Mid Day Walleyes on Audubon

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had the permanent set up over a saddle in 24ft with deeper water on both sides. Managed to find some fish, but the primetime seemed to be between 11pm - 3am. We had a few moving through between 6pm - 11pm but they were few and far between.

Has anyone had success finding walleyes during the day? Does it have anything to do with the water clarity and the fact that I could see bottom in 24ft, or could it have been the colder temps this weekend? I've always been content with the late night bite, but I'd like to get the kids on some fish so I'm exploring my options to see if I could find the type of structure or depth that might hold active fish during the day.

Also, be very careful if you're running and gunning on the lake. I could see no less than six areas with open water from my house. One of the large areas was along the big pressure ridge toward the north side, but there were other areas that weren't so obvious. As of Sunday, they hadn't froze over yet but with these temps there is a good chance they could skim over just enough to be dangerous.

Rugeruser

When I get out and drill off of structure I almost always catch my limit during the day! However picking up one here and another 1/4 of a mile away! If you do catch more than one fish in an area during the day that’s where the kiddos should be set up at dusk. The fish are too stubborn to keep kids excited during the day without hopping around!

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I get out and drill off of structure I almost always catch my limit during the day! However picking up one here and another 1/4 of a mile away! If you do catch more than one fish in an area during the day that’s where the kiddos should be set up at dusk. The fish are too stubborn to keep kids excited during the day without hopping around!

That's what I typically do when running around by myself, but that can be tough with the kids and the permanent. I'm considering trying deeper water on some flats to see if that produces any more daytime action. Only problem is I might completely miss the night bite if I'm away from the usual structure. I know it's a give and take situation.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where do the baitfish go mid-day?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74