Worth a lookey

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://nationalfile.com/house-bill...wnership-implement-mass-retroactive-registry/
House Bill Would Require Psych Test, Liability Insurance For Gun Ownership, Implement Mass Retroactive Registry

A new piece of legislation being advanced by US Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) would create prerequisites to gun ownership that include a psychological evaluation and liability insurance, in addition to a full regimen of registration information.
Jackson-Lee has introduced HR 127, otherwise known as the Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act. The legislation is named for Sabika Sheikh, a 17-year old Pakistani foreign exchange student who was among 10 students and staff killed in a high school shooting at in Texas in 2018.
The legislation would require any gun owner to provide the “make, model, and serial number of the firearm, the identity of the owner of the firearm, the date the firearm was acquired by the owner, and where the firearm is or will be stored” to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
It would also require the gun owner to provide timely “notice specifying the identity of any person to whom, and any period of time during which, the firearm will be loaned to the person.”
Never going to pass but with any new legislation it will gain traction eventually just like all land posted eventually it will get passed in one way or another. Do I support either heck know but it's truly scary times we are living in, I see two areas that most likely effect the conservative life guns and religion. Mess we either and war it shall be I suppose

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good thing ND law enforcement won’t enforce shit like this

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
...and I wonder how many criminals OR law abiding citizens are going to participate in that retroactive registration thing.

I think most existing firearms owners, including the additional 7 million new first time gun buyers in 2020 would probably not be all that compliant with much or any of this.

If they want to reduce potential gun violence, step 1 would be to never try enforcing any of the items listed in the introduced legislation.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wanna bet on that one? A fair number of our law enforcement are hired from out of state and bring an "it's the law" mentality.

FYI, I used to say similar shit about not needing a concealed carry permit for my hunting trips where the shotgun/rifle were buried in a pile of clothes in the back seat of my truck.

Then someone I knew got a BS concealed weapon's violation. I no longer trust law enforcement and prosecutors to use reasonable discretion.

These laws get put on the books and get enforced gradually over time as zealous officers seek to make a name for themselves.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they want to reduce potential gun violence, step 1 would be to never try enforcing any of the items listed in the introduced legislation.
Exactly the point. Once things get western, they will have an excuse to come in heavy handed and squash things. Good luck....

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
It ain't the World we used to live in, that is for sure.
Can't say, it can't happen here any longer!
They make up laws and rules as they go, and only enforce the ones they want to.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
More erosion of our rights. I use the word erosion, and then some others come along and call me an old, ill-informed back-water redneck.

I am renewing my CCP, because even though I don't need one right now, I don't trust that it won't be required in the future, and that it might not be harder to GET in the future.

Heck, my pastor recently purchased a Glock. If that don't tell you something...

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With the help of God and a Glock 19 so sayeth the preacher man.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to ponder about the "unintended consequences" of things....

- making law abiding citizens into criminals, no much deep thought there, politicians and people that crave control do that all the time
- make people that should be seeking mental help from doing so... this is how to create more Tim McV, and Ted Kaz...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a huge fan of less laws, and more freedoms. Trump was right, and we all, including the liberal queers know it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77