Electrc vehicles~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well now that lying biden pulled the keystone pipeline permit,how do you guyz feel about this move?

My line of work revolves around the oil industry,but this will cost us dearly,from retail prices at the pump to 1000's of jobs across the country.

Came across several new car/vehicle lines snooping yesterday,all electric,,haven't done the math but the cost of electricity will sky rocket because of demand...

One new electric vehicle will be called the "Lordstown" its a small pickup much like the honda wanna be pickup,760 hp 300 mile range on one charge,no rating for torq yet,four motors,two on the rear diff two up front(all wheel drive),down side most of the components/vehicles are assembled in china,most of these critters will be out in 22.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if you follow stocks, but there are MANY EV companies out there already. Also, their stocks are soaring..

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is the electricity going to come from to charge these things?? Power plants in this state are going to drop like flys in the next 10 years.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
a. Natural gas will be the number one electric producer
b. The torque on the electric trucks will surpass gas trucks - hence why they keep adding torque to the gas trucks
c. Power at every wheel the way I hear and yes 2022 will be the year.
d. Pricing is comparable when you compare the savings in fuel. Telsa's supposed to go a million miles??? IDK
e. Lordstown bought a obama/bush bailout motor co (gmc) plant

Telsa - the price of the stock is so damn high - overrated never have that kind of earnings. But good ole usa spec high

- - - Updated - - -

None of them will allow me to leave little minne and drive up to willy town in January

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So how do you charge them when you go to a lake 2 hours away ice fishing all day and go to leave and no power??? Seams like a pretty gay move by buck fiden

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
cold kills battery powered vehicles, maybe in florida they would work but not here

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's all doable with trillions of dollars of your money you guys. Have faith in big government. Half the population can't be wrong.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is the electricity going to come from to charge these things?? Power plants in this state are going to drop like flys in the next 10 years.

120v in home charging class 2 homes /businesses upgrade to 240v cuts charging time in half,then a federal charge pass for commerical charging stations popping up nation wide,often found in larger cities and grocery stores,is where I've noticed them,driver purchases a pass like a credit card,pay as you go type deal.I'm sure this is just a start,after all 3 years ago EV had a average of 10 to 30 miles on a charge,today 300 miles,scary part is the damn battery its huge underneath the vehicle floor board bumper to bumper,can't be good is in a major accident like t-boned.

I'm not onboard with these electric vehicles,since they've been trickling out since 2017,a few rough spots like usual with new vehicles,these vehicles take a power hit in the cold and this is a mild temp winter so far,buddy has the new bolt for a grocery getter,claims the car loses 40% of the charge sitting outside in the cold,also these vehicles have regenenrative braking system,(no brake pedal) for stopping let off the accelerator this also add's to recharging the battery everytime you let up on the brake pedal is what they say,I dunno ?.my take and experience anything the chinese builds or has they're fingers on has issues.

Quick over view of one peddle driving~

One-pedal driving is the ability to control a vehicle’s acceleration and deceleration using a single pedal (the accelerator). Pressing the accelerator down will propel the vehicle forward (as it does normally), but reducing pressure on the accelerator will cause the vehicle to decelerate more quickly than it would normally. To me, the primary advantage is that it assures that the friction brakes are not activated unless the absolutely must be. Even on EVs and hybrids with blended braking, pressing the brake pedal will apply some pressure on the brake pads and rotors.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So how do you charge them when you go to a lake 2 hours away ice fishing all day and go to leave and no power??? Seams like a pretty gay move by buck fiden
Thats when you you make sure to bring your gas powered HONDA generator along. :::

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a Volt which is a combo vehicle at work a few years ago. Personally, I really like the vehicle. The weight of the battery made it nice in the winter on icy highways. In the summer I'd make it from 35-38 miles on the battery. In the winter about 20-25 as you'd have the lights on, heat on, and I'm sure the winter knocked it's power down. The gas backup got about 35mpg. On days I didn't use it another employee who just worked in town used it. He wouldn't use any gas at all since he'd rarely put on enough miles. One thing he found was in town he had to be really careful if kids were riding bikes and such. The vehicles are so quiet kids would walk or turn right in front of him. I think they're like all things and have a place for certain people. With battery technology getting better all the time, there may be a day they're feasible for us who live up here and travel a lot, but they're certainly not there yet. And if this is the direction the country plans to go, we better get our $hit together when it comes to our power grid. Vehicles are going to use a lot more power than our homes and our systems could in no way handle this influx of need.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
First off I’m pro oil and gasoline and hate the idea of electric cars. With that being said batteries are getting better and better all the time. It will be all electric in the future. Hopefully not in my lifetime.

Anyways, if u have to charge your car after 300 miles how long does it currently take to get full charge? That’s the biggest hold up for me. If I’m on E now I can fill gas in 3 minutes. That’s of course after an additional 3 minutes of them asking for my zip code, if I’m a loyal member, if I want a car wash, vehicle number and if I want a receipt.

oltrader

Per Prager U:
If you used Tesla's largest battery factory recently built in Nevada. It would take 500 years of production to make enough batteries to
store 1 days worth of energy needs for just the United States.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well now that lying biden pulled the keystone pipeline permit,how do you guyz feel about this move?

My line of work revolves around the oil industry,but this will cost us dearly,from retail prices at the pump to 1000's of jobs across the country.

Came across several new car/vehicle lines snooping yesterday,all electric,,haven't done the math but the cost of electricity will sky rocket because of demand...

One new electric vehicle will be called the "Lordstown" its a small pickup much like the honda wanna be pickup,760 hp 300 mile range on one charge,no rating for torq yet,four motors,two on the rear diff two up front(all wheel drive),down side most of the components/vehicles are assembled in china,most of these critters will be out in 22.
I thought electric cars were overpriced and then I saw the new Benelli SBE3 20 gauge price and realized maybe those electric cars are not so bad.......

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is the power going to come from to charge all these vehicles? Gonna put up wind towers all along the highways to pull up to and charge up? Where does lithium for the batteries come from? I doubt it's solar powered mining operations that get it, also where does most of the lithium in the world come from? Check the price on what a small lithium vex battery costs, or the dewalt/milwaukee etc batteries. No way are these vehicles going to make it without huge subsidies, and the hippies that drive them won't be able to buy them unless taxpayers pay for their cars. How's that ethanol stuff working out?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's all doable with trillions of dollars of your money you guys. Have faith in big government. Half the population can't be wrong.
I don’t know how the poor are supposed to afford gas or buy a new electric car so we can green up our country. Oh wait the government will just buy them all one...... China licking their chops!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

Snow, this transition will take time. Lots of companies working on it, and there will be a lot more. Like Guy said, it will be possible to do with a whole shitload of money. Just like you can power your house with solar. Just expect paying a whole lot more for energy.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Where is the power going to come from to charge all these vehicles? Gonna put up wind towers all along the highways to pull up to and charge up? Where does lithium for the batteries come from? I doubt it's solar powered mining operations that get it, also where does most of the lithium in the world come from? Check the price on what a small lithium vex battery costs, or the dewalt/milwaukee etc batteries. No way are these vehicles going to make it without huge subsidies, and the hippies that drive them won't be able to buy them unless taxpayers pay for their cars. How's that ethanol stuff working out?
Electric cars are finally making sense financially. If you buy a top of the line Tesla Cyber truck with AWD and 500 mile range it will cost you $70k, this truck will last for 300k to 500k miles before the battery is shot. Compare that to a $50k Ford or Chevy that will last 200k max before it needs some major part replacement you can see the benefit. This doesn’t include all the other maintenance that a gas vehicle needs that an electric car doesn’t.

The bigger issue to discuss is the infrastructure it is going to take to make this green transition, who is going to pay for it, and who is going to make it. It is going to take millions of tons of copper, lithium, nickel, and other rare earth metals to feed this green transition. The liberals do not want mining in the USA so where do you think we are going to get these metals.....??? CHINA. We are going to make China more wealthy and powerful with this green transition. This is also going to take forever to get all this extra power installed so buy the time we accomplish this will it be too late anyways for the green wackos. Instead of being energy independent we are going to rely more on China. That my biggest issue with this green nonsense.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Per Prager U:
If you used Tesla's largest battery factory recently built in Nevada. It would take 500 years of production to make enough batteries to
store 1 days worth of energy needs for just the United States.

i.e. invest in Tesla et al

because money is no object when worshipping green ideas

- - - Updated - - -

Snow, this transition will take time. Lots of companies working on it, and there will be a lot more. Like Guy said, it will be possible to do with a whole shitload of money. Just like you can power your house with solar. Just expect paying a whole lot more for energy.

Indeed. This climate change thing might be a hoax, but on the outside chance that biased scientists are right, we've got to take action now.

Luckily, China will be able to eff up half the planet's environment trying to sell us what we need to serve our green revolution needs, so we'll be guilt free.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75