New Land Bills: SB 2036, 2037 and 2038

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They better be paying taxes on these hunting/land access fee's.
Farmers are not the enemy, but they also need to be treated equally.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see your point ndlongshot. Trail cams in private land is BS, and I’m guessing they’d try to pin a landowner if they took it down or destroyed it. Hiding out on private land is a slippery slope. I don’t think they should be able to “stake out” for an extended period of time. But what amount of time is acceptable? A game wardens job is apples to oranges compared to a policeman. Their scope of laws and
activities occur in the countryside checking permits, limits, firearms. The regs apply no matter which piece of land you’re on.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Imagine their shock when they find that these laws will do nothing to curtail poaching and property damage. It will cost the state a lot of money to develop and maintain their attempt at a smartphone app and database, likely at the expense of the game and fish budget, but either way your tax dollars. These same weirdos are pushing HB 1340, which restricts game wardens from entering private land without expressed permission, essentially preventing them from doing their jobs.

Edit: I forgot to add; HCR 3019 which is written to get rid of wetland easements in ND citing “safety” as the reason. Correct me if I’m wrong, but an easement is a voluntary agreement between landowner and government?
There will be no shock. That’s not even their intent anyway. The whole basis for this is to not have to put up signs. Don’t let me bullshit you into thinking it’s about anything else. That’s smoke and mirrors.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched some of the testimony and have read the bills; am I right that what is being pushed now is basically: move forward with e-posting, unposted land is still open, fenced land even when unposted is closed to all activities other than hunting & fishing?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see your point ndlongshot. Trail cams in private land is BS, and I’m guessing they’d try to pin a landowner if they took it down or destroyed it. Hiding out on private land is a slippery slope. I don’t think they should be able to “stake out” for an extended period of time. But what amount of time is acceptable? A game wardens job is apples to oranges compared to a policeman. Their scope of laws and
activities occur in the countryside checking permits, limits, firearms. The regs apply no matter which piece of land you’re on.

I think some peoples idea of scouting is looking for other peoples blinds and tree stands. My friend, grandson, and I hunt posted land yet some yahoo has the nerve to come in bend our cameras backwards and put up their camera with cell service. The warden would have taken care of it if we pressed charges, but not knowing who it was we didnt want to start a feud with our relatives and their neighbors. We set up four cameras and after a month the guy got his camera somehow without us getting a picture. We will try hide our blinds better this year and watch for a camera with this serial number. IMG_0483.jpg

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
E-posting is not a bad idea but the following have to be in place otherwise it’s a no deal:
1. Default is open to hunting if not posted
2. Must be posted by the landowner
3. App must be available without service and be unchanged in the middle of the season

The understanding that this will not decrease trespassing or poaching as those folks never have and never will follow the law. This app should remove the time and expense of posting land physically. Hopefully it reduces confusion on some tracts whether the land is actually posted or not.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
E-posting is not a bad idea but the following have to be in place otherwise it’s a no deal:
1. Default is open to hunting if not posted
2. Must be posted by the landowner
3. App must be available without service and be unchanged in the middle of the season

The understanding that this will not decrease trespassing or poaching as those folks never have and never will follow the law. This app should remove the time and expense of posting land physically. Hopefully it reduces confusion on some tracts whether the land is actually posted or not.

#3 will never happen that way. There would have to be a deadline date (late summer) for initial posting. Then you would have to have to ability for those to be able to post it later on, but with a penalty such as: land posted won’t take affect until 2, 3 or 4 weeks after as a penalty.

I would add that those choosing not to post should receive a tax break of some sort. We simply can’t make it on public land alone. There has to be an incentive to promote it. It evens the playing field with the pay to play and guides (the devil).

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only possible good thing that could come of this is if posting had a sunset of December 31. Many land owners dont mind people shooting coyotes, but all the posted signs are still up. If you drive the road and howl at 3:00 am then come back to call at sunrise the farmer would smack you up side the head if you werr dumb enough to wake him at 6:00 am in the winter asking permission to shoot coyotes. Since a coyote territory aversges about 25 sections asking to hunt a section gived you a 1 in 25 chance of seeing a coyote, and if its no wind maybe a 1 in 8 of a coyote evrn hearing you. Everything else is a negative for everyonr but the outfitter. I dont see this as a hunting or landowner bill, but a wildlife commercialization bill pushed by the money worshippers. I wonder if they ever thought about the negative impact on sport shops, motels, pickup sales etc? If you have a dozen people making a million dollars, but 1000 people loosing 20 million which has the most impact on the economy? Child like minds take the dollar today even if they loose ten tomorrow. The asylum truly is in charge.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only possible good thing that could come of this is if posting had a sunset of December 31. Many land owners dont mind people shooting coyotes, but all the posted signs are still up. If you drive the road and howl at 3:00 am then come back to call at sunrise the farmer would smack you up side the head if you werr dumb enough to wake him at 6:00 am in the winter asking permission to shoot coyotes. Since a coyote territory aversges about 25 sections asking to hunt a section gived you a 1 in 25 chance of seeing a coyote, and if its no wind maybe a 1 in 8 of a coyote evrn hearing you. Everything else is a negative for everyonr but the outfitter. I dont see this as a hunting or landowner bill, but a wildlife commercialization bill pushed by the money worshippers. I wonder if they ever thought about the negative impact on sport shops, motels, pickup sales etc? If you have a dozen people making a million dollars, but 1000 people loosing 20 million which has the most impact on the economy? Child like minds take the dollar today even if they loose ten tomorrow. The asylum truly is in charge.

Coyotes are prime in November. Thanksgiving or on the 24th sunrise is 8:00 am.

https://gf.nd.gov/plots/sunrise-sunset-times#dec

If sunrise is 8:00 am, why would you call someone at 6:00 am?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
If sunrise is 8:00 am, why would you call someone at 6:00 am?
You better read my post again. One of my points was dont ask at 6:00am. Also sunrise means nothing after deer sesson because you can hunt 24 hours a day. Too I dont only hunt coyoted when they are prime. Some people kill coyotes year around. I lay off about March first through August. Did my comment about commercializing wildlife step on your toes?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard there are some wolves in Dunn county

Big flippin herd with @#$%$ ..................................................................................... that long

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77