Current thoughts on the covid vaccine???

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I had my annual physical yesterday and my doc was hot on me to get the shot. Im 73 in a few weeks and doc says that because my heart rate is so low and the heart operates at about 55% thst I am at risk. He sure was against hydrochloroquin. I said the CDC approves it now. He said there was much better alternatives. My wife and I have a tough time msking up our mind. She donated a kidney and we both wonder which isnmore dangerouse covid or the shot. Thoughts????? I know we have tslked about this, but more people have been vaccinated and we may have some first hand accounts.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get my second one this week. I was so so at first as well until I talked to a friend of mine. Friend is married to a chemist who works for a Pfizer owned company and who's brother was one of the lead researchers on the Pfizer trials. He couldn't wait for the trials to finish so he too could get vaccinated as he had total trust in it after reviewing the data. But I'm sure it's like everything else nowadays though. Mainstream scientists will approve and recommend it, but the real experts (talking heads and conspiracy theorists) will tell you not to take it or you'll grow antlers.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too get my second Moderna vaccination this week, Thursday, and then they say after 2 more weeks I will be at max immunity 95%±!

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get my second one this week. I was so so at first as well until I talked to a friend of mine. Friend is married to a chemist who works for a Pfizer owned company and who's brother was one of the lead researchers on the Pfizer trials. He couldn't wait for the trials to finish so he too could get vaccinated as he had total trust in it after reviewing the data. But I'm sure it's like everything else nowadays though. Mainstream scientists will approve and recommend it, but the real experts (talking heads and conspiracy theorists) will tell you not to take it or you'll grow antlers.
would they possibly make Boone & Crocket?

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I get the second Pfizer on Friday and am happy it's available. The ND plan isn't very organized as far as how to get on a waiting list.

Lando

Established Member
I get my first shot on Thursday. My lady got her first shot a week ago-she was just fine.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
For God's sake man get the shot! It's all math, keep yourself on the good % side. I got my 1st shot last Thursday, and can't wait until March 3rd when I get my 2nd one. This summer it will still be around, as everyone will be way more relaxed. How would you feel if you get it and spread it to your unvaccinated loved ones and one of them dies.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a gentleman that just got his second shot and is doing just fine @ 103 years old.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Morjuan Williams of "The Five" fame recovered then was vacced: Why?...

Old Red Cross blood samples have shown antibodies previous to this shit even making the "news".

IMHO PG; get tested for antibodies before accepting the needle. I AM NOT A DOCTOR. MY ADVICE IS DANGEROUS.

Even if you catch it; you're going to recover statistically which has the left in panic as their "control" slips away...The person which/whom isolated HIV was not panicked and revealed it could be treated with vitamin D. THAT was stamped down back THEN and imagine trying to research it now...

Especially up here guys/gals: Get your VD:). Especially/especially you office workers under those gd fluorescent lights.

- - - Updated - - -

I AM NOT A DOCTOR. MY ADVICE IS DANGEROUS.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How long do the antibodies last. I heard only a few months. If I had antibodies, I'd wait then get vaccinated after 3 months. There's talk of needing another dose next fall I hear, but IDK.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This presents another question: Why all the nursing home deaths? Were they just stacked up like in a Korean War MASH and forgotten due to Group Think?

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do what you have to do to make you happy.
Myself, family and the vast majority of friends and coworkers have had the virus. I know of only one person that was hospitalized, most including myself didn't even know we had it just lost my sense of taste and smell.
It has what now a 99.7% survival rate if your under 65 or something like that? Now that I've had it some studies think my natural immunity could last for years. They want you to get that shot every year I believe correct?
Anyways I really don't personally know of anyone getting the shot, although I have told my elderly father to get it as his health isn't the best now that dementia has taken over. My mom is tough, virus didn't do crap to her and her like myself and my family and friends want nothing to do with it. Even if a person would get extremely sick there are so many treatments that are working extremely well such as convalescent plasma therapy.
We will continue to take our vitamin D and zinc and go from there I guess since it didn't really do crap the first time around. I'll wait and see what the shot does to folks after its been on the market a couple of years.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How long do the antibodies last. I heard only a few months. If I had antibodies, I'd wait then get vaccinated after 3 months. There's talk of needing another dose next fall I hear, but IDK.

IDK know either.

More folks need to watch "Little House On the Prairie": A good college thesis would be Smallpox/Indians/George Washington and Immunity.

Washington owned slaves. He should be impeached.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. Edwards could kick some ass.

- - - Updated - - -

This chi-com shit essentially boils down to another "cold" virus which still begs the question: Why all the nursing home deaths?

Read Revelations or the series "Left Behind": It all comes together while providing skeptics with "rock 'n roll". Skeptics can be both a source of comfort and retarded.

I identify with Thomas.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
...we both wonder which isnmore dangerouse covid or the shot. Thoughts?????

Over 30 million Americans have received the vaccine and there have been at most, one or two deaths from it.

Over 30 million Americans have caught covid and there have been some 450,000 deaths from it.

If you can't do that kind of math, you are a retard.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I find myself in the "not going to get it" group. I'm not real sure about a rushed vaccine, plus, I have been exposed to people since it began. Never really got a chance to hide out, and haven't gotten it yet. I think I'm going to trust my immune system. Not saying you shouldn't get it, but don't think I will anytime soon.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Over 30 million Americans have received the vaccine and there have been at most, one or two deaths from it.

Over 30 million Americans have caught covid and there have been some 450,000 deaths from it.

If you can't do that kind of math, you are a retard.

How does this compare with annual flu?

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
IDK know either.

More folks need to watch "Little House On the Prairie": A good college thesis would be Smallpox/Indians/George Washington and Immunity.

Washington owned slaves. He should be impeached.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. Edwards could kick some ass.

- - - Updated - - -

This chi-com shit essentially boils down to another "cold" virus which still begs the question: Why all the nursing home deaths?

Read Revelations or the series "Left Behind": It all comes together while providing skeptics with "rock 'n roll". Skeptics can be both a source of comfort and retarded.

I identify with Thomas.

You been doing a little drinking or did you just get vaccinated?

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine recently. I felt off for about 12 hours. I could function at work but it would have felt much better laying on the couch. That is a good thing. It means my body and the vaccine are reacting the way they are supposed and creating immunity. That is how a vaccine works by teaching your immune system to recognize the virus when you are exposed again and create a faster and stronger response.

I know people who died from this. People who were hospitalized and out of work for months. Some that took weeks to recover. I know an active person of 60 ish who is basically down to one lung. He can still do things but everything takes twice as long. For most people it was pretty minor.

The vaccine is our path to something resembling normal again. A way to get kids back in school, have the state fair, concerts, visiting parents, flying to warm destinations.............etc..............

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80