NWT stop in ND..not any more.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guess they couldn't work it out with the G&F.
No more stop in Bismarck. The selfish side of me is kinda happy thou, ain't gonna lie.
Bismarck in the spring would have had everyone coming here.

FB_IMG_1607359674035.jpg

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It kind of makes me wonder if G&F actually wanted to force these big tourneys out, or if they assumed these tourneys would just buckle and pay the fee. Either way I’m not disappointed with it being moved to SD.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s awesome and VERY few fisherman will miss them lol.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I'm glad I fished the Garrison event. Likely the last time they will be in ND.

yellowlab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It had nothing to do with money. The dates they were advertising (without getting the permit) conflicted with the Big Muddy, and they would not change the dates, so no tournament.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tourney drama!

- - - Updated - - -

You can’t double book the river lol!!!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It had nothing to do with money. The dates they were advertising (without getting the permit) conflicted with the Big Muddy, and they would not change the dates, so no tournament.
If this really is the story I applaud the G&F for digging in their heals. Three days of major tourneys plus the week of pre-fishing before hand would have been a gong show. It also says a lot about the NWT that they wouldn't look into and give precedence to a major local tourney before considering their own dates.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
First of all, I highly doubt the NWT even paid the $5000 fee. The chances are the fee was paid by the sponsor out of their own pockets. In other words, your local Chamber of Commerce, Tourism, or other agency were the ones paying those fees in order to get them to come. All this change means is that your local tourism or promotions group is now going to have to pay more if they want them to come to your town.

And, here's how they get around this fee. They look at things they're doing that would qualify as "lake access" (county, city, or other funds that they use for boat landing maintenence etc.). They then no longer just budget that under maintenance or what have you. Instead they give that money to their tourism or tourney promoters and designate is as tourney sponsor fees. The fees then are given back to the local group who then in turn puts it into their lake access fund to use it for "lake access".

Nothings changed and everyone's happy. :)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought it was funny that people actually thought the nwt would pay that fee. It’s the chamber always paying that to get them here. Don’t worry we will take them down here along with keeping you boys in the big walleye up there.:cool:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought it was funny that people actually thought the nwt would pay that fee. It’s the chamber always paying that to get them here. Don’t worry we will take them down here along with keeping you boys in the big walleye up there.:cool:

Awesome!! That’s the spirit take em all for us and thanks for the pigs to.!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

From what I've heard, a couple local boat dealerships were covering the cost of the 10%. So them backing out because of the increase cost wasn't an issue anymore. Since G&F denied their permit, there wasn't much else to be done than to switch locations.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I've heard, a couple local boat dealerships were covering the cost of the 10%. So them backing out because of the increase cost wasn't an issue anymore. Since G&F denied their permit, there wasn't much else to be done than to switch locations.

are you gonna fish the one down here?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s next plausible deniability concerning zebra mussels from the NDGF?

dbllung

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're all yours, and Thanks for keeping us in the BIG walleyes...#$%^&>

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79