Memory foam mattress nightmare

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
No It's guna be installing a whole home dehumidifier, just walking up the stairs you can feel the major change hit you. Need to get the humidity level around 40-45 instead of this 55-60 level and prob get our hvac system inspected as well.
I will say this cooling mattress topper we ended up getting along with the cooling sheets makes the bed amazinging comfortable and cool though.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trying out the Purple Hybrid 2 tonight for the first time. I dig the adjustable base so far. You know you’re getting older when a bed change is an exciting event that can be used extensively in dinner conversation.

Slept pretty good tonight on the Purple. It’s definitely not hot. I’m still messing with the adjustable base. A few more nights will help tell the tale.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Purple 4 and like the sleep capabilities it creates but after 12mo can already feel the memory of the latex happening. I didn't think it would be this early in time where I'd recognize the 'dip'. I even move around (I'm single) so I sleep in different spots and rotated the mattress a couple of months ago.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Purple 4 and like the sleep capabilities it creates but after 12mo can already feel the memory of the latex happening. I didn't think it would be this early in time where I'd recognize the 'dip'. I even move around (I'm single) so I sleep in different spots and rotated the mattress a couple of months ago.

that's why we chose the firmest Tempur-Pedic we could get a few years back - because after 10 yrs or so our old Tempur got "dippy" in the sleep zones. We wanted to prevent as much of that as possible when we reinvested.

We always played rotation on conventional beds too and it gets tiresome. And each time it lasts shorter period of time.

so far the firmest Tempur they make is holding steady (maybe 3 years now) - but we're 175 and 105lb so that likely helps

We cut our old king down to a queen (with an electric knife) and it's in the guest room now. People love it.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
We cut our old king down to a queen (with an electric knife) and it's in the guest room now. People love it.

Now if THAT isn't one of Jeff Foxworthy's monikers, I do not know what is! You just might be from North Dakota... #$%^&>

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a memory foam mattress in my hunting house, Im the 3rd owner the other 2 hated it and only used a couple nights. I think its the best mattress i have had.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
image002-3-copy-2.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105