• Yes end daylight savings time

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • No - keep it I like late summer sunsets

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
In 1974 when the USA went on DST in February we lived in Wyoming. School kids that lived on farms and ranches were standing out in pitch dark waiting for the school bus and were being scared by both elk and moose. Quit thinking about yourselves and think about what others will have to put up with. In Wy the schools just started an hour later which screwed it up for working parents that had to get their kids to school!

GTFOH! Being scared of the dark in the mornings. MOOSE and ELK. Ranch kids scared. The biggest pile of BS I've smelled since politics.

Anyone who doesn't want more light in the evening, AFTER WORK, is INSANE and go somewhere and die.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
GTFOH! Being scared of the dark in the mornings. MOOSE and ELK. Ranch kids scared. The biggest pile of BS I've smelled since politics.

Anyone who doesn't want more light in the evening, AFTER WORK, is INSANE and go somewhere and die.

So are you saying what I saw happen in Feb/Mar in SW Wyoming didn't happen. You're saying that schools didn't move their morning starts forward 1 hour. Where were you during that time to refute what I saw?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
So are you saying what I saw happen in Feb/Mar in SW Wyoming didn't happen. You're saying that schools didn't move their morning starts forward 1 hour. Where were you during that time to refute what I saw?

???? I was around in 74 walking to school in the dark. My school did not start one hour later ---- what am I missing --- if the school in WY started one hour later in 74 then in reality it started light wise the same time as it did any other year when time switched DST.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
???? I was around in 74 walking to school in the dark. My school did not start one hour later ---- what am I missing --- if the school in WY started one hour later in 74 then in reality it started light wise the same time as it did any other year when time switched DST.

The schools changed the start time because of what the kids were experiencing and what they were experiencing was not "walking to school." It was waiting out in the country at the end of their driveways for the school bus to pick them up. School kids from grades 1 - 12. If you have lived in SW WY you know that the ranches are not close together, so some (young) kids were all alone at first until everyone could see what was happening. They were not walking to school under street lights.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The schools changed the start time because of what the kids were experiencing and what they were experiencing was not "walking to school." It was waiting out in the country at the end of their driveways for the school bus to pick them up. School kids from grades 1 - 12. If you have lived in SW WY you know that the ranches are not close together, so some (young) kids were all alone at first until everyone could see what was happening. They were not walking to school under street lights.

I understand - the schools "changed the time after they realized what was happening".

I am not here to brag up my walking - I remember many parents were concerned that somebody was going to get hit in the dark hence the reflective tape.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love me the Mountain time zone, makes me feel mountainous.

As far as turning clocks back and forth, really no issue there either. I do my best work in the dark

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm saying id like to see more daylight after work. All ready proven that it SAVES energy. That's why it was part on energy bill to push dates back to EXTEND DST. If them schools don't like it have them start later, the rest of the country wants to have some daylight OFF HOURS

- - - Updated - - -

Kids these days don't walk to school anyway.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74