Winter project~

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothin is better than a big high hp engine cracking off. Awesome car love the color . If you need any shock stuff built let me know that’s what my brother does. Want to be able to hook all that hp when the rice burner pulls up next to you haha.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very nice Snow. Those Mopar are something special! Make sure you post the end product pictures to.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice work Snow! As stated above please forward pics when complete. Mopar fan, owned a '70 Cuda AAR and always enjoy seeing Mopar muscle.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
​First muscle car I had was '65 SS Chevelle 327/300hp 4 speed. Next was '68 Roadrunner 383/335hp Automatic, B5 Blue same as Richard Pettys.

Gives me chills to watch Mecum auctions. Love watch'n Graveyard Cars. All the best snow with your project:;:thumbsup

At one time I had 65 goat w/389 dual headers hurst 4spd but morpar rocked back then,cuda's ,super bee's etc...also had a triump tr-6 convertible boy was that a great chick magnet,well the golden retriever riding shotgun helped,had to have the passenger window rolled down for my fishing rods...on weekend road trips up north.

We had street races on weekends in mpls way back,burnt the shit outof the valves running 95% oct flight fuel we gassed up with from our little town airport plus we added more secret stuff of course.lake street was the place,when the race was over we hung out at white castle .13 burgers and not to many fights,but back then we didn't have jagermeister and red bull.

- - - Updated - - -

fj what is that rig? jeep front end but reminds me of a old toyota .

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow:
From the factory there was a difference between a 4 barrel and 3 duces. A GTO in 65 with the 3 pots was hard to beat by other factory cars. Later the mopars, chevy, ect, came but the GTO for me still had the name. Race 442 4 barrel against 442 and GTO with 3-2 barrels and never won.

Street racing for me was very common. A new 65 442 at a cost of $3,500. Looked at a plain Jane 66 Plymouth but with a hemi with a sticker price of $3,200. Thursday night would go down Broadway in Fargo and one path the race was on to air port road. Only once were the cops out there. One night a dealership came with an older Plymouth and had put a hemi in it. Yes the 426 motor was king kong.

Those were the greatest of times. The working ladies we ran with could drink with the best of us and always paid their way. Fast cars and respectful women left many memories for me and i am sure for many of the older ones on here. db

Today' boys and girls have no idea. Cost was being old today but well worth it.

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice ride snow!

My dad had a 1966 plymouth baracuda that he burnt up street racing in Fargo back the early 70's. Brother had a '70 cuda at one time but had to sell it. Our family has always been big mopar people since my dad and uncle both worked at dodge dealerships. Would have been fun living during the muscle car era, I was born a couple decades too late. Always loved the looks of the early chargers, roadrunners and gtx's.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
finally got the "dana rear end locker"(truck gears to handle the torq) in 460 gears,black vinyl roof also came in,black bullet mirrors...tranny is next,4spd of course

Last edited:

sdtransplant

Established Member
wish I would still have what I went through when I was a snot nosed kid. First car dad got me was a 63 2dr post impala , traded it for a 69 grand torino 390 4spd,blew it up, bought a 69 roadrunner 383 4 spd ,wrecked it, found a 57 chevy impala 2 dr post , semi restored , never could get it to run rebuilt 327 4 bbl 4 spd , traded it for 69 chevelle ss 396 4 speed, blew it up. Then came marriage and 4 door family cars till now 14 and 15 rams.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love the stories you guys post. My first car wasn't as sexy. 85 AMC Eagle sedan. Didn't get the girls, didn't win a race...but that shift on the fly 4wd got me onto Brewer Lake ice fishing! Amazing what it could go through.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love the stories you guys post. My first car wasn't as sexy. 85 AMC Eagle sedan. Didn't get the girls, didn't win a race...but that shift on the fly 4wd got me onto Brewer Lake ice fishing! Amazing what it could go through.
Is AMC still a thing?
Haven't seen or heard of one in a long time

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Friend of my brother had an AMC Gremlin. Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Holy cow. That was one scary ride.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Post a video when you first fire it up nothing better than a big motor cracking off the first time.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First Chevy impale was in 58, correct me if i am wrong.

I often dream of finding a 57 with a 283 with stock two four barrels or stock fuel injection. Anyone have one? db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Went into cold storage today and took 3 pictures of car i order in 1976 (77 saloon). Order in earlier 76 with no idea what it would like and was to come in November from Texas. Came in Jan of 1977 and went to twin cities to get. 20 below that day. No where as nice as a 69 dodge with a 440 but does have a five speed manual. Was the family car at first and after 40 plus years and 80000 plus miles needs its first paint job. Thought is to take metal off this summer, have someone paint same color and put back on leaving only rear quarters to paint on car. New weather striping at that time. Not it sure if that will work. For me it is not the muscle car i had earlier but it is the one i had since 1977 and kept. Motor and rest is all orginal.

As i did this, a memory came to me. A handful of us guys ran around together with a handful of working girls from Fargo. Use to go to the star lite drive in on air port road north of Fargo. Would watch the show and drink beer amount other things with the ladies. One girl had this 55 chevy, orange and white. Well they where working so they paid their way in. Us guys were in college so we took my 58 Buick or buddies 65 442, can not remember that part, went north of drive in, across field and snuck in. Met with girls and proceed to drink, i assume cheap Buckhorn beer with the girls while sitting in car or on fender of cars. They were good, innocent times.
Well the movie that night was a normal drive in movie call Flesh Eaters and the double feature was Promise Promise. Now not sure how many of you seen that show starting Jane Mansfield. There was scene in the bath tub with all kinds of suds. We were 18 years of age. Miss Jane step out of that bath tub and at that moment there was complete silents for us boys. I can remember that moment as if it happen yesterday. I was in the back seat with one of girls and my mind when elsewhere for a moment. ah the memories. Miss Jane was build and she must of know there would be 18 year old boys watching because she did play with herself for just a brief moment. db

Attachments

DSC00119.jpg DSC00118.jpg DSC00114.jpg
Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice db,I remember eyeballing that model "olds cutlass coup",but never pulled the trigger,in mid 70's I had ahard on for a 1963 stingray vette at the time,couldn't afford one in running condition but remember finding one sitting on blocks no paint just primer,no engine or tranny but the price was in my ballpark,kickin myself for years not buying the car for $5k.

Your cutless is mint,she needs a road trip with a 12pak on the side.

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
First Chevy impale was in 58, correct me if i am wrong.

I often dream of finding a 57 with a 283 with stock two four barrels or stock fuel injection. Anyone have one? db

Yes the first year was 1958.

I did not remember that you could get a manual 5 speed in a 77 Cutlass.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
wish I would still have what I went through when I was a snot nosed kid. First car dad got me was a 63 2dr post impala , traded it for a 69 grand torino 390 4spd,blew it up, bought a 69 roadrunner 383 4 spd ,wrecked it, found a 57 chevy impala 2 dr post , semi restored , never could get it to run rebuilt 327 4 bbl 4 spd , traded it for 69 chevelle ss 396 4 speed, blew it up. Then came marriage and 4 door family cars till now 14 and 15 rams.

Your life story play's loud and clear sd,my many friends went through the pain's either divorced now(You had some nice rides tho ) or whipped driving a mini van,me? spent a good number of years working in Alaska by summer western ski resorts by winter,to busy chasing tail to settle down with a family/kids(none I know about)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80