No more messing with the clock in North Dakota

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND state government voted to abolish day light savings time which I am very grateful for I never did care to lose an hour of sleep in the spring. Yeah it was fine in the fall but it never benefited me or my job enough since we are controlled by the weather temperature more so.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND state government voted to abolish day light savings time which I am very grateful for I never did care to lose an hour of sleep in the spring. Yeah it was fine in the fall but it never benefited me or my job enough since we are controlled by the weather temperature more so.

NO! The ND House voted to have year round daylight savings time:

NORTH DAKOTA HOUSE APPROVES YEAR-ROUND DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME

https://www.newsdakota.com/2021/02/12/north-dakota-house-approves-year-round-daylight-saving-time/

ps: I think they need the Fed's approval to go forward with it tho. 7 other states have approved year round daylight savings time but none have the Fed's approval to implement it!

Last edited:

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
NO! The ND House voted to have year round daylight savings time:

NORTH DAKOTA HOUSE APPROVES YEAR-ROUND DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME

https://www.newsdakota.com/2021/02/12/north-dakota-house-approves-year-round-daylight-saving-time/

ps: I think they need the Fed's approval to go forward with it tho. 7 other states have approved year round daylight savings time but none have the Fed's approval to implement it!

No states have federal approval for pot, yet those states still allow it. Why should we care if the Fed's approve DST?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that sucks I thought we were getting rid of switching our clocks back and forth

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For selfish reasons I would rather the state stay on Central Standard Time year round. Still would be light till about 9PM, but would start getting light at 430AM...I'm an early riser! From June thru September I prefer fishing in the morning...rather have more light in the AM...just my take!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sun comes up, sun goes down and I play in between. I dont care what the clock says. LB

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
For selfish reasons I would rather the state stay on Central Standard Time year round. Still would be light till about 9PM, but would start getting light at 430AM...I'm an early riser! From June thru September I prefer fishing in the morning...rather have more light in the AM...just my take!

I couldn't agree more same here

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we just move to mountain time. My understanding is that the original time-zone line, between central and mountain time, was around Jamestown.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be down for this. Able to run out after work for more than an hour to hunt in November. Don't have to wake up as early on the weekends to go ice fishing in Dec/Jan.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we just move to mountain time. My understanding is that the original time-zone line, between central and mountain time, was around Jamestown.

After living in Dickinson for close to a year and in mountain time, all I can say is mountain time stinks. I don't care for sunset at 4pm on Dec 21 and sunrise at 4:45am on June 21. However, it nice that it takes 20min to get to Dickinson from Bismarck.

Last edited:

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
No states have federal approval for pot, yet those states still allow it. Why should we care if the Fed's approve DST?

I wonder if we can do this with Firearms if the feds ban them can North Dakota make their own laws to keep them?

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For those of us with jobs, that extra hour after work is huge.

That's a valid point Rowdie. I'm blessed to be able to work 4 10 hour shifts from May till October...so I have every Friday off. I guess I take for granted the fact that if the wind doesn't shut me out, I am heading south with the boat every Friday morning at 6AM! Only time I appreciate the extra time in the evenings is early in the open water season when the bite is better in the afternoon...and late fall...same thing.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

Thats fine if your Job allows you to start at 430am. I am betting most dont and most will lose out on :

1. running to the lake after work for a couple hours of fishing
2. Getting in that deer stand in September and October after work
3. Nice fall and spring evenings after work going out running the dog and going for a walk those days will be gone.

Who wants to do that before work - not me.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^ I said "for selfish" reasons Short. I absolutely agree that spring/fall additional light in the afternoon/evening is beneficial. Again, for me personally, I would rather have the extra light in the mornings. Guess we'll see if it passes and becomes law...either way...I enjoy the longer days as we move toward spring!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would love to be able to hit evening winter bites more often. This would make that happen.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kinda feel sorry for you young uns.

Here is how it works when you get old. Her: "why you getting up now?" Me: "cause I am done sleeping." Me: " Going to bed now." Her: "Why?" Me: "cause I am tired."

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76