No more messing with the clock in North Dakota

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I must be a minority here , but I like it just the way it is , That extra hour during the great months is wonderful

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^^^^
I'm with you Pheasant. Will be dark a long time in the winter mornings. Besides, now we'll have noting to argue about twice a year.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^ I said "for selfish" reasons Short. I absolutely agree that spring/fall additional light in the afternoon/evening is beneficial. Again, for me personally, I would rather have the extra light in the mornings. Guess we'll see if it passes and becomes law...either way...I enjoy the longer days as we move toward spring!

I know I know -you have every right to have an opinion as I - i have to stop using he quote feature.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
8F7AD81A-5109-4F56-8D6C-E968E825EE90.jpeg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be down for this. Able to run out after work for more than an hour to hunt in November. Don't have to wake up as early on the weekends to go ice fishing in Dec/Jan.

I have to use the quote --- i am trying to figure out what you are saying:

November 1 we changed time to DST -- so for November we already were at standard time - the time in which the law is stating we would stay on. So nothing would change for November.

Winter times stays at standard time just like it is now.

What am i missing?

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like the first 2 posts of the thread mention, my understanding is this is not to abolish DST, but keep it all year (basically don't fall back in Nov.). So summer daylight hours would be unchanged.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like the first 2 posts of the thread mention, my understanding is this is not to abolish DST, but keep it all year (basically don't fall back in Nov.). So summer daylight hours would be unchanged.

Sorry i believed what lunker said on his original post

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that sucks I thought we were getting rid of switching our clocks back and forth

We are, one more time to spring ahead this spring, and then we're done switching them. You can handle one more spring ahead Lunk, I know you can.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those of us with jobs, that extra hour after work is huge.
for those of us with outside jobs that extra hour of daylight in the mornings for work in the winter months is huge. Sunrise will be at 9:28 am on 12/30/2021 if ND stays on DST

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry i believed what lunker said on his original post

[FONT=&quot] "switch to year-round daylight saving time observance." [/FONT]https://www.inforum.com/news/government-and-politics/6878108-North-Dakota-Senate-passes-bill-for-permanent-daylight-saving-time

- - - Updated - - -

Sixty-seventhLegislative Assemblyof North DakotaIntroduced by
Senators Heitkamp,
O. Larsen,
Oban
Representatives
Magrum, Skroch, Toman

A BILL for an Act to create and enact a new section to chapter 1-08 of the North Dakota CenturyCode, relating to requiring the state to observe daylight saving time year round; to repealsection 40-01-20 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to daylight saving time; and toprovide an effective date.BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF NORTH DAKOTA:SECTION 1. A new section to chapter 1-08 of the North Dakota Century Code is createdand enacted as follows: Year - round observance of daylight saving time.This state and each political subdivision shall observe daylight saving time year round asthe standard time of the entire state and each political subdivision.SECTION 2. REPEAL. Section 40-01-20 of the North Dakota Century Code is repealed.SECTION 3. CONTINGENT EFFECTIVE DATE. This Act becomes effective on the thirtiethday after the attorney general certifies to the legislative council the United States Congress hasamended 15 U.S.C. 260(a) to authorize states to observe daylight saving time year round.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your problem can be solved by simply changing your start time at work!

- - - Updated - - -

How can someone who works outside be affected at all? Common sense boys common sense!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

How can someone who works outside be affected at all? Common sense boys common sense!
Its really because years ago they switched the mountain time zone start from the Jamestown area, to the stark county line.
You guys on the east of this are the ones living in an odd time zone, and it effects your day light times.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Daycare closes at 6pm

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can just feel the pressure

I am glad i dont have that pressure anymore.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you solve your problem and start work and hour earlier so you can get off earlier to fuck around for an extra hour instead of telling others to change the time they start work.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Never understood why small sections of ND, SD, NE, TX, and KS all observe Mountain Time? Wouldn't it just be easier to run the state borders for MT/CT time?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why don't you solve your problem and start work and hour earlier so you can get off earlier to fuck around for an extra hour instead of telling others to change the time they start work.

If possible I would. You don't even need a clock, you're working by the sun. I'm guessing society will adjust and day cares will adjust too.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what do they do if you are late picking up your child from daycare? Throw them outside so they can lockup?
Guessing there is a "big" late charge or service fee?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74