snowblower wires

sdtransplant

Established Member
my damn dog decided to see if he liked plastic and copper wire and chewed the wires off the starter . I can splice the starter wires but there is three wires (2 red 1 yellow) that come up from by the pull rope that I have no clue to what or where they go or do. it's a craftsman probably 10 years old. was hoping someone in NDA land could help me out by looking to see where they go if they have one ,nearest dealer 100 mls away. thanks

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
my damn dog decided to see if he liked plastic and copper wire and chewed the wires off the starter . I can splice the starter wires but there is three wires (2 red 1 yellow) that come up from by the pull rope that I have no clue to what or where they go or do. it's a craftsman probably 10 years old. was hoping someone in NDA land could help me out by looking to see where they go if they have one ,nearest dealer 100 mls away. thanks

Wow. Post a pic if you can. Are you sure there isn’t a white/black line or indicator color difference in the wiring to differentiate the wiring? If it was me, i would call the company if you’re mechanically inclined to identify/test wires to re-establish the right connections.

Does your model have a 110/120V plug in starter?

- - - Updated - - -

If yes, You could guess on the proper connections leaving out the 110/120V plug in and see if it will fire up with the pull start. Swap the connections and try to repeat the process and see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, where did the wire disconnect occur? Again, pics would help. Good luck

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My guess is the two reds don't matter which one is wired to which as long as they're the same gauge.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
The plug-in receptacle/starter button and the starter itself should be a single unit all on their own...I don't see where there would be any connection to the wires coming from the snowblower itself.

starter.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wires unrelated to the starter could be:

On/Off kill line/switch (Most likely)
Head Light/s (2nd most likely)
Handwarmer
Electric chute adjustment

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me guess. Lab puppy? Our lab we had growing up chewed a fishing rod in half and some how unscrewed the reel handle and ate it. That was the same time he decide to de-carpet the breezeway. I thought my dad was going to end him that day. Ha ha

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Three things in life you should never tolerate. A cheating wife, a dog that chews shit other than his toys, and Democrats. Should be allowed to shoot all three.

Last edited:

sdtransplant

Established Member
He's part border collie part American staffordshire terrier or as my dad would have said heinze 57 ,he's got a load of chew toys. If I hadn't got him for grand daughter he would have learned to count starting at 45. He's very protective of her already, and a good watch mutt. Ordered a starter will go from there, thanks for the help.

★ Legendary Member
Can't help with the wires, but recommend you only put premium in it after its fixed.....just ask espringers ;:;rofl

sdtransplant

Established Member
Update ; had to buy a new starter, he even chewed the start button off , got a new one online for 1/2 off what local part store wanted . The three wires i was wondering about cap them off separate , no go ,needed to tie two red together, just in time 7-10 inches snow last nite with more to come.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep sure glad I use premium, I haven't had to fire it up once this year. Put premium in it when I took it out of shed, and haven't need it yet.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update ; had to buy a new starter, he even chewed the start button off , got a new one online for 1/2 off what local part store wanted . The three wires i was wondering about cap them off separate , no go ,needed to tie two red together, just in time 7-10 inches snow last nite with more to come.

The two reds must be safety interlock - won’t start unless they’re in contact (i. neutral, blower not engaged, etc.)

sdtransplant

Established Member
Yea I learned the hard way on the not using premium too, had to have carb on 4=wheeler cleaned. Now nothing but premium with a little sea foam for extra protection

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74