No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 92
      Given: 168
      If your kid needs to wear a certain color to get excited for hunting, prob need to look into a different hobby for em.

1 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #42
      Silver Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 46
      Given: 24
      k

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wjschmaltz View Post
      Holy shit. Here I though you guys were having a mild winter down there. Gonna have to start adding *TRIGGER WARNING* to all thread titles. When politicians are spending their time on laws like this, it means they’re not spending their time trying to find more ways to steal my money. I told my wife about this law and she said “that’s cool, hopefully it gets more young girls hunting.” People with small kids should be well aware of the added level of excitement a kid has if they get to wear their special vest or bring their special toy. I recently had a daughter and I’m glad there may be one more reason to get her excited about joining me (even though my current state doesn’t require hi vis).

Also, for women that get out and hike while hunting, finding hunting-specific clothes that fit them is a real problem.
      Spot on. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed and for all the "tough' guys saying my girl won't wear pink or choose a different sport is ridiculous. My daughter grew up hunting with me every chance she had and she still does with other outdoors people as well. If she didn't want to go hunting because the blaze orange didn't fit correctly, she would have been left out of life long hunting experiences. Everybody always says we need to get the youth into hunting more to save the future of hunting should be willing to go along with this minor additional color change.

Now it has been brought up that it is a money grab by someone, that would be wrong...although I wouldn't put it past some legislature to get a kick back somehow.

Also, as "luvcatchingbass" mentions, there are people that are colorblind like me and anyone wearing red in a grouping of trees would be lost on me. Also like the guy he worked with I'm usually on the struggle bus as well, so there's that.

0 Not allowed!
      Last edited by man in the box; 01-13-2021 at 11:05 AM.

3. Back To Top    #43
      Premium Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,749
      Given: 391
      Quote Originally Posted by feather_duster View Post
      If your kid needs to wear a certain color to get excited for hunting, prob need to look into a different hobby for em.

My 7 year old daughter's favorite color is blaze orange BECAUSE of hunting. My 4 year old puts her hunting vest on over her jammies every night.
      My 9 year old wrote about shooting her first turkey for about 5 papers in a row for school while we were stuck at home in quarantine.
      She included the parts about getting up way too early and her feet getting cold...and how it was all worth it.

I'm either doing something really right on how I've introduced them to hunting or I'm just damn lucky, but I don't remember the topic of the color pink EVER coming up with any of them.

I've spent too much time on this thread already. I'm taking my TRIGGERED ass to a different topic now.

5 Not allowed!
      Last edited by Dirty; 01-13-2021 at 01:24 PM.

4. Back To Top    #44
      Gold Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 288
      Given: 126
      Classifieds
      The bigger concern is that the bill also contains language for the allowance of camouflage orange and camouflage pink, both of which are harder to see than plain, unbroken orange or pink. That wording needs to be changed to keep things safer and more visible in the field, I can't support the bill with the camouflage option.

0 Not allowed!

5. Back To Top    #45
      Bronze Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 47
      Given: 1
      Quote Originally Posted by njsimonson View Post
      The bigger concern is that the bill also contains language for the allowance of camouflage orange and camouflage pink, both of which are harder to see than plain, unbroken orange or pink. That wording needs to be changed to keep things safer and more visible in the field, I can't support the bill with the camouflage option.
      seriously? WY requires 1 blaze garment, that can be a hat, in Mountains, sorry but you can see an orange or pink hat a long ways. No reason camo/blaze isn’t allowed either. Most other states with a hell of a lot more “cover” also allow that and with thousands more hunters see no more “risk”. Knowing your target before shooting is more important than being visible.

0 Not allowed!

6. Back To Top    #46
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,210
      Given: 1,637
      Quote Originally Posted by fishhunter View Post
      seriously? WY requires 1 blaze garment, that can be a hat, in Mountains, sorry but you can see an orange or pink hat a long ways. No reason camo/blaze isn’t allowed either. Most other states with a hell of a lot more “cover” also allow that and with thousands more hunters see no more “risk”. Knowing your target before shooting is more important than being visible.
      If your buddy is wearing camo orange and there's not enough for you to pick him out (EASILY!) as he's walking a draw out in the Badlands at 800 yds, then he just isn't visible enough. I mean, I get it...there's hi-vis orange one can pick out with just a hat on their head, but I've also seen people wearing the legal minimum that threw on a tan backpack and reduced their visibility to me at a great distance which had me concerned for their safety.

I am not sure why anyone would want to be inconspicuous during deer rifle season in ND/MN/SD etc. I have literally sat on a hillside in a very bright orange jacket along side my ex who was in full orange coveralls and as long as we sat still, the deer came right up to about 40 ft from us. They are truly color blind and only movement will screw it up. Well, so will washing things in modern detergent. One should use the non-color enhancing stuff. That shit is like putting a flashlight on your head.

0 Not allowed!
      "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

7. Back To Top    #47
      VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,554
      Given: 1,796
      I used blaze camo in MN since at least the mid 80's. No problems seeing it. It pops out at you the in the same way solid blaze does, even at long distances. It is amazing how much people complain about being allowed a little more choice in their lives.

I also remember the Outdoor Life article from the 70's about pink.

0 Not allowed!
      Last edited by Reprobait; 01-14-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123