Electrc vehicles~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess if that’s what that means. We use alternators fo charge batteries in regular vehicles why can’t they do essentially the same thing with electric. You wouldn’t be able to keep it fully charged or anything but you would greatly extend your total miles on a charge. And maybe they already do this I don’t know. I would think it could easily be done with hybrids, when your running on the gas engine you could be charging batteries

Agreed eye,this chevy bolt charges the battery with regenernative braking I posted above but works best in city traffic,stop n go charges the battery,nothing happening on hiways tho but these are city cars right now for best results is my take. curious if we'll see a electric truck with a snow plow or pulling a good sized boat.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I say let all these Super Green Idea people walk or swim or better yet find a tall building, jump and flap their arms. LB

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Road hunting in a silent vehicle with a suppressed weapon, the future of ND hunting!

From my experience growing up road hunting, you'd still NEVER sneak up on a crow on the power/phone line!

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
3-5 mins to fully charge a battery? Holy sheep shit. Screw gasoline. Lol.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The good thing is if the battery takes a crap it’s only $15000 to replace.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Any electrical engineers here? Why can’t they have a generator/charger tied to the drive train that would charge the batteries as you go down the road.
This comment reminds be of the meme of the electric car with a gas generator strapped to its roof.......

- - - Updated - - -

The good thing is if the battery takes a crap it’s only $15000 to replace.
True but the Tesla batteries last for 300,000 to 500,000 miles, essentially lasting as long as the rest of the vehicle. Electric cars may cost more but last twice as long with less maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess if that’s what that means. We use alternators fo charge batteries in regular vehicles why can’t they do essentially the same thing with electric. You wouldn’t be able to keep it fully charged or anything but you would greatly extend your total miles on a charge. And maybe they already do this I don’t know. I would think it could easily be done with hybrids, when your running on the gas engine you could be charging batteries
This concept is how hybrids works. Instead of brakes being used to stop the car, the generator onboard charges the batteries as it stops the car. Hence why hybrids have better advantages with city driving than on the highway.

This concept cannot work on electric cars unless you can break the laws of physics.....

- - - Updated - - -

This copy and paste is full of BS, do you really think they pay 10 times more for a kwh in Canada than we do here? We pay around $0.10 per kwh here in the ND.

Disclaimer.. I am not pro electric vehicles but I hate it when people regurgitate false info to prove their point.
I agree. Either that math is outdated and/ or it is simply false claims. I don’t know why he uses the worst electric car in his example. Electric cars are cheaper to operate if you look up the research. But one big issue that is brought up is how electric cars essentially avoid paying road taxes. This issue is why California has instituted a tax on electric vehicles to help make up for the gas taxes heh are not paying. With that said I’m not going out to buy one anytime soon.

Founding Member
Founding Member
This commercial sure makes me want a hummer..
:thatswhatsup::thatswhatsup:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Would Tesla even have a vehicle with 300,00-500,000 miles on it?
Yes they have done the testing. It’s all based on charging cycles as that is what determines how long the batteries last. Elon Musk wants the batteries to get to the level of lasting one million miles.

- - - Updated - - -

This commercial sure makes me want a hummer..
:thatswhatsup::thatswhatsup:

Nice truck but not sure how the math works out on that one.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha. I beg to differ. In temperate weather, I'm happy as a clam. But I suffer mightily when it's over 90. Worse, I'd say, than when it's 25 degrees.

I meant regarding batteries. I loathe tropical heat as well.

It was also a Wags jab - he has to deal with tropical heat.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many hours will the Tesla batteries power a Livescope or how many inches of ice is one charge good for?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see certain applications where electric vehicles could be useful. with the mining for the materials to make the battery's, then the disposal of said battery's isn't as environmentally friendly as they make it sound. naturel gas makes way more sense. Im not against electric machines, i have a electric mini bike a juiced camp scrambler i put a couple hundred miles on a year the thing is a blast to ride.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone and their dog has electric ice augers.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thats when you you make sure to bring your gas powered HONDA generator along. :::

There's nothing sarcastic about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my electric vehicle question: Would it not be possible to have three settings: AWD, FWD and RWD? AWD would be for inclement weather while the other two charge the opposite end during normal driving.

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
A similar debate has been waged in the recent past regarding gas vs. electric augers. Now Enslow's comment is spot on. I've heard "I'd never go back to gas" so many times this year.....

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Serious question... whatever happened to the hydrogen fuel cell concept? Google here I come...

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^^How many bbls of oil would be necessary to build such an electric vehicle? What was the Earth's temp during the Jurassic age? How does the GND stop the Earth's natural wobble? If the GND works how is the tipping point calculated to halt an Ice Age and what methods would be employed?

These fucks have no knowledge/interest of history. They crave feudalism.

"Dennis, there's some lovely piles of filth down here!!"

Also, I'm having a hard time contemplating how the heater in such a vehicle wouldn't be a fire hazard. Forced air? How would that affect battery charging/life: Become an expert in switch manipulation?

I suppose one could have a dedicated generator for the magical electric vehicle. How many bbls would be used in manufacture and how many bbls would be consumed after installation?

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Serious question... whatever happened to the hydrogen fuel cell concept? Google here I come...

Not positive but I think that safety issues are holding it back. We need to quit bubble wrapping ourselves and our kids for safety and live life like it's the roaring 20s. NDHP has a goal of zero traffic deaths, Goals need to be realistic.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75