Colt Clark and the quarantine kids

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never get tired of amateur music, I ran across this family on YouTube and thought they were worth sharing. A few weeks after the shelter-in-place order went into affect they had a lot of extra time on their hands so they started playing music as a family to take their mind off it and posted some songs on YouTube. They already have something like 37,000,000 views . The dad is a pretty good singer, and it looks like the kids enjoy the new family hobby.

Sina the drummer is grown up and still doing her thing with virtual music.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Now if that does not make you smile, nothing would.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
:):):):):) So much better than the kids setting on the couch wearing their thumbs out.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've watched most of their videos. They do a great job.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know from experience what the value of YouTube clicks are worth ? my research online was real vague, 1 million views = between $2,000 and $40,000.

Sina has 431,806,521 views , She posted a video a couple hours ago and has 11,000 views on it . The Clarks just started posting 8 months ago and have 37,312,040 views . Just trying to get a general estimate of how much they get paid for sharing their talent. YouTube is a nice gig for someone that would rather stay home and perform barefoot VS travel the world and spend profit trying to make money the hard way.

I pretty much watched some of these kids grow up on you tube and my question was why hasn't a band or manager found them. I think I found the answer when I finally noticed how many youtube clicks they are getting .

I watched most of the Clark's videos and looking foreword to a new one every other day. Fun to see them making a good living as a family at something fun. Enjoy them when they are kids because when they grow up in the music industry things sometimes change.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the sina drums artist connected to this family of artists?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the sina drums artist connected to this family of artists?

No. Sina was the first that I thought was good quite a few years ago so I subscribed then I found the Clark family and subscribed to them too. No connection, I'm sure there's more just as good if not better so the search continues.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found this blurb on Sina's webpage, guess the youtube things has some complications.

Some people think that YouTube pays me a lot of money because my channel has many views and subscribers, but unfortunately, most of those views refer to my drum covers of copyrighted material.

The advert money generated by those views goes straight to the copyright holders, so my YouTube income is quite small. In fact, my Patrons and Supporters keep this channel going. They help me to make a living playing music.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
That makes sense , I never tied that into the equation. If it seems too good to be true is usually is.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74