Prayers needed

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I apologize for being late on this, so I am glad to hear you got to bring your wife home on such a special day for both of you. Prayers are being sent your way!

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prayers to your wife and to you . I hope it turns out the best way possible for you both

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
My bride got notified today that she has an appointment with Mayo, on February 23rd with Oncology. Don't know what it entails as of now or IF i can even go in with her.
So will have to see what we can find out. So as of today that is all we know.
John

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have no idea what a oncology is or does but i hope all goes well for the two of you, db

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have no idea what a oncology is or does but i hope all goes well for the two of you, db

Oncology: A branch of medicine that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
Got a call this morning from Radiology and they want to see Brenda right after her appointment with Oncology. So one at 9 a.m. and the other at 10 a.m.
Was told they want to go over her previous tests, (which is good that is going to happen) and discuss things with Brenda on treatment before her other tests on March 15th. So at least the ball is finally moving forward instead of moving backwards or in a holding pattern. It is very scary going ahead but we have to meet it head-on.
Had some company from NoDak here for 2 days, my daughter and her husband will be flying in at midnight tonight and staying until early Tuesday morning. Then we are expecting some dear friends from Nodak around the middle of next week too.
We are careful not to get Brenda tired and if/when she gets tired she goes an lays down. So far the pain pills are working ok and he stomach isn't as upset. She is sleeping a little bit better every night at least for now. Guessing that will change when the treatments start.
Appreciate the prayers and well wishes my friends!
John

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
BBJ:
Not sure what the treatments will be for her but for the wife there was 6-7 months of radiation and just got done a couple of months ago.
No real hair loss, weight loss and no serious ill effects from these treatments. best of luck db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
BBJ:
Thanks for your support.
Was wondering if there is any updates on neighbor who did not wake up after shot. Got my second yesterday and no ill effects. db

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
BBJ:
Thanks for your support.
Was wondering if there is any updates on neighbor who did not wake up after shot. Got my second yesterday and no ill effects. db

Our neighbor, she is still alive, so that is good news but only woke up for a few minutes total so far. Doctors are starting to think she might possibly come out of it. They say they absolutely believe it was caused by the Covid shot. Can't prove it and things happen. Everyones body chemistry is different for sure.

I get my second Moderna shot March 13th.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
She is still alive, so that is good news but only woke up for a few minutes total so far. Doctors are starting to think she might possibly come out of it. They say they absolutely believe it was caused by the Covid shot. Can't prove it and things happen. Everyones body chemistry is different for sure.

I get my second Moderna shot March 13th.

BBJ, I had a flu reaction from my second Moderna shot. First chills after 4 hours, then sweats, fever and just a general malaise. Lasted about 36 hours. Didn't think of my vaccination as the cause at first but later thought it was. Just look for it - if it gets to you you will get over it!

Prayers to you and yours!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
We went to Mayo yesterday to meet with Oncology and Radiation.
They went over all the tests that were done while Brenda was in their hospital.
Oncology doctor said he wants the MRI brain scan and the PET scan done asap. So he got it moved up from March 15th to this next Tuesday March 2nd. Being she has to be put under for her MRI, the scheduling takes longer as more and more people are needing this because of claustrophobia. His major concern is if it has moved to the brain or elsewhere in the body. As it looks right now, only one Lymph node is affected but he said the other scans will tell more.
The most terrible news is that it is inoperable being it is in/on the upper right lung and wrapped around the spine and T2,T3, and T4 spinal nerves. He said that is where most if not all her pain is coming from.
We have to go down to Mayo this Sunday so Brenda can get a Covid test as that has to be 48 hours before the tests on Tuesday.
She asked if she should get the Chinese Virus shots and he said absolutely, as she doesn't need to catch that Virus, it wouldn't be good if she would catch that in her lung conditions. So she is scheduled to get her first Virus shot this coming Saturday.
He said as of right now and pending her 2 tests, their plan is chemo and radiation. He said the treatment could change based on those 2 tests with how aggressive they have to get.
So now we are in a holding pattern until next week.
That is all i can think of as of right now as my mind is spinning.
Received some cards with well wishes and believe me, it helps her, so thank you to those who have sent them.
Once again continue to pray for my bride and we thank you all for doing so.
John

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
BBJ mailed a care package for Brenda and you on Tuesday. LB

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Much appreciated to all.
I am getting by, as long as i can be by my bride!
This Thread and Forum is my relief from stress and everything else that is from this whole ordeal.
Just appreciate your reading and the comments.
Thank you all.

Last edited:

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hang in there John! We are all praying for her recovery.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm late to this thread and very sorry for your news, but I will start throwing up some prayers for your wife.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75