• Yes end daylight savings time

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • No - keep it I like late summer sunsets

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont know about youall - but i look forward to the clocks being set forward and enjoying that late sunset - plus the sun gets up early enough the way it is.

In the peak of summer the sun is getting up at a quarter to 5 - in all honesty it barely sets. Even if you work at 6 or 5 for that matter how can you bitch. What is going to happen is the majority will just go to work earlier and the ones that have to deal with customers or remotes will be shit out of luck -- unless if you have east coast clients. Here in the armpit of ND aka little minneapolis - I would swear the majority of the workforce works from 9-3 anyways. Nobody works early or late - its amazing - no wonder the county was blue during the election.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to see an end to it - but only if done nationally. Being a different time than surrounding states in the central time zone would blow.

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id rather stay on DST which is what I think the national push is. I don't need the sun to rise at 4am in the summer, id rather have more sun in the evenings year around.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Id rather stay on DST which is what I think the national push is. I don't need the sun to rise at 4am in the summer, id rather have more sun in the evenings year around.

bingo. Make dst the standard and leave it.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
I dont know about youall - but i look forward to the clocks being set forward and enjoying that late sunset - plus the sun gets up early enough the way it is.

In the peak of summer the sun is getting up at a quarter to 5 - in all honesty it barely sets. Even if you work at 6 or 5 for that matter how can you bitch. What is going to happen is the majority will just go to work earlier and the ones that have to deal with customers or remotes will be shit out of luck -- unless if you have east coast clients. Here in the armpit of ND aka little minneapolis - I would swear the majority of the workforce works from 9-3 anyways. Nobody works early or late - its amazing - no wonder the county was blue during the election.
What's amazing is how you can bring politics into this..

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make DST the standard. Move another hr ahead Nov 1 so we can have at least a bit of sun in the eve after work.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm indifferent, but the whole state needs to move to central time. 4pm sunset in December and sunrise at 3am in June sucks.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
In 1974 when the USA went on DST in February we lived in Wyoming. School kids that lived on farms and ranches were standing out in pitch dark waiting for the school bus and were being scared by both elk and moose. Quit thinking about yourselves and think about what others will have to put up with. In Wy the schools just started an hour later which screwed it up for working parents that had to get their kids to school!

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
In 1974 when the USA went on DST in February we lived in Wyoming. School kids that lived on farms and ranches were standing out in pitch dark waiting for the school bus and were being scared by both elk and moose. Quit thinking about yourselves and think about what others will have to put up with. In Wy the schools just started an hour later which screwed it up for working parents that had to get their kids to school!

How many kids stand and wait in outside in the middle of no where for the school bus now days? Few if any.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have always heard the national push is to end DST - just like AZ. My question is why

- - - Updated - - -

What's amazing is how you can bring politics into this..

Thats what color somebody painted it on election day:;:deadhorse

- - - Updated - - -

Hey i remember having the reflective tape sewed on my coat ---- schools didnt start later - if they did then why did you have to wait in the dark? Schools started at the same time - hence the reason why we had the reflective tape - i walked to school.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got by with straight time when we were young lads and it sure is nice with straight time down here in AZ.
Just takes some getting used to just like it does when you switch to DST.
Switching back and forth sucks. Pick one and go with it.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amen! X 100

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
What? wait in the dark for what? no school buses when I was a youngen,two miles and a dozen traps to check along the way, during the fall,always had a couple sets with raw bacon for bait in hopes of catching a skunk,that way we would get sprayed and our teacher would send us home mid winter break ice along a creek wilst walking to school,get soakin wet in order to get sent home.good old days

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
without it, the sun wouldn't rise til nearly 9:30 at the latest i think. sure, you would get maybe a half hour of daylight after work... 5:45ish instead of 4:45ish... on the earliest sunset day. but, that isn't much benefit to me since work doesn't end til 5 or 6 anyway like most people. so, i would rather it stay the same instead of sending kids to school in the absolute pitch dark. i realize at 8:00 AM when the sun doesn't rise til 8:30 (if we changed it) its still technically dark. but, at least its not pitch black out. a kid going to school anywhere from 8 to 830 AM when the sun doesn't rise until 9:30 is doing so in the pitch dark. might seem like a miniscule argument to some. but, it is one i've always gone back to. i walked nearly a mile to school 75% of my grade school life and a half a mile in junior high til i got my license. i know its a rarity these days. but, it still happens. i drop my kids off at school every morning and see at least a handful of kids each day walking to school and some appear to be doing so from quite a ways away. and no effing way i want to see the sun up at 4:30 AM in the summer if it stayed like it is now. so, i still support the falling back and springing forward.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey i remember having the reflective tape sewed on my coat ---- schools didnt start later - if they did then why did you have to wait in the dark? Schools started at the same time - hence the reason why we had the reflective tape - i walked to school.

Up hill both ways, no less!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
School bus stops at the bottom of my driveway everyday. Sunrise is at 10:02 AM today. Kids have been down there waiting in the dark since October and still have over a month to go. I imagine more rural kids wait longer. To my knowledge, no one has been eaten by a moose yet this year. I can’t 100% confirm the statistics on child-eating ungulates previous years but my suspicion is that everyone survived.

This is a topic I’ve never had a strong feeling about but I can understand why some do. I’ll plan my day accordingly if needed.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76