South Dakota Atty General

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
So he is charged with misdemeanors and now it comes out the dead guys glasses were found in his car, so his head came thru the windshield ? And the dead guys flashlight is laying beside him still lit

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad deal...this AG is a lying tool...
]That was a problem, detectives said, because Ravnsborg, 44, said he didn’t know he had hit a man until the following day, when he returned to the scene and found the body of Joseph Boever, 55, in a ditch.

[“They’re Joe’s glasses, so that means his face came through your windshield,” one of the detectives said in an interview released by the South Dakota Department of Public Safety on Tuesday.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I don't have a dog in this fight but have followed it closely and it has smelled since day one . Noem must have found out yesterday that the glasses deal was coming out , as she called for the AG resignation yesterday afternoon after 5 months

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
And he won't do any time.

Joe citizen would be in prison for at least a few years.

I hope the guys family sues the shit out of him and the other politicos who covered it up.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All opinions and all details aside, this story and the Tiger Woods accident both remind me how it takes literally one second for your life to come completely unraveled. One moment of your life can completely undo every moment leading up to it...sometimes through fault of your own and sometimes because of something completely out of your control. There are lots of reminders every day of this, but these two news stories really stand out to me today. The situation BrokeBackJack and his wife are facing is another recent standout.

Don’t take anything for granted...time with your kids, time with your spouse, your job, your home, your success, your mobility, your ability to hunt and fish, your ability to stand or see or speak, your ability to feel safe, your health, your mind, and the list goes on. One crazy moment can take it all away without warning. Use your time wisely on yourself and especially your family because we are all going to run out of it at some point.

Last edited:

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
All opinions and all details aside, this story and the tiger woods accident both remind me how it takes literally one second for your life to come completely unraveled. One moment of your life can completely undo every moment leading up to it...sometimes through fault of your own and sometimes because of something completely out of your control. There are lots of reminders every day of this, but these two news stories really stand out to me today.

Don’t take anything for granted...time with your kids, time with your spouse, your job, your home, your success, your mobility, your ability to hunt and fish, your ability to stand or see or speak, your ability to feel safe, your health, your mind, and the list goes on. One crazy moment can take it all away without warning. Use your time wisely on yourself and especially your family because we are all going to run out of it at some point.
Amen.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Corruption in SD politics run deep. The good old boy system at its finest. I was reading some of the transcripts from the interview. WOW, it seems they have proof that his phone was being used right before accident. The guys glasses were in his car!! Oh I hit a deer, COME ON MAN!! I'm guessing he was probably drinking also, that's why he waited until morning. What's really sad is how the system is rigged for the elite to walk. I mean when you're the AG, you can literally get away with killing someone it seems. Pretty sad how people just have to be on those damn phones 24/7.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must be trying to hold his ground based on innocent until proven guilty even as evident as it is.

I am guessing he is trying to hold onto his paycheck.

While I don't know anything about the guy, who would touch him with a 10 ft pole if he were on the job market at this point? As Dirty pointed out, this is an incredible inflection point in life for all involved. One person is dead and the other is now going to be so contaminated going forward that even if he avoids jail, life is over as he knew it.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All opinions and all details aside, this story and the Tiger Woods accident both remind me how it takes literally one second for your life to come completely unraveled. One moment of your life can completely undo every moment leading up to it...sometimes through fault of your own and sometimes because of something completely out of your control. There are lots of reminders every day of this, but these two news stories really stand out to me today. The situation BrokeBackJack and his wife are facing is another recent standout.

Man, I just got another brutal reminder this weekend about how fragile life really is. Unreal.
Love your kids people...use every second you have with them wisely. You just never know what today might bring.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Corruption in SD politics run deep. The good old boy system at its finest. I was reading some of the transcripts from the interview. WOW, it seems they have proof that his phone was being used right before accident. The guys glasses were in his car!! Oh I hit a deer, COME ON MAN!! I'm guessing he was probably drinking also, that's why he waited until morning. What's really sad is how the system is rigged for the elite to walk. I mean when you're the AG, you can literally get away with killing someone it seems. Pretty sad how people just have to be on those damn phones 24/7.

I watched a good portion of the interview with the detectives and he sounded believable. He said he called the authorities right after the accident and the sheriff came to the accident scene. Apparently the sheriff didn't seem to think it was anything other than hitting a deer. The sheriff even took him to his house and loaned him his private car to drive home. While returning the car the next day is when the body was discovered.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been by the accident site numerous times since it happened. That area's mowed short , short , short . You couldn't hide a skoal can there . Hard to believe you couldn't see a body there , even with just a phone flashlight .

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have significant questions about it all. The flashlight that was still on the next day and was said to be VERY bright. Maybe it just fell perfectly to be unseen? The impact pattern, stuff found in the car. Just doesn't add up. But, that said, think about the odds here. A guy driving at night on a dark, no traffic highway. One moment he doesn't pay attention and an individual who is walking well to the side of the road is hit and killed. Lives ruined. This could seriously be any of us driving at night anywhere in ND or SD. The odds of it all are simply incredible. I have no idea where it will go (civil suit will be tough for him to avoid), but terrible for both sides. Like Dirty says, things change in a heartbeat. Live today, never know what happens tomorrow.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched a good portion of the interview with the detectives and he sounded believable. He said he called the authorities right after the accident and the sheriff came to the accident scene. Apparently the sheriff didn't seem to think it was anything other than hitting a deer. The sheriff even took him to his house and loaned him his private car to drive home. While returning the car the next day is when the body was discovered.

Did we watch the same video? The guy is a lying sack of shit!

Seems like the sheriff might be hiding something as well if what you mention is true. Even Andy Griffith would've dug a little deeper than "hey take my car home".

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man, I just got another brutal reminder this weekend about how fragile life really is. Unreal.
Love your kids people...use every second you have with them wisely. You just never know what today might bring.

Damn dirty,spot on,so true.... My baby sister passed away monday afternoon at 51 yo trying to get our dad to a senior home at 92yo,pretty sure they had a argument as the old boy was dead set living alone in his house,pretty sure she had a heart attack as she had underlying issues I was unaware of,my B-inlaw said she recently had her second corvid shot as well,not sure if this was a factor yet,waiting to here.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where did he think the glasses came from?
what about the deer? They thought it was wearing glasses, then after destroying the car, ran off?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m very sorry to hear this, snow.
That sounds like a very stressful situation that just took a very unfortunate turn south. Thoughts and prayers heading your way. Hang in there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67