New Land Bills: SB 2036, 2037 and 2038

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure what to make of these yet other than what is written, but methinks we best keep a close eye:
https://gf.nd.gov/legislation?fbclid=IwAR3txhaNiHPbWDlGRwLWBoE6BJL9LkSbRcGVHcZt6rtF89M5_j5lnbIv1lA

(If you don't want to click the link)

SB 2036: Legislative management shall continue to study the electronic land access database and application during the 2021-22 interim, and expand it to all counties.

SB 2037:
Amends a section of century code relating to criminal trespass and electronic posting, including an individual would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor by entering an enclosed fence; and the name of a person would not have to appear on each sign on physically posted land.

SB 2038:
Allows the option to designate the land as posted or closed to hunting in an online database or other electronic application.

- - - Updated - - -

The only one that really seems to not past the smell test is 2037...I don't like it.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had down loaded the fish n game plots app in 3F2 where I hunted and is was a sample unit to try was very easy to use with good mapping software. the GPS was spot on. Do I like these bills not sure but it will be coming. For non cell phone or handheld device users not good. I thought it was easy software to use and see on my cellular device to me.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m so fucking pissed off at politicians right now there is no way in hell I’d dare even attend any kind of legislative ordeals

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure what to make of these yet other than what is written, but methinks we best keep a close eye:
https://gf.nd.gov/legislation?fbclid=IwAR3txhaNiHPbWDlGRwLWBoE6BJL9LkSbRcGVHcZt6rtF89M5_j5lnbIv1lA

SB 2036: Legislative management shall continue to study the electronic land access database and application during the 2021-22 interim, and expand it to all counties.

SB 2037:
Amends a section of century code relating to criminal trespass and electronic posting, including an individual would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor by entering an enclosed fence; and the name of a person would not have to appear on each sign on physically posted land.

SB 2038:
Allows the option to designate the land as posted or closed to hunting in an online database or other electronic application.

- - - Updated - - -

The only one that really seems to not past the smell test is 2037...I don't like it.

I am not sure how I could support any of these anti-sportsman measures. WTF?

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not sure how I could support any of these anti-sportsman measures. WTF?

I guess on the outside, SB 2036 seems pretty harmless. I mean, this year's trial in SE ND was a joke. It was open to landowner participation, and you can barely find the posted spots online they're so few and far between. But the wording also is pretty broad -- "researching" could mean just about anything. And I'm not even sure why SB 2038 is there. Just making it a law so that they can use electronic posting that they're currently testing?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pass this stupid posting law before it gets even dumber and pacify the dumbasses who are pressing so hard for it. I am pretty firmly convinced that the longer you fight it the worse the outcome will be. I feel like this point has been proven already. On both ends you now have people forcing the hands of those who never had an issue with how things were set up, and the amount of resources and money being wasted continues to add up.

Once it passes (and it will), since the G&F is (should be) very concerned about salvaging a good relationship between the downright decent folks (hunters and landowers and the non hunting and non landowning public) who never had a big issue with this on either side, they should provide free metal signs to all landowners who want them. Not just any free metal signs, but signs that read something like:

1) Open to hunting
2) Hunting allowed with permission
3) Access allowed between the dates xxx and yyy
4) Access allowed for the following: fishing, hiking, xxx, yyy, etc.

The landowners who didn't want this should not have to spend one damn cent or one ounce of energy because of it. They should not have to post their land as “open” when they never had to do that before. They should not have to field phone calls from hunters when they didn’t have to do that before. They should not have an additional burden when they never had a problem to begin with. So the G&F themselves or some volunteer organizations of their choice should put these signs up for them, as they do PLOTS signs. After all, it is essentially the same...private land that is open to sportsmen. Here is your new opportunity, G&F...make it count.

Come on Game and Fish, step up to the plate and deliver on this...help out landowners who never wanted to post their land or never minded it being accessed. Help out hunters and the general public by helping to easily display the land that was never meant to be posted. And if the Game and Fish is truly only concerned about money like some people believe, this is still a win because you are creating access and strengthening relationships which should only increase hunter participation and license sales - all for the low cost of Putting up some signs.

The goofy sons of bitches who have sold their souls to the devil to create as big of a rift between honest to goodness landowners and hunters, and also those landowners and hunters who have been way out in left and right field the whole time and would never give an inch on this can all collectively go to hell as far as I'm concerned. The mess we are left with now is your doing in my personal opinion. Both groups have that entitlement attitude beyond my own belief. “Do what benefits me the most, but after that - leave me alone.”

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m so fucking pissed off at politicians right now there is no way in hell I’d dare even attend any kind of legislative ordeals

Being out raged on the internet is a definite solution

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.... 3 different bills pertaining to the same bullshit means they are attempting to further their agenda incrementally instead of in one big bite....

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like these riots who cares....just gonna keep poaching deer and other critters off posted land like ya own it. They created this. :;:cheers

dustit

SB 2037:

SB 2038:

- - - Updated - - -

Here are actual links to the text in bills as they were introduced.

SB2036
https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/67-2021/documents/21-0159-02000.pdf

SB2037
https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/67-2021/documents/21-0163-03000.pdf

SB2038
https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/67-2021/documents/21-0196-01000.pdf

Some initial takes...

It is interesting that so far they are assigned to the Energy and Natural Resource Committee. I wonder how long will it take before it transferred to the Agricultural Committee like years past?

I see the "North Dakota Lock Out - Supporting Our Agricultural and Hunting Heritage" FB page is posting about SB2037 and the committee hearing date already also. Are there any virtual hearings this year?

Where does this money come from for this electronic study and any implementation of electronic access? What is trying to be fixed that isn't broken? The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah. Its been two years now. Who the hell paid for the trial system? Its been asked a hundred times, still no answers...

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pass this stupid posting law before it gets even dumber and pacify the dumbasses who are pressing so hard for it. I am pretty firmly convinced that the longer you fight it the worse the outcome will be. I feel like this point has been proven already. On both ends you now have people forcing the hands of those who never had an issue with how things were set up, and the amount of resources and money being wasted continues to add up.

Once it passes (and it will), since the G&F is (should be) very concerned about salvaging a good relationship between the downright decent folks (hunters and landowers and the non hunting and non landowning public) who never had a big issue with this on either side, they should provide free metal signs to all landowners who want them. Not just any free metal signs, but signs that read something like:

1) Open to hunting
2) Hunting allowed with permission
3) Access allowed between the dates xxx and yyy
4) Access allowed for the following: fishing, hiking, xxx, yyy, etc.

The landowners who didn't want this should not have to spend one damn cent or one ounce of energy because of it. They should not have to post their land as “open” when they never had to do that before. They should not have to field phone calls from hunters when they didn’t have to do that before. They should not have an additional burden when they never had a problem to begin with. So the G&F themselves or some volunteer organizations of their choice should put these signs up for them, as they do PLOTS signs. After all, it is essentially the same...private land that is open to sportsmen. Here is your new opportunity, G&F...make it count.

Come on Game and Fish, step up to the plate and deliver on this...help out landowners who never wanted to post their land or never minded it being accessed. Help out hunters and the general public by helping to easily display the land that was never meant to be posted. And if the Game and Fish is truly only concerned about money like some people believe, this is still a win because you are creating access and strengthening relationships which should only increase hunter participation and license sales - all for the low cost of Putting up some signs.

The goofy sons of bitches who have sold their souls to the devil to create as big of a rift between honest to goodness landowners and hunters, and also those landowners and hunters who have been way out in left and right field the whole time and would never give an inch on this can all collectively go to hell as far as I'm concerned. The mess we are left with now is your doing in my personal opinion. Both groups have that entitlement attitude beyond my own belief. “Do what benefits me the most, but after that - leave me alone.”

I agree with this. This is the best solution, hate to say it.
I would love to see it stay as is, but that's not happening.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't say for sure that this will pass someday. More legislative seats will move to the cities in the state and away from the rural parts of the state over time. Farms are becoming fewer and will probably move toward automation. The farm lobby will not have the power that they do now.

- - - Updated - - -

I could maybe live with this but we need to get something. Shouldn't property rights also apply to people who want to sell their land to the game and fish? Right now that is real hard to do and needs approval.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have to get through this year. Next election is going to change a hell of a lot of seats. There is going to be a new political party so the republicans won’t be in the majority for too many more years.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess on the outside, SB 2036 seems pretty harmless. I mean, this year's trial in SE ND was a joke. It was open to landowner participation, and you can barely find the posted spots online they're so few and far between. But the wording also is pretty broad -- "researching" could mean just about anything. And I'm not even sure why SB 2038 is there. Just making it a law so that they can use electronic posting that they're currently testing?

SB 2036 description is about implementing the so-called research electronic posting system in every county as I understand it, once the system is implemented statewide an argument will be we've already spent the money so we have to implement it permanently. Somebody already posted above how to eat an elephant, you do it just one bite at a time.

Nodakker

When I contacted my senators is my districts - He said I was the only one who emailed who did not support the bills 2 years ago. Everyone else who contacted him, according to him, was in favor of a No Trespass Bill. That's sad....

He also stated that "sportsman groups" were all on board with a Trespass bill to go along with the Game and Fish. How can you even start to argue when groups and game and fish want all land posted up??? Sad, but what can 1 person do?

They also stated that with the "study" done in the last 2 years, progress has been made and this bill will pass now. I emailed multiple "NO" votes Reps and Sen's from 2019 - They will most likely change their votes this time. Time to fight is now, what will happen is this bill will sit until the last 2 days of session, and get pushed through because everyone wants to get the hell out of there.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When I contacted my senators is my districts - He said I was the only one who emailed who did not support the bills 2 years ago. Everyone else who contacted him, according to him, was in favor of a No Trespass Bill. That's sad....

He also stated that "sportsman groups" were all on board with a Trespass bill to go along with the Game and Fish. How can you even start to argue when groups and game and fish want all land posted up???.................

I find this extremely hard to believe is the case and likely boarding on the edge of dishonesty to fit his own agenda. just another form of voter suppression "if I tell everyone that they are the only one against it, they might start believing it". Not one other person contacted him urging to vote against the bill, I don't believe that for a minute.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find this extremely hard to believe is the case and likely boarding on the edge of dishonesty to fit his own agenda. just another form of voter suppression "if I tell everyone that they are the only one against it, they might start believing it". Not one other person contacted him urging to vote against the bill, I don't believe that for a minute.
Ditto. Hes full of Shiat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75