New From Japan

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
More efficient 7/30 magnum?...We used to do this shit here. Compare the '06 to everything else in WWII...The 30/06 is not the clap.

- - - Updated - - -

Will any of these "wildcats" ever truly surpass what's in millions of gun cabinets? No. Unless they choke supply. That would be a bad deal for all concerned.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What makes this even funner is people who don’t realize the .270 and 6.8 are the same caliber. Seems they are twisting the bbl right on this one for heavy long bullets.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got rid of my -06 because I liked my .270-6.8 western so much better. Even if it is a savage

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 6.8 Western might just Ross Perot the 270WSM ammo supply and essentially kill them both. It's doubtful that they'll offer a 7MM Western given that there's been a 7STW (Shooting Times Westerner) commercially available for ~25yrs. Probably won't 6.5 it as the PRC kinda has that niche. They could 30/32/338, but there's not enough room in the mag box for the .600+ BC 30/32/338's.

If they're smart, they neck it to .243, 1:7, and top it with Hornady A-tips. Call it the Western Wolf-Smoker, 6mm Super Coyote, .24 Steel Challenge Special.

Nope, I got it now: 6MMx1K. Market that sucker as a 1K yd turnkey solution.

Also, I take issue with the "New from Japan". If we're going to dig on non-domestic production, let's get it right. It'd be "New from Belgium".

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
New from Belgium".
Didnt they leaveBelgium for Japan years ago?

No need to worry abot new cartridges. China Joe he say no more multiple cartridge assult weapons of war, only 60 inch barrel smooth bore flint rock legal. No need kill Bambi either, eat your flied lice and toffu.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

No need to worry abot new cartridges. China Joe he say no more multiple cartridge assult weapons of war, only 60 inch barrel smooth bore flint rock legal. No need kill Bambi either, eat your flied lice and toffu.

Browning and Winchester are both owned by FN. FN will be Belgian until there is no more Belgium.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member

I liked this place better when GST would put your dumb ass in its place every once in awhile.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I won a rifle in it I wouldn't complain or if I was starting out it would intrigue me a little more. Beings I have a 6.5-284 that I will be going to 140gr bullets on and a 7mm Rem Mag that might be staying at 168gr bullets the only gap that I would fill is the caliber.
Now something like a .460 S&W Mag might be interesting just because.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Browning and Winchester are both owned by FN. FN will be Belgian until there is no more Belgium.
They bounce around so much it's hard to keep track. Sort of like Gerber knives.

I liked this place better when GST would put your dumb ass in its place every once in awhile.​
We don't need GST we have you old hen tripple puc-puc-puc.;)

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
What makes this even funner is people who don’t realize the .270 and 6.8 are the same caliber. Seems they are twisting the bbl right on this one for heavy long bullets.

I think it’s funny how you think you are more knowledgeable than most regarding ballistics, calibers, and elk.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If any of the FN/Win/Browning folks check in here, I'm telling you:

6MM-1K

Winner.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I liked this place better when GST would put your dumb ass in its place every once in awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it’s funny how you think you are more knowledgeable than most regarding ballistics, calibers, and elk.

Why is everyone so cunty today? I blame Biden.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is everyone so cunty today?

Because FN/Win/Browning hasn't announced the 6MM-1K yet.

Think how happy everyone would be with a ~3400fps .6+BC 6mm projectile.

Who give a rip if it burns barrels. Those who don't know how to remedy that will buy a new rifle. Those who do will source a new bbl and accompanying threading/chamber work from their favorite 'Smith.

They need to HURRY lest someone commercialize a 6PRC and beat them to the punch.

Win could dig the Laredo platform out of the closet re-launch same as a short-action with a 3.1" mag box. Dump them in a McMillan given that McM has a new owner that I'm certain would love to run multiple-hundred of the same stock to boost sales @ a lower cost.

Browning could stuff a 1:7 .243 bbl onto their Hells Canyon platform.

The folks in Belgium could take a boat ride to Finland, and have Lapua develop a new projectile, produce the brass hull and load it with Belgium-produced Ramshot Magnum or LRT.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
6PRC would probably be a better round. Hornady knows what they're doing.

Bite your tongue!!

6mm-1K!!

On a side-note. If availability hadn't gone into the crapper, I was seriously contemplating turning my 7WSM M70 into a 6PRC.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Takeaways from the video:

- it’s a 270 WSM with a slightly shorter case for longer bullets, paired with new rifles that will have a faster twist (7.5, 8) from factory.
- Ron teased that it will be a “horse race” between the 6.8 Western and 6.5 PRC
- that recoil tho... cringe

B207A385-5E5B-44E9-BE95-D8683C9B4DDF.jpg
9106CE20-C194-48BB-BFB2-8788AB9DFAF0.jpeg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105