A bear it all moment

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's what you call, Shitin and gettin

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dad and his friend were out shooting prairie dogs sometime in the mid-80's. Friend needs a "facility" and there's an outhouse nearby. He gets in, appropriately dis-robed and perched upon the "throne", and the rattling starts. The snake is visible in the corner, not under him in the deposit zone, and much too far away for any manner of effective strike. IIRC there was a rimfire pistol handed to the outhouse occupant who then dispatched the snake accordingly.

Not nearly as harrowing a tale as inadvertently pooping on a bear.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dad and his friend were out shooting prairie dogs sometime in the mid-80's. Friend needs a "facility" and there's an outhouse nearby. He gets in, appropriately dis-robed and perched upon the "throne", and the rattling starts. The snake is visible in the corner, not under him in the deposit zone, and much too far away for any manner of effective strike. IIRC there was a rimfire pistol handed to the outhouse occupant who then dispatched the snake accordingly.

Not nearly as harrowing a tale as inadvertently pooping on a bear.

I took a knee to tie my bootlace while up atop a butte. Heard something vibrating, looked all around, realized I was kneeling over an occupied rattle snake hole. I moved.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The pooping on the bear thing is like when they got Mr. Chow outta the freezer and his "But did you die?" line.

No matter the story someone else ever tells, that person will be able to say, "But have you shit on a bear?"

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buzz worms really have me bothered. I don't know if i can even hear there rattling anymore with my bad hearing.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is why port-a-potties and outhouses are e-dumps to me. Can never get the scene from hills have eyes out of my head let alone thinking of a rattler down there.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
As Neegan would say. "You got you shitten pants on"

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was bear hunting on time up in a tree stand and I had a small bear that like to visit my up the tree. This was the third night in the same stand the little bear had climbed up my tree to visit me every night. So I the third night I thought I will pee on him before he came to visit me. It worked all the bear did was look up and me then rolled around on the ground before getting distracted by another noise then went back to the barrel.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74