AIM Weekend Series 2021

Denny

Hello Anglers,

Just want to let you all know that the AIM Weekend Walleye Series will be running 5 events in 2021.

April 25th Graner Bottom Missouri River
May 23rd Lake Audubon
June 20 Lake Sakakawea at Garrison
July 11th Lake Sakakawea at New Town
July 30-31st on Devils Lake championship

Come out and give Catch Record Release a try, I bet you will like it. Go to aimfishing.com and get registered today.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hello Anglers,

Just want to let you all know that the AIM Weekend Walleye Series will be running 5 events in 2021.

April 25th Graner Bottom Missouri River
May 23rd Lake Audubon
June 20 Lake Sakakawea at Garrison
July 11th Lake Sakakawea at New Town
July 30-31st on Devils Lake championship

Come out and give Catch Record Release a try, I bet you will like it. Go to aimfishing.com and get registered today.

Thank the good lord that you're only on Devils Lake once. May you be blessed with Hurricane force winds.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Captain SDMF and Partner Vollmers
#AIMsuperteam
#shouldbeillegal
#TheNewCaptainBitterman

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
it will be hot blasted weekend with no wind and lots of bugs and algae up the ass

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does catch and release work when the surface water is so hot in late July and green?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus everyone will be jigging rapalas deep and the swim bladders will blow...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree. By late July on most years they go on ice if we keep them. Could just as well make anglers put them put the fish on ice and donate the fish to non profits to have benefit fish fries.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does catch and release work when the surface water is so hot in late July and green?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus everyone will be jigging rapalas deep and the swim bladders will blow...

A few years ago there was an AIM tournament on OAHE in late summer. Many were reporting that they seen a lot of dead walleye floating. Tournament guys were claiming BS but others were saying they seen a lot of dead fish. Who knows for sure why. Myself, I doubt that humans have any impact on fish populations on such a huge body of water. And I believe that these catch and release tournaments kill a lot more fish than they will EVER ADMIT.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering where the preconceived notion of every fish caught by a tournament angler comes from deep water and ends up floating? Can someone please enlighten me? [MENTION=272]Rowdie[/MENTION] we've fished by each other on Oahe during the dog days of summer, did you see a line of floating walleyes behind me? I understand some of you despise tournaments and that is your right but at least have your facts right when you go ranting on about it.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering where the preconceived notion of every fish caught by a tournament angler comes from deep water and ends up floating? Can someone please enlighten me? @Rowdie we've fished by each other on Oahe during the dog days of summer, did you see a line of floating walleyes behind me? I understand some of you despise tournaments and that is your right but at least have your facts right when you go ranting on about it.

Since you asked:

https://gf.nd.gov/news/4410

I'm going to theorize that less than 10% of the AIM tournament anglers on DL @ the end of July will be fishing in less than 25'-30'.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering where the preconceived notion of every fish caught by a tournament angler comes from deep water and ends up floating? Can someone please enlighten me? @Rowdie we've fished by each other on Oahe during the dog days of summer, did you see a line of floating walleyes behind me? I understand some of you despise tournaments and that is your right but at least have your facts right when you go ranting on about it.
No, when did I say that? All I know is that there was a thread, I think on the old FBO, about a bunch of floating fish in SD during the AIM tournament in Akaska. I didn't see the floaters myself, but there were people talking. I really don't have a problem with their format, or tournaments. They could keep all the fish for all I care.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, when did I say that? All I know is that there was a thread, I think on the old FBO, about a bunch of floating fish in SD during the AIM tournament in Akaska. I didn't see the floaters myself, but there were people talking. I really don't have a problem with their format, or tournaments. They could keep all the fish for all I care.

SD doesn't have an AIM circuit. Not sure what tournament that would have been.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They had one out of Akaska 5 or 6 years ago....pretty sure.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
SD doesn't have an AIM circuit. Not sure what tournament that would have been.

Charging my usual Google Consulting fees. Send the bitcoins when you get a chance.

Screenshot 2021-02-04 150101.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

They had one out of Akaska 5 or 6 years ago....pretty sure.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, has it been 10 years. Time really starting to fly now that I'm a quinquagenarian.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can anyone from SD shed some light on how you got rid of them?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just wondering where the preconceived notion of every fish caught by a tournament angler comes from deep water and ends up floating? Can someone please enlighten me? [MENTION=272]Rowdie[/MENTION] we've fished by each other on Oahe during the dog days of summer, did you see a line of floating walleyes behind me? I understand some of you despise tournaments and that is your right but at least have your facts right when you go ranting on about it.

Yeah your are right they may not be floating but rather released to die after they swim away. Just because they swim off doesn’t mean they do not have fatal trauma.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since you asked:

https://gf.nd.gov/news/4410

I'm going to theorize that less than 10% of the AIM tournament anglers on DL @ the end of July will be fishing in less than 25'-30'.

I didn't ask for the game and fishes opinion on perch caught through the ice. I wanted to know where people are coming up with the idea that all the fish are being caught out of deep water during late summer. I can state as a fact that a vast majority of the big fish caught during the past AIM tournaments have come from 20fow or less. Yes a few come from deeper but not as many as what is assumed by most.

So according to most its okay for me to go fish during the summer and practice catch and release and thats okay just not on Sundays? I do grow tired of listening to you run off at the mouth based on your opinion and things that you hear as fact.
For any of you to come on here bash a tournament circuit and it's participants that are trying to make a positive change in the sport just blows my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah your are right they may not be floating but rather released to die after they swim away. Just because they swim off doesn’t mean they do not have fatal trauma.

So which fish? All of them that are caught during the summer or just ones caught on tournament days? I'm not saying there isn't fish mortality I just want to know which fish die so I know which ones to keep since you know which ones they are. Can you help me out with that? Is there a certain technique I shouldn't be using because it's more fatal to the fish?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74