Which one of you clowns did this?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a FB subscriber - cannot read it. Post something everyone can read.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So glad I never made an account on FB! I hate it when people share links to it.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s a dead link anyway, whatever it was it’s been pulled by the FB police.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a video of someone landing a plane on the ice at Audubon ( I think she never stated where but it looks like Audubon). I guess since a few don’t have FB or don’t like it we all aren’t allowed to use it or like it. Point taken comrades. I’ll just fall back in line and continue marching to the concentration camp.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was the plane on wheels or skis? I would think the ice should be thick enough now to land a small plane on most lakes. Wouldn't want to have pressure ridge on the landing strip. Would think that most lakes don't have much snow to affect a plane on wheels either. If the snow is a little deeper taking off might be a little tougher getting takeoff speed up. Now if the landing was during the summer it might be a good idea t have floats instead of either skis or wheels. By the way, most airplane owners don't care much for off-airport landings by a borrower or renter.

With all that I would like to be able to see the video.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a video of someone landing a plane on the ice at Audubon ( I think she never stated where but it looks like Audubon). I guess since a few don’t have FB or don’t like it we all aren’t allowed to use it or like it. Point taken comrades. I’ll just fall back in line and continue marching to the concentration camp.

Facebook has taken the place of the Brownshirts having to go door-to-door when neighbors had to rat on neighbors. If you're using FB you're not marching to the concentration camp, you're manning the furnace.

Airplanes on the ice in ND in Feb ought not really come as a surprise to anyone. Especially on a year like this when there's so little snow, nice smooth landings without a normal year's windblown natural moguls.

Square_Hammer

Established Member
We were fishing govt Bay yesterday and a plane was flying around really low. Probably same one. Was it for the derby?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

Can't you post the video, or does it have to be to the FB site?? Most videos are on YouTube and you can share them from there.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't you post the video, or does it have to be to the FB site?? Most videos are on YouTube and you can share them from there.
A friend of mine put it on FB it wasn’t on ytube

Nmariner

Established Member
There was a plan with wheels that landed on the West end of Mallard Island Saturday afternoon. FB blocked here at work and link says its broken on my phone so not sure what the original post was about.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There were a couple of snowless years that I used to land my Tri-pacer on the lake. If the wind was right, it was a very long runway but braking was nil. I also don't have facebook.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
A number of years ago there were a couple yo-yo's that put a plane down on the ice of Upper Red Lake to fish.

If I remember correctly, they were on the reservation share of the lake and got caught. Never did hear how that worked out for them, but I'm guessing it was expensive.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years ago, when perch fishing was good at Alkaline, we watched a plane land on the ice and then they went fishing. Kind of cool.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75