Lost ice fishing equipment

My son and his friend were at audubon today. On the way home the tailgate opened up. Alot of stuff was
in there including a vexilar. Not going to lie i am beside myself. Irresponsible kids. If anyone finds any of this
please contact me. They would of been southbound on US 83. I will pay any one for their trouble. 701-426-6714. Thank you and stay safe!

gatorbaiter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got several hundred dollars worth of gear returned by posting on here several years ago, may you have similar luck.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is still lot of decent people out there, hope you get that phone call.

Happycamper

Honored Member
Painful as it may be, It's still a "teachable moment" You can bet your butt, it will never happen again.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
suckfest.

Good luck to you getting it back.

Only thing I have lost was 4 premixed Jack 7's I spun up and put in the rear sled. It ended up flipping over, but was covered, by the time I noticed the booze was the only thing to have worked its way out of the sled. Every thing else was big enough to be trapped in by the cover.

Was a terrible day, as we had no other cocktails packed.

Last edited:

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reminds me of several years ago, as I left Audubon and drove off the lake, uphill, my sled with depth finder, tackle and rods slid out the back without me knowing. I realized it was missing when I got back to Bismarck. I turned right around and drove back up and was pleasantly surprised to see that someone neatly piled my stuff beside the trail. I never got to thank whomever did that and all of those that drove by it and left it alone, but I will never forget it and usually try real hard to return anything I find. I started putting my name and cell # on my equipment after that. Good luck!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reminds me of several years ago, as I left Audubon and drove off the lake, uphill, my sled with depth finder, tackle and rods slid out the back without me knowing. I realized it was missing when I got back to Bismarck. I turned right around and drove back up and was pleasantly surprised to see that someone neatly piled my stuff beside the trail. I never got to thank whomever did that and all of those that drove by it and left it alone, but I will never forget it and usually try real hard to return anything I find. I started putting my name and cell # on my equipment after that. Good luck!

Always best to have Karma on you side. She's real, and can be a real bitch.

pheasanthunter

They went back up as soon as they got home here and realized what happened. It was late but they thought they would look. Luckily they did find the vexilar, a small tackle box and a couple tip ups. They lost everything a few miles from the lake and somehow this stuff was laying on and along the road. They couldn't find anything else though like the sled or other tackle boxes, etc. It would of had to be in the same area because everything was in the sled so i can't explain it except for the fact that whoever might of picked it up never saw the other stuff somehow. We are grateful that they at least found the stuff they did. Thank you to everyone for their concerns and bumping this up for me. Truly a great group of people on here. On a side note they ended up catching 3 walleyes and one perch which turned into flying fish at the end of the night. :)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They went back up as soon as they got home here and realized what happened. It was late but they thought they would look. Luckily they did find the vexilar, a small tackle box and a couple tip ups. They lost everything a few miles from the lake and somehow this stuff was laying on and along the road. They couldn't find anything else though like the sled or other tackle boxes, etc. It would of had to be in the same area because everything was in the sled so i can't explain it except for the fact that whoever might of picked it up never saw the other stuff somehow. We are grateful that they at least found the stuff they did. Thank you to everyone for their concerns and bumping this up for me. Truly a great group of people on here. On a side note they ended up catching 3 walleyes and one perch which turned into flying fish at the end of the night. :)

Nice, was any of it busted up at all?

pheasanthunter

Thankfully the stuff was in one piece. Vexilar seems to work fine but until i test it on the lake i won’t be
100% sure. Unfortunately a tough lesson for them. I am hoping this was a hard lesson for them
to make sure they ckeck and double check things.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
After you called and told me about this, I got to thinking of the darn Big Mabel tube that I lost a few years ago and was bracing for the worst. Really glad you got at least some of it back!

I was with a really good friend on DL back in the late 90s and we got to screwing around because it was one of his first times ever on ice. Yep, launched everything out the back of my old 79 Ford. Luckily we had only gone a couple miles before we figured it out, I remember the same sinking heart feeling.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I left my cell phone in the little airport bucket at the scan line. Walked all the way to the far end of the Vegas airport, sat down, reached for my phone and, nope don't have it.
Took about 8 (felt like 30)minutes to walk back to the check in line, and sure as shit they had it for me.

Not at all related to your story, but same shitty feeling

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56