Bill being introduced to allow Pink

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
A bill being introduced to allow pink to be worn during big game hunting. Personally, I can see orange in the field waaayyy better, not buying to the fact they are claiming that it will get more people into hunting just because pink is optional color to wear...it may influence the females to a degree, why stop there? why not allow hi viz lime green and fluorescent yellow??????? Just as long as it not brown/black with white.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Our law makers are running out of things to make into law. Time well spent-----------NNNNOOOOTTTT.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as they make it where there HAS TO BE TWO people together, I'm for it.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Our future is not looking bright. That’s all I can really say.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
These are the things our lawmakers sit at home and think about for 2 yrs....

How many of our lawmakers have full time jobs?

How many of them have husbands who farm?

Sorry....can of worms...

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As long as it is Fluorescent Pink, I think it would ok, another law to get is, if your on a dam Bicycle out in the country you need to have Orange on

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
These are the things our lawmakers sit at home and think about for 2 yrs....

How many of our lawmakers have full time jobs?

How many of them have husbands who farm?

Sorry....can of worms...

I suppose one of them got their ass chewed out because the orange they had to wear hunting with them didn't match their little woman's pink fingernail polish.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fine with me as long as it's a fluorescent that is clearly visible. Look how the pink guns have become popular. If it encourages some women to become active in hunting it's better for all of us. I'm not real interested in wearing pink while hunting, or most any time, but I'm still OK with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Some have mentioned that this is a waste of time. Perhaps but I hope it's not a bill that requires much time at all. To me it seems pretty simple, a quick discussion on any reasons not to and if there are none recommend a do pass. Vote on the floor and done. This seems to me to be a bill that might benefits the female population who hunt and should not have a reason to not pass unless someone can provide a reason where it would create a real safety issue.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I never realized orange was a masculine color. I thought we used blaze orange because it is close to if not the most visible color in contrast to everything else in nature. What in Gods name happened to common sense and logic as a basis for safety rules? Now we are basing them off of feelings, inclusion, exclusion, whatever?!?! Like I said earlier our future looks grim. Goddamit have things gotten way off course.

My girls wear orange and they love it. They think that orange vest is a badge of honor and it makes me proud. They have a lot of pink clothes on underneath but never once heard them ask for a pink vest. Some days I truly believe my toddlers would win a battle of wits with most adults I know (if we could base that battle off of common sense and not making sure we don’t hurt someone’s feelings by being honest, of course).

I love seeing women and young girls being active in the outdoors. The future of hunting probably rests on the need to get them involved. However, if it requires a pink vest to get a female to be interested in hunting, she should probably sit it out, IMO.

Last edited:

★ Legendary Member
This goes along with saying Amen and Awomen at the end of a prayer just so we don't hurt feelings.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
This goes along with saying Amen and Awomen at the end of a prayer just so we don't hurt feelings.

Nobody's feelings were ever hurt by saying "Amen" at the end of a prayer. Nobody gave it a second thought until the Dem/Lib/Tards added "Awomen" after the House prayer to start this session of Congress!

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never realized orange was a masculine color. I thought we used blaze orange because it is close to if not the most visible color in contrast to everything else in nature. What in Gods name happened to common sense and logic as a basis for safety rules? Now we are basing them off of feelings, inclusion, exclusion, whatever?!?! Like I said earlier our future looks grim. Goddamit have things gotten way off course.

My girls wear orange and they love it. They think that orange vest is a badge of honor and it makes me proud. They have a lot of pink clothes on underneath but never once heard them ask for a pink vest. Some days I truly believe my toddlers would win a battle of wits with most adults I know (if we could base that battle off of common sense and not making sure we don’t hurt someone’s feelings by being honest, of course).

I love seeing women and young girls being active in the outdoors, but if it requires a pink vest to get a female to be interested in hunting, she should probably sit it out, IMO.

It was a woman representative that brought it up, and her claim is, she couldn't find something to 'fit' her in blaze orange and found something in pink that fit her better...that is where she's getting the idea of allowing pink(rolling my eyes)

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bet you could see fluorescent pink better than orange anyway. I really don’t see why this triggers some of you so bad.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nobody's feelings were ever hurt by saying "Amen" at the end of a prayer. Nobody gave it a second thought until the Dem/Lib/Tards added "Awomen" after the House prayer to start this session of Congress!

which then illustrated plain as day he didn’t know what the hell he was talking about through the entire prayer anyway. I love how it teetered back and forth between holy speak and political speak. Sounded stupid and blasphemous as shit from first to last word...especially the last word.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you could see fluorescent pink better than orange anyway. I really don’t see why this triggers some of you so bad.

I think it is one of those “straw that broke the camel’s back” type of things after a long list of potential triggers. Probably didn’t help I read about this on a Monday either. You guys are right - hot pink/blaze orange - both quite visible and in the grand scheme of things means nothing. I guess it just leaves me scratching my head asking questions like, "Really? Why? and Why now after all this time?"

However, once I see a list of all of the legislative topics that are to be discussed, I may decide this is the most logical of them all - for real.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79