Bill being introduced to allow Pink

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your kid needs to wear a certain color to get excited for hunting, prob need to look into a different hobby for em. :gotone:

man in the box

Founding Member
Founding Member
k

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit. Here I though you guys were having a mild winter down there. Gonna have to start adding *TRIGGER WARNING* to all thread titles. When politicians are spending their time on laws like this, it means they’re not spending their time trying to find more ways to steal my money. I told my wife about this law and she said “that’s cool, hopefully it gets more young girls hunting.” People with small kids should be well aware of the added level of excitement a kid has if they get to wear their special vest or bring their special toy. I recently had a daughter and I’m glad there may be one more reason to get her excited about joining me (even though my current state doesn’t require hi vis).

Also, for women that get out and hike while hunting, finding hunting-specific clothes that fit them is a real problem.

Spot on. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed and for all the "tough' guys saying my girl won't wear pink or choose a different sport is ridiculous. My daughter grew up hunting with me every chance she had and she still does with other outdoors people as well. If she didn't want to go hunting because the blaze orange didn't fit correctly, she would have been left out of life long hunting experiences. Everybody always says we need to get the youth into hunting more to save the future of hunting should be willing to go along with this minor additional color change.

Now it has been brought up that it is a money grab by someone, that would be wrong...although I wouldn't put it past some legislature to get a kick back somehow.

Also, as "luvcatchingbass" mentions, there are people that are colorblind like me and anyone wearing red in a grouping of trees would be lost on me. Also like the guy he worked with I'm usually on the struggle bus as well, so there's that.

Last edited:

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If your kid needs to wear a certain color to get excited for hunting, prob need to look into a different hobby for em. :gotone:

My 7 year old daughter's favorite color is blaze orange BECAUSE of hunting. My 4 year old puts her hunting vest on over her jammies every night.
My 9 year old wrote about shooting her first turkey for about 5 papers in a row for school while we were stuck at home in quarantine.
She included the parts about getting up way too early and her feet getting cold...and how it was all worth it.

I'm either doing something really right on how I've introduced them to hunting or I'm just damn lucky, but I don't remember the topic of the color pink EVER coming up with any of them.

I've spent too much time on this thread already. I'm taking my TRIGGERED ass to a different topic now. :)

Last edited:

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bigger concern is that the bill also contains language for the allowance of camouflage orange and camouflage pink, both of which are harder to see than plain, unbroken orange or pink. That wording needs to be changed to keep things safer and more visible in the field, I can't support the bill with the camouflage option.

fishhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bigger concern is that the bill also contains language for the allowance of camouflage orange and camouflage pink, both of which are harder to see than plain, unbroken orange or pink. That wording needs to be changed to keep things safer and more visible in the field, I can't support the bill with the camouflage option.

seriously? WY requires 1 blaze garment, that can be a hat, in Mountains, sorry but you can see an orange or pink hat a long ways. No reason camo/blaze isn’t allowed either. Most other states with a hell of a lot more “cover” also allow that and with thousands more hunters see no more “risk”. Knowing your target before shooting is more important than being visible.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
seriously? WY requires 1 blaze garment, that can be a hat, in Mountains, sorry but you can see an orange or pink hat a long ways. No reason camo/blaze isn’t allowed either. Most other states with a hell of a lot more “cover” also allow that and with thousands more hunters see no more “risk”. Knowing your target before shooting is more important than being visible.

If your buddy is wearing camo orange and there's not enough for you to pick him out (EASILY!) as he's walking a draw out in the Badlands at 800 yds, then he just isn't visible enough. I mean, I get it...there's hi-vis orange one can pick out with just a hat on their head, but I've also seen people wearing the legal minimum that threw on a tan backpack and reduced their visibility to me at a great distance which had me concerned for their safety.

I am not sure why anyone would want to be inconspicuous during deer rifle season in ND/MN/SD etc. I have literally sat on a hillside in a very bright orange jacket along side my ex who was in full orange coveralls and as long as we sat still, the deer came right up to about 40 ft from us. They are truly color blind and only movement will screw it up. Well, so will washing things in modern detergent. One should use the non-color enhancing stuff. That shit is like putting a flashlight on your head.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used blaze camo in MN since at least the mid 80's. No problems seeing it. It pops out at you the in the same way solid blaze does, even at long distances. It is amazing how much people complain about being allowed a little more choice in their lives.

I also remember the Outdoor Life article from the 70's about pink.

Last edited:

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There should be no debate about the color based on who wants to wear it and why. It should be safety and can deer see it. I don't care what color. Here is an article that actually suggest pink is easier to see in the fall (due to orange leaf colors) than orange. Deer shouldn't be able to see since pink is not in a ble, green or ultraviolet spectrum. I say go for it.

https://nelson.wisc.edu/news/issue-brief/deer-blaze-pink-hunting-clothing.php

As far as camo orange. Who cares I where solid and put on a backpack and still am legal?

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the color pink.
But has to be on (in a women):;:exactly

I DO like a pink fletching on my arrows. I see 8t well.

However, if a gal decides to get into hunting because she can wear pink, stay home n make me a sammitch.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not include the Lime/Yellow that has to worn by most highway/construction workers???

Maybe it would slow down the road hunters. Haha

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Orange camo vs solid. Deer can see solid as well providing u don't wash with brightners

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I first heard about this bill, I thought are you kidding me? But honestly I can't find myself caring either way. I have 4 daughters, and I mentioned to them they possibly could wear pink for deer hunting and responses overall were apathetic. Except my youngest. Aspyn loves pink clothes, pink fishing rods, and yes, the HATED pink gun stock. So no doubt I'll be purchasing a pink hunting vest for her.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
This makes no difference to me. I haven't shot any wild game that has been any of those colors.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't lie, some of you fellas were secretly rooting for this so you could FINALLY wear your favorite hunting jacket without having to do so much explaining to your buddies.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79