Amy Anderson Olson LPGA

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not sure if the death of a father-in-law affected the outcome but it did not help.
But a lot of comments made about ND. From a town of only 300, how cold it is up here and so little golfing, and ect so yes she did are state well. db

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple bad holes messed her up today but she did well. Just too bad she couldn't win it. 1 stroke off of the lead.
Good job Amy!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'd bet every golfer has wished they had some shots back during a round. Same today for Amy. None the less she played really well today. The bogie at 16 was a very good tee shot, just a bad bounce that turned into a bogie. Bet when that ball landed she was happy with the shot but not the end result. Played under very tough conditions with the weather and the grieving going on in her heart.

I thought her shot making today was pretty good. Excellent with her driver, kind of average with her short irons. Hitting the greens but ending up 20-30 feet from the hole instead of 10-20 feet. Not as easy to make birdies from longer obviously. Played well, just not perfect. Add in that another competitor gets hot the last three holes and you have the final result.

Final result is that ND should be very proud to claim this young lady as one of our own.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me thinks this publicity will reap big time endorsement money in the weeks and months to come...and rightly so. She was front and center on the Golf Channel for like 4 hours today and held her own, up to the pressure of a Major championship and dealing with recent loss of father in law. She hasn't won on tour yet(148 tourneys) so am thinking she wasn't making a ton of money on tour and her sponsors were probably bank rolling her. Me thinks today changes all of that... GOOD FOR HER!! This is a sports story that is refreshing to see and hear about versus the politicization of the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc etc

Last edited:

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me thinks this publicity will reap big time endorsement money in the weeks and months to come...and rightly so. She was front and center on the Golf Channel for like 4 hours today and held her own, up to the pressure of a Major championship and dealing with recent loss of father in law. She hasn't won on tour yet(148 tourneys) so am thinking she wasn't making a ton of money on tour and her sponsors were probably bank rolling her. Me thinks today changes all of that... GOOD FOR HER!! This is a sports story that is refreshing to see and hear about versus the politicization of the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc etc

Prior to today, she had won 1.6 million from tournaments. Saw that stat, didn’t confirm...but she’s done well before today :)

eliminator

Honored Member
Not a golfer myself but have been watching her intently the last few days and was very impressed with her play and the way she carried herself. She has nothing to be down about her golf tournament. She was great with all that was going on. Good luck to her in the future and I believe it is just a matter of time and she will be winning tournaments also. She was a great representative for North Dakota. Congratulations to her.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member

hey..i agree that is a lot of money...then again.. it is said she has played in 147 tourneys since turning pro..obviously she hasnt made every cut(thus received a pay day) so.. 2.8 million divided by 148 tourneys is only $14,285 won per tourney. Not exactly a wealthy sum..like i said i hope she has good sponsors as i am sure it is spendy on tour..but.. i am sure she is living the dream and good for her.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I met her and her family about 15 years ago.
They are top-notch people. There was something about her as a young girl I just had a feeling was gonna be great.
She was really focused. Did not know it would be golf?
Congrats to Amy and her family. Parents raised em right!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this how the money works? Being she tied for second, did they combine the money of 2nd and 3rd and those two that tied for second split that amount?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
hey..i agree that is a lot of money...then again.. it is said she has played in 147 tourneys since turning pro..obviously she hasnt made every cut(thus received a pay day) so.. 2.8 million divided by 148 tourneys is only $14,285 won per tourney. Not exactly a wealthy sum..like i said i hope she has good sponsors as i am sure it is spendy on tour..but.. i am sure she is living the dream and good for her.

I guess you could look at it like that... but....

2100952.00 career earning 6 years, didn't look at partial
350158.67 annual earnings
959.34 per day every single day
39.97 per hour all f'n day
0.67 per minute no stopping
0.04 per breath 16 breaths, she likely breathes easier than me.

I could live with that income stream. Jeff Bezos might scoff and point fun, Zuck would pop off some alien speak, but for me that is fine income.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are considered independent contractors i believe so overhead does get subtracted, like Zog pointed out. I believe they pay their caddies out of their winnings also.. not sure of the going rate on the LPGA but it is an expense..Not sure if caddie gets paid if golfer doesn't make the cut or only if golfer makes the cut..ie pay day.
Hey i am not arguing she hasn't made some good money but when you net it all out it isn't as HUGE as if she was a successful man on the PGA tour as their prize purses are substantially higher.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​And you pay state tax in every state and/or city you have winnings in. That applies to all types of athletes. Win or lose what percent of your contract/salary when you as a hockey player played those 6 games in New York, Minneapolis, KC or where ever. Some place not only have state income tax but city and county. Better have a good account who is good with division.;:;rofl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77