Possible rolling blackouts

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stand next to a flare in the patch, thatll keep you all warmed up.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Where is that dipshit from NewYork when Texas needs her, they can take these windmills and cram them up their asses, the ones South of Columbus didn't even turn in this cold weather, if it wasn't for the Coal fired power plants we all would have froze to death this last week

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does WAPA get it power from the water turbines at Garrison dam?

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So any city that has it own municipal power is going to be effected. As they get there power from WAPA. The only town that I can think of in N.D. is Valley City. I didnt think Bismarck got its power from WAPA. I know there power was from MDU, and I dont know it they changed hands for not.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yup, the new Green Deal is a FAIL ​Look no further than Texas.....smh,.

Well technically nuclear , coal and natural gas plants have also shutdown because they are not built to run at sub freezing temps and they supply most of the power. A lack of winterization regulations is the biggest issue here. If they were built and maintained like the ones in ND it wouldn’t be an issue.

What this does show us is what the future could look like if we transition more of our power sources to wind and solar. Wind and solar are not ready to deal with extreme cold or warm spells, let alone another mini ice age coming along......

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anybody wants to see the future of mandated green energy here in the U.S., look at what's happening in Germany right now. They heavily subsidized and mandated renewables for years, and this year they pulled the plug on the subsidies. Now people have to decide between freezing or starving, because many can't afford both.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is not “Unprecedented” in TX as so many in the news are claiming. There have been lower temps recorded.

The ONLY thing “unprecedented” about what’s going on in TX right now is that there is an unprecedented number of people totally unprepared for weather below 32F ambient.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the nd turbines could run down to -20.

Just when i wanted that 500+ F150 torque --

Flare the oil wells rudolph - full power!!!!!!

Lets warm this country up. I want to see the dirt uncovered when i go north on 83. I want to see stacks smokin

merica

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now people have to decide between freezing or starving, because many can't afford both.
Fishing and hunting might not be such a "hobby" in the future. I know why I have 3 deep freezes anyway.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I think I had a couple of these my senior year in high school and freshman year of college

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the nd turbines could run down to -20.

They can as long as they have the "cold weather package" which is just heaters in the control cabinets that have all the electronic components. If the control boxes get too cold they will automatically shut down to prevent damage to the electronics. Im sure the wind towers in Texas/Oklahoma don't have the cold weather package.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
From MDUs website....

[h=2]MDU NOT EXPECTING TO CURTAIL POWER TO CUSTOMERS[/h]Montana-Dakota Utilities is a member of the MISO transmission grid and energy market. MISO does not expect to implement load reductions today, and Montana-Dakota Utilities does not expect any power interruptions today. The region’s other transmission/energy group, Southwest Power Pool, is curtailing load again today. Montana-Dakota Utilities does not receive energy from SPP and therefore is not impacted.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a Robo call from Mor-Gran-Sou about roaming blackouts for the next few days. They said 30 minutes. Oh and Why are all the windmills in Texas freezing up?!!?? Did they not make them to withstand cold in the south?

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They need to stick Biden's and all the other liberal zero's tongues on a windmill blade and give them a whirl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75