Any idea what made these tracks?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it is cloven hoof prints with an occasional tail dragging mark and divots from a pitchfork handle then it probably was my ex on the loose again.

If there's two sets then mine has joined up with skeeter's.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an unholy alliance. Lock up your checkbooks. Freeze your accounts.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have said coon because of the large back feet, but in the other pictures the spacing is entitely wrong. Its hard to tell in that whispy snow, but I would say jack rabbit. Large back feet with hair giving distorted edges to a track in soft snow, and the spacing is just a loping gate.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been told they are in fact beaver tracks by a biologist. Looked it up on the net and it seems to match up, I would have never guessed that.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been told they are in fact beaver tracks by a biologist. Looked it up on the net and it seems to match up, I would have never guessed that.
trapped alot of beaver in my day,never seen a beaver run with a gant/stride that long as they shuffel except the two legged version around closing time at the saloon,they could really move out high stepping,long stride like 10' between steps in heels .

creek nearby? most likely a mustelid of sort,otter? looks like webbing but photo is blury.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes creek is right beside the road.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My original thought was coon, beaver was also a thought because it did look webbed, then as someone said coon running alongside the road. To me they are way to far apart for a beaver and even a coon unless it was running. Definitely not an otter, they have tracks like a mink only a lot larger. They hop along as they are in the weasel family and their front and back feet both look about the same, the tracks would all be the same. My .02

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
You think if it was a beaver there, would be lip marks in the snow. :;:smokin

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking a skunk since the one picture clearly shows five indents in the snow
Screenshot_20210127-203447_YouTube.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79