Prayers needed

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea the drugs they need to feed you to make you comfortable can sometimes be a real bearcat to combat. Home she feels better soon.

KiYi

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thoughts and prayers out to you and your wife BBJ.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn our bodies are tough,brenda is a fighter,tough woman John she is lucky she has you for support and you her,this is the best definition of love I have seen in a long time,godbless.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
Just got notified my brides treatments will be starting this coming Monday.
Thanks for all the suggestions and info people. We really do appreciate it very much.

Forgot to add, i brought Brenda home from the hospital
late Thursday night. So far so good with the meds and nausea. Hope it can continue, now hoping her constipation doesn't bother in the future.
John

Last edited:

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
John,
Prayers work my friend. God Speed this week! Tried to reply to your PM - for some reason it won't let me. Glad it worked out for you - happy to help in any way I can.

Bruce

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
Brenda did start both her Chemo and Proton Beam Radiation Therapy this past Monday.
Things went pretty well from both of them. Chemo is once per week on Monday's and the Proton Beam Therapy is Monday - Friday.
She gets very tired quite easily and hasn't slept very well other than one night and then again last night. Constipation is an ongoing issue and with everything else going on, that is the last thing that she needs.
Some days the pain is tolerable and then some days it is almost totally unbearable. This is of course with her pain medications.
She has been stating the last 2 times of Proton Therapy, she has a tightness in her chest and we will mention that to the Doctor when we meet with the Proton Therapy Doctor on Monday. Her treatments they said this past week, will be a minimum or 6-7 weeks of the above and then tests after that will decide what will occur after that.
Don't have hardly any cell coverage when down in the Concourse where the Proton Therapy is in use. Also haven't been on this Forum as trying to just keep up with her Mayo Portal as things change daily with her schedules. Monday is quite hectic with meeting with her Doctors, then Chemo, then another blood test, then another test or two, and finally her Proton Therapy late on Monday so we get to Mayo before 7 a.m. and don't get out of Mayo until after 7:30 p.m., so a super long day and she is shot from all the meetings and treatments and no rest whatsoever. Then the rest of the week it is tests, treatments, meeting with therapists and other staff, and having to deal with getting her pain medications as our Medication Insurance is bucking on paying for such high dosages of pain medications, even with the Doctors certifying they are needed. So far the other Medications they haven't bucked on, but just the Pain Medications. So the credit card is getting zinged pretty good. More stress, a gift that just keeps on giving!
Anyway appreciate all the kind words, prayers, texts, and emails from so many of you! I don't answer many of them as I am getting bombarded with texts and emails from family and friends too. Told many of them, if you don't hear from us, it is good news and if anything big happens, we will update. They all mean well and are super concerned but the stress of all this and then trying to keep up with answering things, it just got to be too much for this old fart! So hoping you all understand.
Take care and God bless each and every one of you and your families!
Hug, kiss, & tell each one of them how much you love, need, and cherish them. Life is way too short and we often put our attentions on things that we think are important at the time, but in the big picture, family is what matters!
Thank you once again my friends, as this Forum, is a life saver for me!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
BBJ, appreciate the updates when you do get the chances. Brenda sounds like a very strong individual. Hang in there, and continued Prayers for you and Brenda.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
God bless you both John...thoughts and prayers as always. Keep us posted...stay strong brother...trust in the Lord...it's all we can do!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
Had her second week of Chemo and Proton Beam Radiation.
Went fairly well until last night and she ended up with muscle spasms in her upper back and chest area. Started around 6 pm and lasted until 4 am this morning. She is literally shot and worned out from the spasming. Nothing helped and we tried everything we could think of including her medications.
Today so far, she is better but still darn sore and very tired and hurting.
Week three starts Monday and Mondays and Tuesday are super long days with no rest at all between treatments and tests.
On Friday after her Proton Radiation, they gave her 3 different CT scans, so hopefully come Monday when we meet with the Proton Doctor, we will maybe find out how things are going and hoping and praying that it is killing and shrinking that tumor.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My wife was not as bad but it can be a long road. Her operation was in the spring and chemo lasted until earlier winter. Gets old and still needs to go now and then but spent the afternoon drinking beer at the local bar and watching NDSU football. Wife watching curling now but they shut it down this morning due to virus so i think she is watching repeats now. Keep the faith. db

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Peace be with you in the long fight. Prayers for you both. LB and BB.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
Forgot to add, her shortness of breath is much worse and when they have her laying on her back, she must put her arms above her head for the Radiation, CT scans, and other tests. Anytime she lays on her back on a hard surface it about puts her through the roof and the muschle spasms start plus add in having to raise her arms just compounds the problems. It also makes it much harder for her to breathe as it is hard for her now. Forgot she has problems swallowing too. Some of that is the tumor pushing on her windpipe and her esophagus, and some could be from her radiation treatments.
Hopefully get some answers tomorrow!

Kasey

Founding Member
Founding Member
We will continue sending prayers for comfort, strength and peace. God bless you and Brenda.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76