Odd weather

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How would you like to pass shoot ducks in this wind. I bet teal could almost hit the sound b.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched a few geese fly past my house. They were going faster than they wanted to.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talk of the town of lemon being evacuated from a fire out there

Sounds like Hwy 12 is closed to Hettinger and 73 to Summerville. They're saying everyone south and east of Lemmon prepare to evacuate. Town is fine according to what I read on FB. Some pretty wild pictures out there, just glowing to the west/northwest. How fast can a prairie fire burn in 50 mph winds? It'll be at Faith by morning with these crazy winds!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
that sucks :(

what a horrible thing to have happen - all your belongings burned up with little to no warning

ugh

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
cant imagine how dry it is in sd, too bad they didnt get the rain dvl got last night.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blind 1.jpgWe had a fun 24 hours with the wind. Wife and friend were coming back from Sturgis with a horse and mule after Vet visit. North of Buffalo they encountered 90+ crosswind and wifes horse trailer roof ripped off. The limped it back home but it was a long slow drive. Next morning we found our elevated blind we built last summer totaled out on our property. 3 of the 6 4x4s had snapped. Both earth anchors pulled out also. We had 80 mph wind gusts last summer and the blind, without anchors held at that time. I'd guess we were 95+ for a gust to do that. Our new built pole barn handled it like a champ overall. Trailer 1.JPG
Trailer 2.JPG

Blind 2.jpg
Blind 3.jpg

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
SUCK!!

Does insurance cover the blind?

Working on it now. My local insurance gal is doing her best to get something out of it. Since the blind wasn't "officially" completed yet, she said it possibly be covered, but we will see. I have about $1500 in materials total into it, and that was before the spike in lumber prices. Probably have another 40 hours into the build.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Taylorman55, Sorry to see what happened to your elevated blind. That really sucks the big time. For what they want these days for a fiberglass or plastic blind, I think I can build one for 1/2 the price. What a guy saves goes into boat fuel, bait and of course beer. I hate to say this, but I would be very surprised if your insurance covers it. What coverage would it fall under? No pun intended!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
For all you dolts that wished for colder weather :mad:.......................I hope your car won't start. ;:;rofl Hell its 30 degrees warmer in me freezer then it is outside this morning.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well since the cold weather gets me on the ice SAFELY yeah small price to pay for my LIFE!! BTW we missed out on any Below Zero temps here in the way south. But I think I should be good to get to the channel break now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75