6mm Creedmoor

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
blackLungCreedmoor.jpg

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shoot one for coyotes and I think it's about as good a factory coyote round as you can find. Flat shooting and almost no recoil I shoot a Browning X-Bolt long rang McMillian during the day and a Savage MSR Long Range at night. People might not like the name Creedmoor but they perform and that's all I care about.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not another Creedmoor topic....for the love of god not another

Holy hell man! There are starving people in China! What do you want to read?...

On another note; I believe the 6 ARC is the next manbun rd. I also believe this has some merit.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The gaymoor is just fine compared to nanofil.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didnt know there were cartridge haters. If I had the pesos I would have them all. I thought a 204 Ruger would be what I wanted next, but the 6 Creedmoor sounds good too. I would think about a 338 or 375, but then I would need another suppressor. I wish my 45/70 had a round barrel because a suppressor would sure match up nice with my 500gr buller mould. Like they say, they are all nice some are just nicer than others.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cartridge haters lol. Meh! Like I said I think the 6.5 creedmoor would be fun with lightweight bullets.

- - - Updated - - -

One plus for the 6mm creedmoor is the short case potentially allows enough room in the mag box for seating the super long bullets available in 6mm.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of these discussions are way over my head. That said, can someone explain why they don't offer lighter bullets off the shelf for a 6.5? I don't handload. But, one thing I enjoy about my .243 was I could buy 55 grain off the shelf that were pushing 4000+ fps. They grouped well and were relatively flat out to 400 with a 200 yd zero. Which was very handy when I used to varmint hunt a lot. I think the lightest available for my 6.5 is 125.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of these discussions are way over my head. That said, can someone explain why they don't offer lighter bullets off the shelf for a 6.5? I don't handload. But, one thing I enjoy about my .243 was I could buy 55 grain off the shelf that were pushing 4000+ fps. They grouped well and were relatively flat out to 400 with a 200 yd zero. Which was very handy when I used to varmint hunt a lot. I think the lightest available for my 6.5 is 125.

I think you can get 95 from Sierra in their varmiter line but haven’t seen any lighter than that. I think any lighter the bullet would get to short to load

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

The reason for no lightweight "varmint" projectiles has to do with how the Creedmoor family of cartridges has been launched, marketed, and sold. They're billed as turnkey, long-range, factory rifle/ammo, low-recoil solutions for the non-reloader. The whole CreedMoor family is essentially the same brass case as the 22-250 with a little less case taper to add a little more case capacity (IE velocity).

The 243Win has always been a "crossover" cartridge, marketed to be suitable for both varmints and big-game. Makes sense to offer a light/fast projectile in a "varmint" marketed cartridge.

You probably won't see many if any 55gn or less projectiles in factory ammo for the 22CreedMoor either, that niche is overflowing with choices. They're looking for the fast-twist high-BC crowd, not the 4K FPS crowd.

The folks manufacturing and marketing rifles/ammo in the Creedmoor family seem to be walking lock-step in not trying to make the family something that it's not, nor trying to fill a space that's been loaded to overflowing for decades.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
now you tell me

- - - Updated - - -

what’s the lightest maker of these 240 Wby?

- - - Updated - - -

Did Barrett make one?

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you want light and fast, go with the 243 or 6mm. Or if you have a small penis, go with the 240 weatherby.

As usual Kentucky windage shows how he assumes he knows what people are referring to without actually knowing. Quite typical of those with big ego’s and little to back them up. By lightweight I was referring to the long bullets that are out in 125 grain for the 6.5 jesus.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
As usual Kentucky windage shows how he assumes he knows what people are referring to without actually knowing. Quite typical of those with big ego’s and little to back them up. By lightweight I was referring to the long bullets that are out in 125 grain for the 6.5 jesus.

I don’t have white rimmed sunglasses, nor do I creedmoor. I’m just having fun. You can put your shades back on.........

I fully understand guns, cartridges, loads and reloading. I think you said it best when you said every cartridge has its potential to be great given a situation. I’m just having a little fun is all.......

- - - Updated - - -

It all comes down to needs, time and money. I could honestly kill everything in any situation with a few rifles, but what be the fun in only having a few?

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
204 Ruger, At the range about the first of November I meet a couple of young men that hunt coyotes alot. One of them had built his own AR style and was very happy with it. Evidently he was good with it also as he had already killed over 30 coyotes. He was working up a few different loads. Extremely nice young men. As they answered some dumb questions from this old coot. Asked him about if he was going to build a Creedmoor. Said doesn't have to shoot at long range because he calls them in.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good morning! Let’s talk slow heavy bullets and take a nap it’s Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

now you tell me

- - - Updated - - -

what’s the lightest maker of these 240 Wby?

I bought mine from Ultralight Arms. Gunsmith melvin Forbes. I wanted a long range monster without having to go to giant cases and big recoil, suppressors, or muzzle breaks. The recoil from 54 grains of reloder-26 with 110 grain bullets is actually more than I thought but not bad. This is definitely not a “volume rifle” lol. She heats up quick.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Barrett make one?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good morning! Let’s talk slow heavy bullets and take a nap it’s Monday.

Wby makes their Ti actioned backcountry 6-lug MK V in 240 w/26" bbl @ 4.9#. Then they buggered it all up via 1:10" twist. DOLTS!!!!!!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wby makes their Ti actioned backcountry 6-lug MK V in 240 w/26" bbl @ 4.9#. Then they buggered it all up via 1:10" twist. DOLTS!!!!!!

that’s gross!

- - - Updated - - -

That’s like having a big pig on the hook and the nanofil snapping at the knot.

- - - Updated - - -

#nanofilnightmares.org

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74