Jumper/Booster Box for the boat

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just have cables that will easily reach from the trolling batteries to the motor. No need to keep jumper cables charged.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've got a noco for the truck. its overkill at 2000 Amps. but, since it will be hanging out in a cold truck for 4 months out of the year, i figured better safe than sorry. fwiw, it will start my old dodge 1/2 hemi with a frozen battery.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/...3d9c-6fa9-478f-a4dc-d825552fa05f&ref_=ast_bln

got mine from the local wally world for $189 i think. smaller ones that would work for your boat are probably half the price.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just have cables that will easily reach from the trolling batteries to the motor. No need to keep jumper cables charged.

This. A good pair of 20-25ft jumper cables will suffice. I've even used the vehicle to put a good charge on the battery in the am because something got left on the night before.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The $70-$100 rechargeable boosters are incredible these days. Don’t wait for someone to rescue you, just jump it. Recharge via USB in the boat. Easy peasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Size of two packs of cigarettes and weighs less than a pound. Whodathunkitpossible.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep jumper cables and a small booster box that I picked up at Harbor Freight. Being dead in the water is kinda a big fear of mine.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
We have a booster box in our boat and we had to use the very last time out last fall , Fricken 3 yr old Interstate battery died

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of my buddies have Ampeak jump starter 12v/1500A peak, super small will start just about anything, I have a Tacklife T8 800A peak 1800MAH both around $60 on Amazon.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a set of jumper cables that stay in the boat and I've had to use them a few times. Thinking about getting one of those Noco jump packs to leave in the boat in summer and truck in the winter. I'd still leave a set of cables in both the boat and truck tho.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
How often do you need to charge one of these deals. I had a weak battery in the ranger side by last week in the -20 temps, ended up taking the pickup across the bay and putting a jump on it. Really the entire reason to not run the pickup on the ice was voided in the cold of the moment.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
We charge ours twice a year , once in the spring before fishing and once in the fall before hunting and then it is also taken along when ice fishing . Ours worked just like it was supposed to last fall

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought the review below from Amazon was comical.

Jon
5.0 out of 5 stars This thing could restart my marriage it’s that powerful
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 12, 2020
Verified Purchase
please read .. never in my life have I held something so powerful in my hands , it’s the closest I’ll every get to being thanos !! Where do I start ?? It as stream lined as crystal the stripper from my stag in Vegas just not as expensive . It charges quicker than Elon musks pace maker and boy can it start things !! It has enough amps to restart my heart after crystal , world war 2 , Jefferie Epstein’s career it’s that powerful . One guys review said that it start his plane !!! A plane , that flies in the sky !!! And I believe it ... I hooked it up to my ex wife and my van AT THE SAME TIME pushed the button and they both started running ( granted she’s always been good at that ) . It comes with a nice carry case , a set of instructions for country’s I’ve never even heard of . If you are in need of something starting you need to buy this thing . This morning I thought I had corona so I hooked it up to my man nips hit the button and watched my immune system re boot .. decent bit of kit also has light would recommend 4/5
86 people found this helpful
Report abuse

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How often do you need to charge one of these deals. I had a weak battery in the ranger side by last week in the -20 temps, ended up taking the pickup across the bay and putting a jump on it. Really the entire reason to not run the pickup on the ice was voided in the cold of the moment.

my sxs has one that lives there 365

charges last a loooong time - and they come w cigarette plug charger.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75