No more messing with the clock in North Dakota

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If possible I would. You don't even need a clock, you're working by the sun. I'm guessing society will adjust and day cares will adjust too.

Get your employer to change the start time or get another job you have options.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have the same ones chun.

- - - Updated - - -

You're probably gonna get to sleep in another hour next winter, and you're crying around. SMH.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If possible I would. You don't even need a clock, you're working by the sun. I'm guessing society will adjust and day cares will adjust too.

We did this before when the US stayed on DST --- no nothing changed. I walked to school with my green n3b lookalike that my mother had to sew reflector tape on it so i wouldnt get run over. My parents worked same hours as the year before. It was a bitch getting up for school.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have the same ones chun.

- - - Updated - - -

You're probably gonna get to sleep in another hour next winter, and you're crying around. SMH.
I'm not the one advocating for a change so I get some more fuck around time at the expense of others.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're already on it for most of the year, and finally they figured to just stay on it. Adapt, overcome. Expense of others GTFOH!!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys realize this isn't happening until MN, MT and SD do the same right? That's an amendment to the bill. Doubt this will ever happen unless the entire US adopts it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Nope try to get people to show up at 7 to have the center open is hard enough and not enough people would be early enough to off set the cost of having to serve breakfast and to pay the staff the over time that would occur. People already complain of daycare prices this would just make them even more. 9 hours a day of day care is enough 7:30 -5:30 is long enough. Seeing it from the inside and how close the margins are were a huge eye opener. This is what i have seen from owning a day care center for the last 2 years

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Daycares are about as big of thieves as cell phone companies haha

fuck i wish. With the regulations and the cost of living in a small town and the food its barely a break even here at the start. Just the insurance alone is tough to swallow. Now people running the illegal in home not following any regulation not having to make payments on property or insurance i am sure they are doing good .

- - - Updated - - -

if one thing i have learned most people running a small business are just trying to survive. i used to complain but now have a way better understanding just because you gross alot that dont mean shit

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never understood why small sections of ND, SD, NE, TX, and KS all observe Mountain Time? Wouldn't it just be easier to run the state borders for MT/CT time?

I am pretty sure the time zones were originally set by the railroads when we weren't states, at least, not all of those listed were states.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
YEP, just get a babysitter. My mom babysat for 2 kids that were friends of the family. Those two kids were listed as grandchildren in her obit. What the hell do you guys do when for 8 months we are on DST? Do That, but all year now.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
YEP, just get a babysitter. My mom babysat for 2 kids that were friends of the family. Those two kids were listed as grandchildren in her obit. What the hell do you guys do when for 8 months we are on DST? Do That, but all year now.

There are not that many people who are not both working and then when they are retired watching a kid for 9 plus hours a day seems like a horrible way to spend retirement. The time of the year does not matter most people have set hours they work and schedule accordingly . The waiting list for childcare is crazy even in a little town. Hell people plan having kids around when she will have an opening

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
no easy answer to the childcare issue. if ya charge anymore, most folks can't make it pencil out for 2 or more kids. so, one stays home. if you are licensed (regulated) you certainly can't charge any less or kurt is right... you won't make it. a small subsidy per child from local governments seems to work. in the name of economic development. keeps people in the workplace.

unlicensed (not illegal) daycares seem to do better. simply because they aren't hampered with the regulations... mostly the X amount of kids per care provider regulation. do it out of their home. right some of their home expenses off. but, then they don't get the food subsidy. but, PBJ, bologna, hotdogs and funeral hotdish are cheap.

i will be ok if this passes. i do like the idea of sleeping in all hunting and ice fishing season.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not the one advocating for a change so I get some more fuck around time at the expense of others.

I don't consider evening walleye bites after work eff around time. That or about a zillion other things I could do with my kids because of the extra hour in the evening.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
no easy answer to the childcare issue. if ya charge anymore, most folks can't make it pencil out for 2 or more kids. so, one stays home. if you are licensed (regulated) you certainly can't charge any less or kurt is right... you won't make it. a small subsidy per child from local governments seems to work. in the name of economic development. keeps people in the workplace.

unlicensed (not illegal) daycares seem to do better. simply because they aren't hampered with the regulations... mostly the X amount of kids per care provider regulation. do it out of their home. right some of their home expenses off. but, then they don't get the food subsidy. but, PBJ, bologna, hotdogs and funeral hotdish are cheap.

i will be ok if this passes. i do like the idea of sleeping in all hunting and ice fishing season.

Maybe it is different in nd but no food subsidy here it is just an expense. Here if you have over 12 kids your supposed to be licensed and then have to follow all the rules(its never enforced on in home) and the child to staff ratio is just one. Never knew how much fire alarm systems are then the yearly maintenance to get them certified. you have to have some one who is qualified to be a pre k supervisor to write programs for the kids. Luckily my mother in law taught first grade for 30 years but she still had to take classes to be qualified. All the staff has to take classes almost bi monthly and they are not free and their not going to pay for them. When people complain about the cost of child care that is some thing that should have been addressed before having a whole herd of kids. Now if minimum wage is 15.00 just imagine what the cost will be

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My poor mother raised kids her whole damn life. She took care of her little brother as her mom had to work since her dad died at a young age. Married and started having kids in her 20's. She had 3 two years apart just like they all did it in the 50's & 60s. When the youngest was 8 years old then oops I came along. When I got into grade school she baby sat off and on until I got in Jr. High then she started with the 2 family friends. She took them from crib to upper elm when they could go home by themselves. But my brother had a kid just before I graduate HS. He divorced and had full custody. They were saddled with his kid, and he didn't miss a beet. Softball, fishing, hunting, dart league, JC's, Etc. Then when she's 20 something, he remarries and has another kid. By this time mom was in year 10 of fighting cancer. But she still took care of this one until she passed 4 years later.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I the only one that is confused what daycare has to do with what time the sun sets and rises??

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
somebody mentioned go to work earlier to someone who works outside or something like that. response was daycare isn't available that early i think.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77