Red Dot sight

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
old trijcon $2k pay for the glass. same as the new "reflex 6.5 MOA.firm believer you get what you pay for in optic's.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
gotcha,whats wromg with ruger's lazer? just curious.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
087E8921-0775-448B-9F32-CD2468410D00.jpg7647140A-7D03-42E3-810B-1B151F13CA7E.jpg
Have a burris fastfire 3 on the mark III and ncstar on the charger. Had an aimpoint that I regrettably let go with a trade and recently traded a trijicon for a custom setup. Really nothing bad to say about any of them, all depends how much you're going to use it and how much you want to spend. Guy at gerrells pointed me directly to this ncstar for plinking for the price, hope that helps somewhat.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice set up Rut,both,what cal is the ruger? looks like a 10mm curious,my little town has a discreet custom gun shop,"JP arms" met the owner at a 3 gun shoot years back we were humpin on the long range course in the kentucky hills,turned out he took me under his wing as his spotter crapped out on the hike,built me a custom stainless AR sold me under trijicon optics as he had a military contract at the time and only used trijicon optics but what do I know? the price was right.His shop is so discreet he has a armed guard at the front door,does not allow public or has a FFL instead he uses a local gun shop for shipping/rec'ving but that was years ago,no longer shoot that competition tight budget these days.

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are both rugers and 22lr and I made a mistake and traded my ruger that looked like the ss one id had for 15 years and only a handful of rounds thru the barrel (but it had the ((ugly to me)) skinny barrel) for a couple expensive custom rods and to have the same guy fix all my broken tips on my other fav rods I'd broken.
Like they say in sports, "sometimes the trades you don't make are the best ones.."

Zogman: if you're ever in the dl area in the near future you can gladly take either one or both for a shoot out at the range or out in the country anytime, u have my cell.

And to add: (ballparks)
Ncstar:$50
Burris fastfire:$230
Aimpoint:$400-450
Trijicon:$450-500

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ncstar work pretty good?
Heck Yea it does and has 4 different reticles you can choose from and 3 different lumifications in both red & green.

IMHO btw the Max Cal on the NCstar is prob 22 or on a tactical shotgun. Like to think it's a good plinker or self defense optic is all. Kinda like an 870, it just gets the job done.

Last edited:

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.eotechinc.com/eotech-hws-512

I put a Eotech holographic on my AR. It is really fun to shoot with the Eotech. Target acquisition is incredible with it.

Nevermind....I just realized that you only want it for your .22 pistol

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zogman I have a half dozen red dots. My old eyes have a hard time seeing rear sight, front sight. and target. I have a Burris Fast Fire III on my Ruger Mark IV. I have a couple of Sig Sauer that I like that turn om with the slightest mobement then turn off after two minutes motionless. I have three cheaper Weaver that are surprisingly good for under $100 and they are very small. I have one of thosr on an 18 inch bstrel Ruger Predator in 308, and its minute of deer to 300 yards. I also have an old Tasco and its crazy how eyes work because you can leave the front cap on and still hit very well because your left eye sees the target and your left eye sees the dot. The brain superimoses the red dot accurately.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Bushnell copy of EOTech. Its a dot with 60 minute circle. You would swear its 10 feet in front of your muzzle when you look through it. My complaint is it eats batteries even in the safe. You have to remobe batteries when not in use or they are dead within a few days. I dont understand how it can go through s pair of batteries turned off as fast as turned on.

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Disclaimer: do your research before putting a high end optic on a low caliber such as a 22 imho. Plinking cans/training/gophers is what a 22 is built for imho. Would never waste much more than I had to on a 22 optic unless I was competing or shooting it everyday. Save the aimpoints and trijicons for the ar platforms.

Last edited:

WoodyND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two Simmons red dots. I used them when I shot competition bullseye pistol on a Ruger Mark II and a Colt 1911. Both worked fine for me. I still have the Mark II and it shoots varmints to this day up to and beyond my abilities now. Took the one off my .45 and put it on my muzzle loader and have taken 2 deer with it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66