Side x Side (utv) question

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You buying one Zog --- when i see the name on these i think of the original maverick car. I remember piling into one of those to see how many people we could fit. Not to many.

Starting price on the mav pu is in the teens.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
c'mon you guys - get with the program

https://diamondcargo.com/54-Escape-Door-P2357800.aspx

bears.jpg

Heck i would break my neck trying to get a leg out of there to the ground.
Seen them before and they are slick but not in my old age and shot body.
Think they call them escape doors?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heck i would break my neck trying to get a leg out of there to the ground.
Seen them before and they are slick but not in my old age and shot body.
Think they call them escape doors?

step ladder hung on wall just inside

$350 - not too bad for ability to haul/store enclosed

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
You buying one Zog --- when i see the name on these i think of the original maverick car. I remember piling into one of those to see how many people we could fit. Not to many.

Starting price on the mav pu is in the teens.

One of my first cars was the Maverick. Bought used. 74 model. Bought that thing a million years ago.. wish i still had it.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are your trailer dimensions if my don't mind my asking? Not sure width and height to allow for trks.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
just under 8’ wide inside

7.5’ tall or so inside

my residential garage (7’) and trailer both clear by about an inch or less
the springs in the back door area are the pinch point on the trailer

- - - Updated - - -

20’ V nose

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are thinking about putting tracks on or have tracks on your SxS the guy at Extreme trailers said you need the widest enclosed trailer possible. I initially bought the 7' wide and could barely get out of the SxS. SxS is 6' wide so only gave me 6" to open the door. Took it back and ordered the widest one offered. I do recall he said to order the right height too because the roll cage stands up so high on those SxS.

SxS is 10' long, have a blade for it which makes it 12'4'' long. Ordered a 16' V nose enclosed trailer. Works great for me. This time of the year i have the SxS in a heated garage ready for snow removal duties. The enclosed trailer which was the wife's idea is used as a fourth stall garage, storing off season equipment in the winter time. The enclosed trailer sits on an RV pad beside the three stall garage. Wheels are up off the ground and gravity along with the front jack and two stabilizer jacks in the rear have kept it in place with all this wind. i'd highly recommend the rear jacks. I can load the SxS without having the trailer hooked up to anything (summer garage for SxS) with the front and rear jacks on the ground. Mine is a 16' V nose aluminum trailer purchased at Extreme trailers in Mandan. Width is either 8 or 8.5'. I'd have to get out there to measure if you need that info. Oh! 2' dovetail on the backend of the trailer is what I ordered it with too.

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
just under 8’ wide inside

7.5’ tall or so inside

my residential garage (7’) and trailer both clear by about an inch or less
the springs in the back door area are the pinch point on the trailer

- - - Updated - - -

20’ V nose

Thank you.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds to me either the guy is drastically out of shape or is just learning or doesn't give a hoot about how long it takes him to get out to a spot.
OR MAYBE he is waiting for others to start catching fish so he knows where to set up!!!!!!!!!! :;:muahaha :;:exactly :;:thumbsup :;:cheers :;:rockit

That ^^^ or now the ranger guy can make a long run once he warms up,that was my deal when I was younger,hike out 2,3 + miles to get on my spot early ice/late ice,then mid season one day drove my truck out a dumb ass came flying down the lake ice road at 50mph opened up a huge crack 15" of ice right down the middle of said road I was on the wrong side of the crack fishing to get back on the road,this alone justfied the purchase of my wheeler after I bought a new front drivers seat in my truck going over the crack to get back on the road,my ass chewed up my driver seat....

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been on a few "adventures" where my butt was so puckered to the seat, you could have put the rig on its roof and i wouldn't have released from the seat! :;:exactly

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75