any musicians on here???

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I'm 20 years into this hobby and finally had the money to buy something really nice. My first guitar was an ovation acoustic. It was decent enough to learn on but sounded terrible(more the player than the guitar). When I was 19 I got a summer job doing manual labor and saved every penny to buy an American made fender Strat. I played the crap out of that thing. Got one of those practice amps you have. Later invested in a better quality accoustic and got an Ibanez Artwood. Certainly not a Martin or Taylor, but sounds pretty good, but I've wanted a Gibson Les Paul for forever. I'm a huge slash fan and love his sound. Plus so many of the great players played the Les Paul. So I saved for a couple years and bought a real one. None of the copy cat knock offs. I'm so glad I did. It took my playing to another level, mostly because I wanted to play more often, but that's when I really started to learn how to make different sounds with the tuning of the guitar, and not just playing notes/chord.

FB_IMG_1679636878642.jpg

very nice... i don't know how far i will go down this road, just know that it is a very satisfying hobby i wish i had started many years ago... i now have something to do when it's 30 below and i'm sitting around the house...

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting topic..way to go Raider....lol.....I played Trumpet up till jr high,made it as far as 2nd chair, did I like it??? HELL NO..you ask why I played trumpet? Because my mom made me and it was school requirement type of thing, it was play an insturment or sing....well I picked playing....what did I want to play....drums....ma said no way....so you see I got shafted when i was kid....next question, at 57, am I crazy to start learning?

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it'd be crazy to stop learning...I believe mental stimulation is what keeps you sharp and healthy...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I played the flute ........................…. one time at band camp!! ;:;rofl

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can make fart noises with my armpit.

rumor has it that's how richie sambora got his start...

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting topic..way to go Raider....lol.....I played Trumpet up till jr high,made it as far as 2nd chair, did I like it??? HELL NO..you ask why I played trumpet? Because my mom made me and it was school requirement type of thing, it was play an insturment or sing....well I picked playing....what did I want to play....drums....ma said no way....so you see I got shafted when i was kid....next question, at 57, am I crazy to start learning?

here's a start for a 1/2 a loomis to see if you like it... everything you need...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GigMakerStd--yamaha-gigmaker-standard-acoustic-pack-natural

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67