Electrc vehicles~

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Iffn one cannot feed themselves without having a handout, why reproduce?
I purchased an electric ice auger this year, I feel as though I am part of the solution, or is it problem?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how the electric cars are working in the southern half of the country with the cold weather and power outages they are having?

On a side note gas went up here .10 on Monday or Tuesday and .10 again today $2.59 a gallon.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone else find it ironic that the man most responsible for the electric car had to leave california for texas before that blue state and their regulations crushed his business

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
F---ing biden!! ignorant clown,our gas price jumped another .30 yesterday,crude over $60/barrel and climbing then his EO to stop the southern border wall and let 1000's of 3rd world trash in to our country and has the balz to limit travel to/from florida...shady fricken lying con-man.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
that new hybred f150 - I am assuming the Texans that plugged it it into their house let it run 2 days straight? I dont how many u tubers were running offf Direct injection i suppose it didnt hurt em - bout like my outboard ??

That sob can take that 6.2 fly by it out pull it and it states 24mpg in town.

Somebody buy and try it and let me know . I especially like the 700hundred mile and some range on the gas tank.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
that new hybred f150 - I am assuming the Texans that plugged it it into their house let it run 2 days straight? I dont how many u tubers were running offf Direct injection i suppose it didnt hurt em - bout like my outboard ??

Somebody buy and try it and let me know . I especially like the 700hundred mile and some range on the gas tank.

I got me 6.2 she bellers out V8 zaust cat back factry pipage. MPG good when rolling less good in town and stuff yeah woo! Sewing machine it is not as the gerbils aren't boosting the eco me likey old school push rod gasser.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member

GM had a hybrid 1500 pickup and a tahoe,years back....bigtime flop from what I remember,about the same time ethonal was introduced...

That guy

Honored Member
so will all these ev vehicles have the same charging chord or will they all be different like cell phones? Just wondering if any ev can plug into a charger station like the tesla one in Jamestown? Still have yet to see one plugged in there by the way.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
GM had a hybrid 1500 pickup and a tahoe,years back....bigtime flop from what I remember,about the same time ethonal was introduced...

good question? I suspect we'll get a univeral adapter plug in,"one size fits all" at purchase,but then that makes to much sense.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no problem moving to electric vehicles and look forward to it. WHEN WE'RE READY!!!

But, first of all:
1. Battery storage needs to improve. Which it is, but it still has a long ways to go.
2. We need an electrical grid that can actually stand up to not only the current demands but also the demands of shifting to electric cars. How the hell can we add cars to the mix when we can't even handle just plain old life?
3. Approve the pipelines we need for the interim to insure an adequate supply of energy until we can reach the point that we need less and even then it's not just cars that use the oil from these pipelines. 30% is used for purposes other than transportation so there will still be this need.

How about instead of demanding cars become electric and moving everything to renewables we first do some planning and some infrastructure updates/modifications/replacements? To pay for it increase taxes some on companies and replace those increases with possible decreases thru tax credits for building new plants and other investments in our country's future. Then those companies that invest HERE get the tax breaks and those that don't invest in our country can pay more and assist in the cost of the tax breaks we give those companies that do believe in our country and invest in it.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
F---ing biden!! ignorant clown,our gas price jumped another .30 yesterday,crude over $60/barrel and climbing then his EO to stop the southern border wall and let 1000's of 3rd world trash in to our country and has the balz to limit travel to/from florida...shady fricken lying con-man.

Hang on boys, not even 2 months in office, he's got this country on a pace for a train wreck I'm afraid. Not good.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got me 6.2 she bellers out V8 zaust cat back factry pipage. MPG good when rolling less good in town and stuff yeah woo! Sewing machine it is not as the gerbils aren't boosting the eco me likey old school push rod gasser.

look at the stats -- -all you will see is a tailgate that says f150. 570 ft lbs of torque 430 horses

The next couple of years things will change. The stoplights will be extremely hard on V8s

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
look at the stats -- -all you will see is a tailgate that says f150. 570 ft lbs of torque 430 horses

The next couple of years things will change. The stoplights will be extremely hard on V8s

Not the way it works in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8l0kS-sl7Y4

- - - Updated - - -

Mines got the off-road performance package for extra zip as well.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
put a computer in the drivers seat - i want to see no human error

- - - Updated - - -

2021-ford-f-150-hybrid-drag-races-hemi-v8-ram-1500-and-62l-v8-gmc-sierra-1500_1.jpg
put a computer in the drivers seat - i want to see no human error

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i consider myself lucky, as at my age i will never own an electric car, or bike or boat or lawnmower, or side by side or ski jet, or sled only some tools.

As lucky to have grown up with the muscle car era, a father who bought hi-performance cars during my teen years, never a wreck or ticket for racing, a time when girls kept their virginity, the coming of old mill beer, no creedmore bullets, a conflict in SE Asia that i got to attend, the noise coming from a big motor with a special cam, that noise alone made many of would be racer back off, no dependable green energy for Texas, carbs and no fuel injection, when last climate change was the ice age 10000 years ago, no cell phone, internet, drugs other than beer, few game wardens, no all day cable new only Walter Cronkite, no AOC, obama or bidden, a lot of jack rabbits and no coyotes, hunting gophers with a piece of twine or sparrow with a red ryder and cats, 4-H and FFA with a trip through the woods, my 52 Buick Super straight 8, building hay stacks and picking rocks by hand with a stone boat, putting hay in the hay mall with a sling, meeting with my neighbor and hunting all day by walking, no snowmobile or ATV but go-karts with racing West Bend motors, a pedal bike, a 57 MER with a 352 and never winning a race with it, a 56 Ford f100 and a 292 motor, a 71 VIP 440 and never losing a race, and the list goes on but my other old mill drinking buddy just call to meet at the local bar, i would expect another memory to be made. dnb

- - - Updated - - -

and my 56 ford f100 4 speed manual did more for me than any new type electric PU will every do. db

Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your base model Tesla starts at $40 grand. After the price increases coming, 99% of the people out there ain’t gonna be able to afford one

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
id like to test a electric vehical at below zero and see how it goes. I have a couple electric bikes and a sur ron elect pit bike. and temp affects the batterys big time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76