Strikemaster 40 volt mount

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody mounted the auger to there ATV or snowmobile? Have a Digger auger carrier and not sure how i should place the little motor head bracket on the carrier as it appears that it wouldn't be supporting the head much. Not that much of an issue maybe?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I do not have the motor support mounted on mine and haven’t had any issues yet, BUT before I go to Lake Winnipeg again I will have to figure something out because that motor bouncing around can’t be good for any of the gears or bearings. I guess it all depends how much of a beating you are going to put it through.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been eye balling this unit,however the LL8 is on national recall,you guyz have any issues?,mild winter so far but curious on torq going through 30+ inches of ice,the ion sucked.but was okay early ice under 12"s

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Support the head, and you'll be fine. Buddy hauls his in his snowmobile hundreds of miles. He's been running it for the last 2 years with no issues.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been eye balling this unit,however the LL8 is on national recall,you guyz have any issues?,mild winter so far but curious on torq going through 30+ inches of ice,the ion sucked.but was okay early ice under 12"s

You say the Ion sucks. I have cut thru 30 inches of ice many many times with my Ion and never a problem.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You say the Ion sucks. I have cut thru 30 inches of ice many many times with my Ion and never a problem.

maybe minnesota ice is harder? naw coming off my gas powered lazer I meant,I was on lake michigan when the ion was just coming out ,we had 40+"s of ice,had to stop twice to scoop out the tailings,not a big deal at all,glad your happ happy with yours...Like the idea of a quiet auger,hoping the strikemaster 40 will be better than the ion we had on that outting.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

The SM 40v will rip your arms out of socket before it would stop. I've ran a 10" bit with extension. Just hang on! I also used an ION with an 8" bit and extension. It did just OK IMO. Felt underpowered for the most part. You really had to baby it and remove shavings often. This was the standard ION. I have no experience with the ION X or whatever the latest models may be.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The SM 40v will rip your arms out of socket before it would stop. I've ran a 10" bit with extension. Just hang on! I also used an ION with an 8" bit and extension. It did just OK IMO. Felt underpowered for the most part. You really had to baby it and remove shavings often. This was the standard ION. I have no experience with the ION X or whatever the latest models may be.

Hey capt was the 10'er the 50v they advertise?,I have no need for a 10" auger just curious about the power,I don't have the ching ching like you to purchase a live scope plus we move constantly which is a chore with garmin LS to keep on fish so 50 -100 holes drilled is the norm unless we have clear ice to shoot through with our vex's.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey capt was the 10'er the 50v they advertise?,I have no need for a 10" auger just curious about the power,I don't have the ching ching like you to purchase a live scope plus we move constantly which is a chore with garmin LS to keep on fish so 50 -100 holes drilled is the norm unless we have clear ice to shoot through with our vex's.

No, it was the 40v Strikemaster. The 50v they first introduced had some issues. My 40v is my dedicated 10” bit turner because it is a torque machine. It will spin an 8” in thick ice with ease.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Support the head, and you'll be fine. Buddy hauls his in his snowmobile hundreds of miles. He's been running it for the last 2 years with no issues.

I think his issue is that the head mount that is included with the digger carrier cannot be mounted in a way that actually supports the strikemaster 40v head unit. He will have to let it ride without or find a way to make the mount work with modifications.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77