ESWC Coyote Hunt January 30

Skoalongcut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coyote Tournament poster-page-001.jpg

Skoalongcut

Founding Member
Founding Member
19 teams registered for the coyote hunt this morning. They are due back at the VFW at 7 PM for check-in. There will be a warm meal and $500 worth of door prizes for them when they return. Good luck to all.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes winning team had 9 Coyotes, with the lips frozen on 5 of them. On a day with 29 degrees you don't get frozen lips. There were many hunter that thought the same thing. The winning teams pickup pulled in with the back bumper hanging down where it was ripped off the frame on the passenger side. Pickup was a black F150 1989 md . All Coyotes looked to have been shot with a shotgun.

A hunter cannot compete with pickups running field.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't suprise me. Any competition involving money seems to bring out the worst in people. Thus, I don't get involved. More enjoyable that way. I have heard of other tourneys doing block-n- temp. Maybe should be implemented.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't suprise me. Any competition involving money seems to bring out the worst in people. Thus, I don't get involved. More enjoyable that way. I have heard of other tourneys doing block-n- temp. Maybe should be implemented.

I've been involved with quite a few high dollar coyote tournaments.
Can't say I've ever felt cheated?
However, never did get into the small town ones.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a dog in this said fight but have heard of guys bringing in 9-10 in a day and reeking of snowmobile exhaust.. Doesn't take too much to see ones that do it right come bell close: Wet boots up to the calves with mud mixed in, red faces, chapped lips, and a look of exhaustion.
5 in a day is indeed a Helluva day for most small town tourneys, double that and you would usually know the guy's reputations around the county calling-wise. The teams you've never heard of showing up with 7-10 in a day is ultimate sketch imho.
Nekoma and brocket tourneys next weekend, forecast looks nice and chilly!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76