Electrc vehicles~

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blah blah blah Biden is gonna make oil rise and then electric will win more.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
A Prius will go about 3/4Mi on a full charge and it's battery is $6K. It's battery and electric motor is only meant to help you under high power demand conditions like starting from a dead stop, merging onto a highway, etc. The batteries in cars where that's the primary power are much larger and exponentially more expensive.

That's my point.....when you have a car that has a larger battery and is powering the car fully, the costs to replace are going to be way higher. They have to last longer than what the Prius batteries will.

Bottom line with all of this is the environment will be harmed in some way, we just may not see it as much. Lithium mining ain't pretty by any means, but neither is emissions smog to some people. Unfortunately the US is just a small part of the problem.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bottom line with all of this is the environment will be harmed in some way, we just may not see it as much. Lithium mining ain't pretty by any means, but neither is emissions smog to some people. Unfortunately the US is just a small part of the problem.

This ^^ All that is being done is you are trading one problem for the other, always going to be a down side to a resolution. In hindsight, the real issue is our growing population and the necessity to function everyday. We are busting at the seams, yet the crazy loony dems want to let more people into this country and we can't even take care of our own citizens as it is. We are running out of land for agriculture as cities expanding and take up for urban development, we are all seeing it now, see it here in Willy. Always going to be pollution you can only get rid of so much, here's how I look at it...more people=more pollution=more problems, everything creates pollution.
Just like career politicians=corrupt government=they don't give two shits about you and I.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's my point.....when you have a car that has a larger battery and is powering the car fully, the costs to replace are going to be way higher. They have to last longer than what the Prius batteries will.

might as well throw live stock gas/flaturant in to the mix....lord knows on a calm cold night one can see a blue haz over the feedlot during full moon...

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
This ^^ All that is being done is you are trading one problem for the other, always going to be a down side to a resolution. In hindsight, the real issue is our growing population and the necessity to function everyday. We are busting at the seams, yet the crazy loony dems want to let more people into this country and we can't even take care of our own citizens as it is. We are running out of land for agriculture as cities expanding and take up for urban development, we are all seeing it now, see it here in Willy. Always going to be pollution you can only get rid of so much, here's how I look at it...more people=more pollution=more problems, everything creates pollution.
Just like career politicians=corrupt government=they don't give two shits about you and I.

Spot on Mort,few folks will admitt our population explosion,once prarie lands turn to farm land then developments,not sure about europe but austrailia and china nailed it so far two children per family limit.3rd world shithole countries haven't a clue they keep popping out kids,we feed them all is good for them but they follow the food source like stray animals now at our southern border looking for hand outs as refugee's/immigrants,bullshit lock down our borders period.sad deal

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
​Please watch the whole 5 minutes. An eye opener.

https://youtu.be/RqppRC37OgI
Good luck getting the radical left to debate on this issue. Remember they are alway right and have the facts and the rest of us don’t believe in science....... playing devils advocate it is really hard to find anything misleading in that video other than the waste part of it. They are coming up with ways and uses to recycle batteries and the turbine blades but that will use even more energy to perform. The people I have asked where we are going to get more metals such as copper and they tell me recycling ...... 🤦🏻♂️

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
He pops out a lot of numbers in the video. I wonder how accurate they are?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
He pops out a lot of numbers in the video. I wonder how accurate they are?

It can be hard to determine. Simple Google searches come up with wildly different numbers on energy production from wind & solar. I think the environmental concerns brought up are legit. I've seen wind farms go in and the concrete alone is incredible. Add in the dirt work, etc. and the inputs are incredible just to get spot to put them. Lifespan who knows, but we certainly need to know how to get rid of the old stuff in the future.

Comparing those unknown environmental impacts to hydrocarbon emissions today is difficult at best. What is going to be worst long term? I feel batteries alone should be recyclable by then....they'll have to be just because of a shortage of the minerals. But piles and piles of junk turbines and solar panels won't be an easy one to solve.

I feel we will still have a mix. Wind/solar will eventually shoulder the biggest power load with "peaker" style gas power plants always idling to take care of demand issues, be it heat, cold, cloudy weather, or no wind. But no matter I think wind & solar will continue.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets say the change to electric vehicles makes sense. Why would you kill the oil industry before you have the infrastructure and actual vehicles available frikken idiots

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets say the change to electric vehicles makes sense. Why would you kill the oil industry before you have the infrastructure and actual vehicles available frikken idiots

Control, Control, Control!!!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am glad I grew up in the era of the piston engine and the muscle cars of the 60. Love a flat head Ford. Db

Last edited:

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is the rest of the world going to follow the US with this green shit, I think NO

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the rest of the world going to follow the US with this green shit, I think NO

Of course not. That’s why the paris climate accord is such a joke. We regulate ourselves and kill our businesses so china and india and the like keep their status quo

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gm says no more gas or diesel powered engines by 2035.

If I live that long, which I doubt, I'll be 90, ... I don't think I will care what vehicle I'm given a ride in!!! I'll be doin' more polluting than any gas guzzler if I can lean over!!!

Last edited:

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Spot on Mort,few folks will admitt our population explosion,once prarie lands turn to farm land then developments,not sure about europe but austrailia and china nailed it so far two children per family limit.3rd world shithole countries haven't a clue they keep popping out kids,we feed them all is good for them but they follow the food source like stray animals now at our southern border looking for hand outs as refugee's/immigrants,bullshit lock down our borders period.sad deal

Snow, watch out. Your argument here is tiptoeing closer to the environmentalists’ arguments. People have been arguing overpopulation since Malthus (18th Century). Their predictions of worldwide food shortages and overpopulation look past the uniqueness of the human person and his creativity and innovation. They’ve been saying the earth is going to run out of food since the population was a fraction of what it is now. “Trust the science” eh?
As far as the handouts go, yeah there definitely needs to be discussion on what actually helps a society vs what is just making them dependent.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67