Electric trolling motors

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That lift assist can kiss my ass. Mashed the shit out of my fingers a few times, plus it takes up about 4 inches of the shaft length. When my terrova craps out I’m going to a motorguide.
I always worried about it locking up and being stuck with it down 10 miles from the ramp

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The terrova is much more responsive and you'll be able to better control your boat.

Google it up there is some updated features you will like. I run the Terrova no lift assist loaded with all the bells and whistles and have been very happy if you are into technology get one. 2015 up models spot lock was way better. Hand held remote is nice, GPS, autopilot, spot lock, Higher Thrust is big must run on less power levels saves batteries. Got mine just before lift assist and Ulterra had to many bugs. Lowrance graphs are best bet for Minnkota trolling motors. One Option is 2D built in sonar just get small cable to plug into graph for US2 on bow. If run certain Hummingbirds or Garmin go Mega DI image they link direct, Lowrance will not. I run structure scan 3d and active scan on back of boat two graph's on dash one graph on bow can switch between two transducer in settings on Lowrance graph, I am not into the fancy live scope extra can run up front clamped to trolling motor or separate pole with two graphs up front. Garmin Force is good and bad I have friends that run it along with Lowrance ghost. Seems like need damn degree to run all this shit now days and fat check book for sure. Can link two graphs one on bow and one on dash also or if using NMEA Network or wireless setup. Can also setup tracks on birds and Garmin's with front trolling motor to follow the course from before. Ulterra with I-pilot link is also for birds and Garmin's, not Lowrance. Google is your friend to tell difference so much they all do and don't depends on whole setup.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Google it up there is some updated features you will like. I run the Terrova no lift assist loaded with all the bells and whistles and have been very happy if you are into technology get one. 2015 up models spot lock was way better. Hand held remote is nice, GPS, autopilot, spot lock, Higher Thrust is big must run on less power levels saves batteries. Got mine just before lift assist and Ulterra had to many bugs. Lowrance graphs are best bet for Minnkota trolling motors. One Option is 2D built in sonar just get small cable to plug into graph for US2 on bow. If run certain Hummingbirds or Garmin go Mega DI image they link direct, Lowrance will not. I run structure scan 3d and active scan on back of boat two graph's on dash one graph on bow can switch between two transducer in settings on Lowrance graph, I am not into the fancy live scope extra can run up front clamped to trolling motor or separate pole with two graphs up front. Garmin Force is good and bad I have friends that run it along with Lowrance ghost. Seems like need damn degree to run all this shit now days and fat check book for sure. Can link two graphs one on bow and one on dash also or if using NMEA Network or wireless setup. Can also setup tracks on birds and Garmin's with front trolling motor to follow the course from before. Ulterra with I-pilot link is also for birds and Garmin's, not Lowrance. Google is your friend to tell difference so much they all do and don't depends on whole setup.

Garmin doesn’t talk with minn kota MDI transducer that I’m aware of. Only US2 sonar.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just make sure you get foot control. The handheld remote is nice addition to have also. Buddy has the Ultera and his model does not and is not adaptable to foot control and he hates it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The xi5 still doesn’t have a display? Or at least big bright LEDs somewhere to tell you on/off/lock/etc???

That’s BS. (I have one that’s 4 years old and I hate no display. In wind you can’t hear #### to tell you what’s going on.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The xi5 still doesn’t have a display? Or at least big bright LEDs somewhere to tell you on/off/lock/etc???

That’s BS. (I have one that’s 4 years old and I hate no display. In wind you can’t hear #### to tell you what’s going on.
Stay off my lawn

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Garmin doesn’t talk with minn kota MDI transducer that I’m aware of. Only US2 sonar.
I have a friend that runs Garmin you are correct only US2 he runs one bird one Garmin up front I thought they were both Garmin. Been in too many boats and mind is going crazy.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Terrova 80/US2-60" w I Pilot, two remotes (old and new style), foot control, and quick release mount.

I bought an XI-5 to replace it four years back.

Thinking of selling it - What's it worth?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Ulterras on both my rigs. I wouldn't run them if I tournament fished as they like to be treated well. I have broke one in waves, they don't work well below freezing and they hate dirt/dust. That said, I know their quirks so I put up with it so I can hit the button and move whenever I want without running up and down my boat in wind and waves.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Terrova 80/US2-60" w I Pilot, two remotes (old and new style), foot control, and quick release mount.

I bought an XI-5 to replace it four years back.

Thinking of selling it - What's it worth?

Seem to see them typically on classifieds for ~1000, probably reasonably expect 8-900.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just put my new Terrova on tonight. The only cable coming off it is the I-pilot link (I think). How do I hook up an older Lowrance?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just get a bird and use the technology you paid for.

Lmao....1st thought that went through my mind. But my buddy said they're hard to find right now. Even that one cable coming off doesn't look like a ducer cord. So will the new bird connect to ducer wirelessly?

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lmao....1st thought that went through my mind. But my buddy said they're hard to find right now. Even that one cable coming off doesn't look like a ducer cord. So will the new bird connect to ducer wirelessly?

slightly off topic, but Bird should really simplify there product lineup. They have too many models within a model. I understand the price point advantage to it, but when there is a shortage of available options, simplifying things wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks, found the cable at Scheels today.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn is this new Terovva NICE!! What an upgrade from Motorguide. Just love the display on the remote.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74