Patty Maker

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has one or used a patty maker for a suffer or grinder. I know its easy to make patty's but would be kind of nice to have them all the same size. $60 ish dollars I might give it a try, just wondering if anyone here has any GOOD input. Ha ha thanks in advance.

xflfan69

Who needs patties anyway? Just scoop up balls of ground meat and smash them into the pan. Get those crispy smash burger edges. 20120914-smashed-burgers-10.jpg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an LEM individual patty maker and it works like a champ

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pattymaker, pattymaker, butcher man,

Make me a burger, as fast as you can;

Pat it, season it, and grill it with glee,

Put it on a bun for johnr and me.

#guywhocanbustarhyme

Last edited:

RNinND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Automatic Burger Press attachment from Cabelas. It works, just too slow for me. I now use the Patty and Jerky maker attachment from LEM. Burgers end up square but we can knock out 25 lbs in no time.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have used them with grinder. It works but really slows down the process it seems to me. I have a 1 1/2HP grinder and stopping it every 1/4# or so just takes to long compared to making a burger when it's time to cook one. For me I would prefer to have an individual press that can be used when it's time to cook. To each his own however.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I roll my burger into logs, let them get firm, and cut them all in one fell swoop.

guysburgermeister.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

not really

But if I didn't hand form my burgers each time I made burgers I'd sure as hell figure out a better way than pressing one stupid burger at a time in a press.

- - - Updated - - -

I like forming burgers according to what's being made. Juicy Lucy's, Black and Bleu, pizza burgers, morel burgers, etc. They all require a little different size/thickness, some need ingredients mixed in, etc.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fresh (not frozen/thawed) hamburger with chopped yellow onion mixed in, hand formed, add salt and pepper and that's all I need. Throw it on the grill to cook, toast the bun and good to go!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pattymaker, pattymaker, butcher man,

Make me a burger, as fast as you can;

Pat it, season it, and grill it with glee,

Put it on a bun for johnr and me.

#guywhocanbustarhyme

A drunken biker, a mad scientist, and a burger press.....like sands through the hourglass so are the days of our lives....

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have the LEM single burger press and this is how I use it. I take 12 1/2# venison burger, 12 1/2# porkbutt, What seasoning I want from Mossy Moe and mix in plastic tub. Add 3# simply potatoe hashbrowns and 3# fine dice onions and garlic powder to taste. Liquid Smoke if you want. By using a measuring cup that holds 1/4# meat mixture wife fills cup and I press out the burger with the thin plastic sheets on each side of burger patty. Put on cookie sheets to freeze and then vac pack. Thats our breakfast sausage burger for the year. Works for us. LB

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
sfdasfd.jpg

My patty maker, skiing at Terry Peak last weekend. Gave her a break from making patties.

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Thanks for all the in put. We skipped out and put everything in bulk for now.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don't make many Pattys anymore. You may have to look for a well taken care of used vintage model. Likely circa 1950's range.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76