Odd weather

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fail to see what is odd about ND weather going from one extreme to another, that's just how we roll.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First District Health?

Nope...Air Force Base Med Group.

- - - Updated - - -

I fail to see what is odd about ND weather going from one extreme to another, that's just how we roll.

I do agree Allen...however I will say it was a bit odd walking out of the office yesterday afternoon in pouring rain and smells that remind me of spring.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man....old mobile homes with tin roofs are the shits in high winds...fudge...sick of hearing my roof pop every time the wind gust, its like listening to someone squeezing a pop can over and over again, you know..making that popping sound??? On top of that....power goes out about 2:45 am, as windy as it is, my home cools off pretty fast........so I get up and light the ole kerosene lamp. Power finally comes back on around 4:45 am...just glad its not a blizzard the wind is bad enough. Side note: time for a new home.

Last edited:

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good for you. Hopefully you survive it. Hasn’t been going well for some people.

Not sure where you are getting your info...CNN (Communist News Network) perhaps. ;:;rofl Just kidding!!! I think there have been a total of 3 people in North Dakota who have had an adverse reaction to the vaccine. And not of them were hospitalized. They keep Epinephrine doses at all sites that are providing the vaccines. People have reactions even with the seasonal flu shot, TDAP, shingles shot, etc...! I'm scheduled to get my Pfizer COVID shot tomorrow even though I had it a couple months ago.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man....old mobile homes with tin roofs are the shits in high winds...fudge...sick of hearing my roof pop every time the wind gust, its like listening to someone squeezing a pop can over and over again, you know..making that popping sound??? On top of that....power goes out about 2:45 am, as windy as it is, my home cools off pretty fast........so I get up and light the ole kerosene lamp. Power finally comes back on around 4:45 am...just glad its not a blizzard the wind is bad enough. Side note: time for a new home.

I lived in a trailer home in Rock Springs, WY in the early '70s. The winds were terrible. ALL trailer parks were laid out with the trailer homes long ways east to west, all of ours were tied down on all 4 corners with hurricane tie-downs screwed into the ground and then old tires were placed on the roof to stop the flexing of the metal roofs in high winds.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I lived in a trailer home in Rock Springs, WY in the early '70s. The winds were terrible. ALL trailer parks were laid out with the trailer homes long ways east to west, all of ours were tied down on all 4 corners with hurricane tie-downs screwed into the ground and then old tires were placed on the roof to stop the flexing of the metal roofs in high winds.

Yup, thats the trick most people with the metal roofs do, put the tires up there....lol....looks awfully redneck, works to a point I guess.
The good thing is, we don't have shingles, those that have shingled roof gonna have a heartache today seeing their shingles ripped off already seen some damage...93 mph winds will do that.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
one of NDA’s member’s wife had the roof ripped of the horse trailer in SD yesterday - going down the road w critters on board

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dumpster sized garbage can was half a block away this morning, I looked out the window and laughed when I saw it laying in the street a good 75 yards away, and said look honey some clowns garbage can is out in the middle of the road...I was that clown..

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet a creedmoor could cut this wind easy.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not sure where you are getting your info...CNN (Communist News Network) perhaps. ;:;rofl Just kidding!!! I think there have been a total of 3 people in North Dakota who have had an adverse reaction to the vaccine. And not of them were hospitalized. They keep Epinephrine doses at all sites that are providing the vaccines. People have reactions even with the seasonal flu shot, TDAP, shingles shot, etc...! I'm scheduled to get my Pfizer COVID shot tomorrow even though I had it a couple months ago.
Trust a guy named Bacon on the internet or ask a professional’s opinion???? Tough decision

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trust a guy named Bacon on the internet or ask a professional’s opinion???? Tough decision
I would go with the guy named Bacon personally.

Had an expert tell me we needed to quarantine an entire American society for 2 weeks to flatten the curve, well its been 300+days of curve flattening.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Well pretty much every fence in my neighborhood is toast , luckily I don't have one , One Schlubba down the street will probably look at his around Memorial Day

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A37FB20D-837F-490D-9183-39AE28404B4F.jpeg
Why is nobody ice fishing on Sakakawea today?

I'll bet that some fish houses on Audobon relocated during the night with this wind to the east side.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its a shit show on all over up in that area -- i see on FB castles blowing all over the place and in standing water, in a pressure ridge.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Van Hook is wide open again from Gull Island south as far as you can see. Big areas have also opened again around the New Town Bridge.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Please be careful out there gents if you go out this weekend. Looks like temps gonna fall next week, but check ice as you go...as always!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the Six Mile Corner's Facebook page is a video of Centennial Bay. They were ice fishing it yesterday and today you can put a boat in there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76