Browning A500

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I dont think it would be hard to make one.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did happen to find one. Normal price is $11. One I found is $38 lol. Might try to make one

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gosh eyexer all this BS your goin through,seems like it will be a annual pain in the-the-ass you'll be dealing with every year,never ending,still say dump that pos or use it for a paddle.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol I think your right. I’ve been looking at some new ones. A nice new retay might fit the bill.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
retay? there ya go again,just because it functions like benelli don't make so,just sayin,go benelli or beretta and call it good otherwise retay stoeger franchi its another dice roll.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Better selection,right up there with SBE2/3,inregards to reliability,downside if your hard on your shotgun,throwing in a duck boat and such is the narrow pistol grip(small diameter),will crack from abuse.seen it happen,I see the retay is made in turkey,goodluck with warranty and parts if ya go that way.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The benelli I’m looking at is composite. I’m not a big fan of that for an upland gun. I think I might just keep shooting my grandpas old model 59 Winchester this year and buy a benelli ethos next year sometime

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The benelli I’m looking at is composite. I’m not a big fan of that for an upland gun. I think I might just keep shooting my grandpas old model 59 Winchester this year and buy a benelli ethos next year sometime

curious eye,whats wrong with composite? more durable than wood,lighter weight.benelli makes several models available in either wood or composite.

now your talking,etho's is a dandy,just over 6lbs but $500 more money than the m3,your paying for the fancy euro walnut wood on the etho,either model is a step up from what your dealing with now,great choice if ya stick to it.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just a wood guy I guess. I just think the composite makes them look cheap. It’s just a personal Hangup I have I guess. But I beat the hell out of em so I shouldn’t even own wood lol

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotcha,the etho is almost to pretty with the silver reciever and nice walnut wood for the field,shooting 3" ammo might losen your teeth some as gun weight is only 6lbs ,the m3 is available in wood also it weighs 7lbs,same recoil system as etho and SBE3,however etho as a sporting clays shotgun has a few more options to tweak for gunfit like the stock comb hight, ,heel drop,both have shims for canting/cast,if you have long arms you might need spacers on either one for length of pull as outof the box they are both 14.25"s LOP.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been researching guns till I was blue in the face. I did email Retay regarding warranty work. They have an importer in the US that handles it all and Briley does they’re warranty work. So that doesn’t appear to be an issue. I have talked to a few retay owners and they love em. I have found several guns I really like. From Winchester to benelli ethos lol. I found a good article on the retay and can’t rule it out yet.

https://shootingsportsman.com/retay-masai-mara/

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha eye,we never met but you sure are stubborn sob,you did a crash n burn on your last two shotguns now thinking on another new kid on the block,my experience with guns manufactured in turkey isn't the outfit doing repair work as briley is top notch,but getting parts in a timely manner.but to each they're own,cz is another low end shotgun czeh made,low quailty gauge barrel metals,that expand from shooting on hot days or shooting alot o/u's often won't break open until they cool. no insight shooting they're semi auto model 812 I believe,.12ga 3" under $800 last I checked bought one for a du raffel/banquet couple years ago for $600 new,guy that won it said he tossed it in a north dakota slough first time out,wouldn't cycle for shit,had a backup benelli.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you read that article. It’s very interesting. And the bolt issue with the benelli would be an issue for me because I do that all the time. So I’d have to go the ethos route to avoid that. They’re just so damn much money lol. I’m not stubble just cheap lol

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
No did not read article. I see retay has been around since 2006 and stole the benelli inershia system when it expired in 2006 but the retay has issues with cycling 2.75 ammo,they claim retay uses a heavier recoil stock spring,further the new benellis use stainless steel components on all moving parts retay? no info.If you decide to go on the high end shotgun,don't rule out the beretta A400 night n day different than your A300,the extreme replaced beretta's extrema.even if ya dont shoot 3.5" ammo its a bull dozer 12ga,soft cycling,stainless guts like benelli,although beretta lengthened forcing cone to help lighten felt recoil and to better the pattern.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually have an A400 in 20 ga that I love. The 12 is on my shirt list too. But for that price I can own an ethos which I think is a nicer gun.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually have an A400 in 20 ga that I love. The 12 is on my shirt list too. But for that price I can own an ethos which I think is a nicer gun.
Ethos is $2k ain't it? but darn pretty to nice to hop over barb wire getting nicked up.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ethos is $2k ain't it? but darn pretty to nice to hop over barb wire getting nicked up.
thats just the thing. It’s gorgeous. And I don’t need gorgeous lol. I’d be scared to carry it through the shit. The one features I love about the retay is you can pull the trigger assembly by just pushing a button. I hunt a lot and I heavy cabbage. Have to clean my intervals numerous times a season. Would be damn nice to just push a button. I’m going to email retay and ask if their bolt is stainless. I would bet it is since the founder of retay was a benelli engineer prior to starting retay

- - - Updated - - -

I sent email asking what metal the bolt is made from. Here is the reply. Snow can you break this down?

The charging handle is still made from machine milled alloy. It is actually 2 pieces that thread together as well

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
dunno,but milled alloy is not stainless,to many moving parts to take a shit imop but ya don't need stainless for charging handle,two pieces screwed together sounds problematic to me,benelli is all one piece as is beretta A400 extreme I shoot.thinking I might switch back to benelli before spring...SBE3.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67