Prayers needed

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Praying for good news from the Dr. That will certainly lift her spirits.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
It has been 2 weeks since i have been on here and those have been 2 weeks from Hell for my bride.
2 weeks ago we had to take her to the E.R. as she was having bad reactions to some of her medications and they had to ween her off her medications to try and figure out what was causing the reactions. That took 4-5 days and she was in the hospital the whole time. Then she got out and she was out about 2 days or so and all of a sudden her temperature was over 103 and i had to call 911 at 2:30 in the morning and they came and the ambulance hauled her to the E.R. again and they admitted her into the hospital for 3-4 more days running all kinds of tests and scans and couldn't find the cause of it but kept her on IV antibiotics the whole time. They said they thought it was from either the radiation or the Chemo as it sometimes happens as ones immune system is totally shut down or out of whack. Nothing else showed up, so once again she got discharged. Now just on Friday she started having swelling in her abdomen and now in her legs and ankles. Guessing it is from her steroids she is on, but hopefully she will be ok until we meet with the Doctor on Monday, to see if it is that or something else.
This poor girl just can't seem to catch a break, as it is one thing after the other. It isn't bad enough to have the tumor, cancer, and severe pain, she has to have these other things to compound the other problems!
During her 2 stays in the hospital she had to miss 3 Proton Radiation treatments, so they will add that onto her ending date and hopefully she won't miss any more treatments. She has been lucky with the Chemo and hasn't missed any of those treatments so far. She just got done with week 4, so 2 1/2 more weeks of radiation and 2 weeks of Chemo left before she will have 6-8 weeks off and then retest to see how things are going so far. That is IF i haven't gotten any of this screwed up and believe me, I possibly do have some of it screwed up. We are both needing some much needed rest and we are both shot mentally and physically but she needs it much more than I.
Appreciate the well wishes, prayers, texts, emails, and PM's and Brenda enjoys reading each one of them and cries every time she reads one. You all have touched our lives in a very special way and we thank God for each and every one of you!
Until next time.
John

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the update. Boy you aren't kidding that she has been through the wringer. Prayers still being sent.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So sorry it's been a crappy 2 weeks John. Tell Brenda she has a lot of people in her corner...most importantly...the man upstairs. Will keep you both in my prayers...God bless you both John!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:

Had some more tests done, CT scans and MRI and Mayo wants to do another MRI as Banner in Payson
did the last one and Mayo wants more area done and guessing with contrast. They want the whole spine, neck, and brain done in this MRI and if it doesn't show what they are wanting, they said they would order a PET scan done.They found Brenda has a bad stress fracture at T-3 with 65-70% of the vertebrae collapsed and T-2 and T-4 are starting to collapse somewhat also. This is the area where they treated her tumor and lung cancer.
They also found that Brenda has a start of a blood clot in her right groin area and have her on blood thinners now also.
The last 2-3 weeks she has had terrible nausea off and on. Didn't bother her that much while she was doing Chemo and radiation but about a week or two after treatment ended, it has gotten much worse.
She was to start Immune Therapy (another Chemo) yesterday but they put that off until they can find out what is causing the nausea.
She is in an upper body brace for her back as they want to keep her stable and said IF T-3 vertebrae would shift more, it could damage or sever her spinal cord. So this is very serious too.
So that is all we know at this time.
Will update when we know more but might be awhile down the road.
It has been some awful long days and late nights going through these Doctor appointments and all the tests. Her nausea and pain really do her in and she is very tired.
Her throat is better somewhat and she can swallow better but pills and food still get hung-up sometimes when she swallows.
Please continue to keep her in your prayers and they are greatly appreciated!
John

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Both of you are in our prayers as we fight this cancer. LB.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure wish they could get her more comfortable. Hang in there. Your both fighters, and you have many pulling for you. Prayer sent

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will keep praying for you both. Trust in the Lord with all your heart...

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:

As most of you know, yesterday was our 27th anniversary.
Well Brenda's meeting with Palliative Care yesterday, turned out to be another visit to Mayo ER after meeting with the Palliative Care team and she is now in the hospital again today. She is scheduled for a couple brain and neck MRI scans with contrast as they want to be sure nothing has moved to the neck or brain.The last 2-3 weeks she has been nauseated and that has gotten worse daily it seems.
Her walking gate yesterday morning for a while was just shuffling of the feet, not a normal walking gait. Later in the afternoon she was walking more normally. She can't walk very far as the nausea is really bad and she has to lay down. This is with all her nausea medication too, so that is why they are doing the MRI's.
Hopefully we will know more later today but might not know until next Tuesday, when we meet with her Oncology Doctor.
Keep her in your prayers,
John

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay strong for Brenda. I think your in pretty good hands At Mayo. Continued prayers. . .

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
Going to do another PET scan on Monday as the Oncology Doctor said he is afraid it has now moved into her bones.
Won't know the outcome of that until late Thursday when we meet with the Oncology Doctor again.
She also is getting more tired and more short on air.
This poor girl just can't catch a break.
I am dreading the outcome of this test and it just makes me sick to think about it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75