New merc engine

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slap that bitch on the new warrior 238 and she just might run with the yarcrafts.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
the hp whores are twitching already...
My 200 pushes me at 48 mph. That’s fast enough for me. When will enough be enough?? I’m 45 years old my dick is the size it’s going to be I’ve nothing to prove. Most time I don’t even get above 3700 rpm when I’m on plane. Enjoy the day and the ride.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 200 pushes me at 48 mph. That’s fast enough for me. When will enough be enough?? I’m 45 years old my dick is the size it’s going to be I’ve nothing to prove. Most time I don’t even get above 3700 rpm when I’m on plane. Enjoy the day and the ride.

hahaha, right???

ive got 7 years on you and my 150 is more than my back can handle on most days on sak...

it is fun to watch the big motors scream by me though... it's kinda like that old 2 stroke smell in the morning...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 219 out performs the 208 with 300??? Im curious now.

Pretty sure the 219 w/400 is faster than the 209 w/300. AaronJ on here can give you the gnats-ass numbers.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure the 219 w/400 is faster than the 209 w/300. AaronJ on here can give you the gnats-ass numbers.
I’m quit sure it would. I thought they were real comparable with 300’s though or the 350’s.

Founding Member
Founding Member
And it weighs almost 1300 pounds!
A 450R only weighs 690.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seven marine has ceased production on their motors so now Merc will be the king of big horsepower

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched a vid on this motor yesterday. Sounds pretty neat. They did not mention the price, but I could imagine.

It's got some new tech that's interesting. New Tech though, sometimes equals headaches.

It's got a two-speed tranny, which is supposed to provide significantly better push down low, but still hit high top end speeds.

Also, has counter-rotating props, so no steering torque for singles, triples, or quints.

Also, the lower unit steers without the top half rotating, which I guess saves room at the transom. If using dual engines, the lower units can operate independently of each other, making docking easier. Apparently that feature runs off a joystick, so bow-thrusters aren't needed.

Way way WAY out of most people's price ranges. But there will be some..

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched a vid on this motor yesterday. Sounds pretty neat. They did not mention the price, but I could imagine.

It's got some new tech that's interesting. New Tech though, sometimes equals headaches.

It's got a two-speed tranny, which is supposed to provide significantly better push down low, but still hit high top end speeds.

Also, has counter-rotating props, so no steering torque for singles, triples, or quints.

Also, the lower unit steers without the top half rotating, which I guess saves room at the transom. If using dual engines, the lower units can operate independently of each other, making docking easier. Apparently that feature runs off a joystick, so bow-thrusters aren't needed.

Way way WAY out of most people's price ranges. But there will be some..

salt water engine only? read the engine cost $77k

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
salt water engine only? read the engine cost $77k

I didn't catch that, and didn't really care. I would guess you'll never see that engine around here. It will be on bigger, far more expensive boats. When the person has deep pockets, it all becomes a pecker-wagging contest anyhow.

I read a few weeks ago, that the big inboard boats are dead, as far as new production. I mean, like 40 ft to 70 ft cigarette style boats are nearly never inboards anymore. Outboards weigh less, are cheaper (believe it or not), take far less room, and are more efficient (fuel-wise). So, those fastboats are going to have outboards now.

Enter, the 600 hp outboard...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I noticed when I watched the video is that marketing people are relentless when they latch onto a "Buzz Word". The Buzz-Words for the new Merc are "Experience" and "Luxury".

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i can no lie count on one hand the number of Merc's ive seen on boats down here.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66