New Land Bills: SB 2036, 2037 and 2038

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Is it just me or is the trespass / posting etc very quiet being we are 1/2 thru the session . Or are they coming with barrels a blazing the second 1/2

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are politicians...silence is scary. Guns will be blazing soon. I still stand firm on NO change is needed. I am not into the "pass it to just to get it over" with crowd! Landowners have the right to post their land already and there are penalty's in place to address the violators. LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE!!

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was just thinking this as well when I saw the headline that they are halfway done with the session...probably going to try to sneak something through quick at the end like 2 years ago...

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is anyone surprised the G&F would ride the fence and agree with the flavor of the day? Gets worse every year. They don't or won't come out and state where they really stand on too many issues. You can't tell me the majority of the sportsmen who buy licenses and support the G&F, agree with the bullshit that's going on. They won't come out and call it BS because of political BS and backlash. All I asked my Senator and Reps is who is going to step up and furnish more funding for the G&F when this shit passes? I would dare to guess there will be a number of sportsmen who just say "Screw It, Keep your Licenses" So Fritz, when you tell us the G&f is in, we all know how they operate. As far as wildlife orgs, are they hand picked to come and kiss ass at the capitol? I don't trust anything you post! G&F is a bunch of wish-wash MFers!
signed
Disgusted ND Sportsman.
Fish On!

Retired RR

If the legislation to meet every year passes, you know their going to come up with some more ridiculous shit to pass the time, so beware. They'll still try sneaking Trespass Bill in the backend of something before session ends I'm sure.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have zero faith in politicians, or the political process. Its legalized crime from the city to the white house.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
At this point you know its moving, behind close doors. They are just waiting to slip it through. They are prepared for the backlash this time and have a plan to sweep it under the rug. They were proud to announce at the beginning of session that this was one of their top priorities, dont kid yourself that its not lurking behind door #3. I'd venture its already in its final form whatever that may be.

Just because something comes up every session does not mean it should be passed. It usually means it shitty policy that a few influential folks keep bringing back. Like a snotty nosed kid who gets told no time and again, and goes from one parent to the next until they get the answer they want.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep you can bet your ass they are keeping it under wraps until the last couple days. Trying to lull us to sleep. They took heat the whole session last year. This way they only have to deal with the heat for a couple days

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Precisely. Last day cram it through with as little debate and public input as possible.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm actually considering hunting out of state for the first time for deer because of how shitty ND is getting. How crazy is that? But maybe that's what ND is hoping for. Screw the residents and get squeeze the NR's for all their worth.

It's a different time. At least my kids will have a brief window of opportunity to hunt to their heart's content until they turn of age and are stuck with the rest of us.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm actually considering hunting out of state for the first time for deer because of how shitty ND is getting. How crazy is that? But maybe that's what ND is hoping for. Screw the residents and get squeeze the NR's for all their worth.

It's a different time. At least my kids will have a brief window of opportunity to hunt to their heart's content until they turn of age and are stuck with the rest of us.

Teach them how to knock on a door. It still works for me and it will work for my kids. I will tell you what hurts land access a hell of a lot more than an “everything is posted” law...every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinking he needs to start up a guiding service. THOSE motherfuckers piss off more landowners and close more doors than anything and I hear about it directly from the mouths of the landowners who don’t mind people hunting on their land...until they use it to make money hand over fist in the process. That rubs them the wrong way.

But for fucks sake people, if you think hunting is over because you now have to speak to a landowner to hunt then you’ve been going about it all wrong anyway and you set yourself up for this.

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Teach them how to knock on a door. It still works for me and it will work for my kids. I will tell you what hurts land access a hell of a lot more than an “everything is posted” law...every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinking he needs to start up a guiding service. THOSE motherfuckers piss off more landowners and close more doors than anything and I hear about it directly from the mouths of the landowners who don’t mind people hunting on their land...until they use it to make money hand over fist in the process. That rubs them the wrong way.

But for fucks sake people, if you think hunting is over because you now have to speak to a landowner to hunt then you’ve been going about it all wrong anyway and you set yourself up for this.

I knock on doors ALL THE TIME. They know to be respectful, polite, and pick up after themselves.

I'm not going down the same rabbit hole we've talked about ad nauseum. These bills will forever change hunting and fishing in North Dakota, and are creating a slippery slope that will make things worse, not better.

It's only my 2 cents, but there are many who feel similarly.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
“It's only my 2 cents, but there are many who feel similarly.”

Ditto.

Also, good on you for teaching your kids to knock and ask. It means a lot more than just a phone call to ask.
Maybe by “how shitty ND is getting” you meant more than just this posting change which is about to take effect.
The electronic system...dumb and a huge waste of money. The group in charge of it tells you all
you need to know about it. There are some very good opportunities for the ND G&F to step up and make this work with landowners and hunters but the ND G&F needs to recognize it and actually step up. They have not done a great job of salvaging their own reputation lately as is evident by many comments on this website.
It is a different time, I will give you that, but you can’t stop the world from turning.

Last edited:

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Imagine their shock when they find that these laws will do nothing to curtail poaching and property damage. It will cost the state a lot of money to develop and maintain their attempt at a smartphone app and database, likely at the expense of the game and fish budget, but either way your tax dollars. These same weirdos are pushing HB 1340, which restricts game wardens from entering private land without expressed permission, essentially preventing them from doing their jobs.

Edit: I forgot to add; HCR 3019 which is written to get rid of wetland easements in ND citing “safety” as the reason. Correct me if I’m wrong, but an easement is a voluntary agreement between landowner and government?

Last edited:

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yup. It has certainly turned into a huge fiasco with each passing moment.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
These same weirdos are pushing HB 1340, which restricts game wardens from entering private land without expressed permission, essentially preventing them from doing their jobs.

Edit: I forgot to add; HCR 3019 which is written to get rid of wetland easements in ND citing “safety” as the reason. Correct me if I’m wrong, but an easement is agreed upon and the landowner is paid, right? And if a new buyer purchased the land they were aware of the remaining years I assume?

First, i'm on the fence on this one. Some game wardens do abuse their power with sneaking around on private land. Just like a cop has to have probable cause to enter your house, I think a warden should too. Like actually approaching people in the act of hunting and fishing. None of their undercover clandestine operations stuff. Hanging trail cams without permission for example.

Second, the easement thing is ridiculous. I can't tell the power company to move the utility box in my yard because I bought the house and dont like it their. Its part of the real estate business. A previous owner sold an interest in the land. No different than someone selling off the mineral rights.

And Dirty, I agree on the outfitters. They lease everything out and that will be alot easier now with the E system. They can say hey farmer Joe, I'll pay you $x/acre to flip the switch on GnF website. Deal? Alrighty then!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60