Bills and resolutions that have passed and still alive for crossover

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Trapper62:

No ideal what it means.

At my age and relationship i have with a lot of land owners most of these new laws have little effect on me but in time i am sure someone will get one pass for their own personal agenda that will piss the hell out of me.

Bow hunting is just fine the way it is imho and the use of trail cameras is just fine alone with food plots.

Too many laws made by people who have little knowledge of what is going on, to many people using Bismarck to get what they want for their personal needs with little regard to the wildlife's welfare and other hunters and then the politics enters into the picture. Most of us are not landowners who claim ownership of the wildlife.

Not sure why things that have work for countless years are not left alone. I think it would be best if they met every other 10 year period.
db

- - - Updated - - -

Never did smoke as beer was my choice of drug since i was a teen and am now 73 or maybe 74. Will need to look that up.
But, when i was young, i thought one day when i got old, i was looking forward to smoking pot illegally and then understand why pot smokers would laugh all the time while us beer drinkers seen nothing to laugh about. Must be something good here.

But by the time i get around to it it will be legal unless our leaders keep meeting so often. So i should thank them for keeping it illegal. db

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if this passes, do landowners need to electronically post it? If they don't is it still open to hunt?

EDIT TO ADD: Rowdie, my irritation is in no way directed at you.

I’ll paint a picture for you:

For those of us who don’t live anywhere near where we hunt and don’t have the time and opportunity to develop relationships with landowners and make repeated scouting trips in the weeks and months prior to hunting season, the best bet is to head to your unit, cruise around and see what’s there. Check which crops are down, which sections are posted, what might have some promise and act accordingly. Get my deer every year without having to bother landowners, butt heads with other hunters, or trespass.

Now I’ll have to pull up a map online and somehow plot out a map of what is posted and what’s not to take with me. Then I’ll have no idea what else might be posted until I get out there. Also, there’s nothing saying a landowner can’t decide to post his property electronically the morning of deer opener. Oh, and if you fuck up and accidentally find yourself in a field that was just electronically posted but there’s no physical sign, you’ll get charged with a class B misdemeanor, up to 30 days in jail. If it happens a 2nd time it’s a class A misdemeanor.

They’ve now made it such a pain in the ass to figure out what’s posted and what’s not, basically you’re fucked if you don’t have permission. This is “all land is now posted” without explicitly saying it.

I’ll probably jump some PLOTS ponds for duck opener but it’s less hassle now to buy a non-res tag and hunt deer or pheasant in another state. Or pay a landowner for access in ND.

Thanks a million.

- - - Updated - - -

Never did smoke as beer was my choice of drug since i was a teen and am now 73 or maybe 74. Will need to look that up.
But, when i was young, i thought one day when i got old, i was looking forward to smoking pot illegally and then understand why pot smokers would laugh all the time while us beer drinkers seen nothing to laugh about. Must be something good here.

But by the time i get around to it it will be legal unless our leaders keep meeting so often. So i should thank them for keeping it illegal. db

db-2 it sounds like you and Mrs. DB should take a little road trip to the lesser Dakota, set up camp (or rent a room), and dabble in some jazz cabbage. Bring snacks.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if the asshats put any thought on how they are going to find the game and fish in the near future

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bedwetter:

In my younger years, my pot head buddies talked about snacks. What snacks work best (brownies)? Does one get the need for food or what smoking pot?
I thought maybe one or both of us would get a little frisky. db

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bedwetter:

In my younger years, my pot head buddies talked about snacks. What snacks work best (brownies)? Does one get the need for food or what smoking pot?
I thought maybe one or both of us would get a little frisky. db

I’m the wrong guy to ask. You should ask guywhoknowsthesethings. and WEAR A RUBBER.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if the asshats put any thought on how they are going to find the game and fish in the near future

I don’t think 2021 will see a huge drop, but by 2022 it will be obvious how backwards land access has become and resident hunting numbers will plummet. I’ll probably do like everyone else now and put in out west where the public land is.

With all the added applicants out west, By 2025 you’ll be lucky to draw a mule buck tag ever. It’ll be a once every 12-15 years thing, assuming deer numbers don’t take a hit. If we get some bad winters and CWD continues to spread maybe 1 in 20 years draw. But at least farmer Ole doesn’t have to staple a yellow sign on his fence post every other year.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i started deer hunting in 59. Could walk for days and not even see a deer. But every year i went to coast to coast on Friday and got a license and seldom seen a no hunting sign. Always manage to empty my Win 94 30-30 on at least one deer. Red Ryder was my primary gun to kill with (sparrows).

Overall i am glad i seen the old days seeing how it is now going with not only hunting but living in this country.
Things are not going in the right direction any more. Feel sorry for the young.
Just got to complicated. db

- - - Updated - - -

Who is this guy whoknowsthesethings and wears a rubber? db

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
What happened with the DST proposal?

It's complicated, Passed in ND but still hinged on whether SD, MT and MN all make the same move, Then it still needs approval by US congress for some reason or another.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought maybe I’d wake up less pissed off this morning but it didn’t work.

Even if hunting unposted land, it’s illegal to be there if you’re not licensed and engaged in either hunting or fishing. So if you were thinking you might do some pre-season scouting or let your kids tag along while you hunt, that’s now trespassing, even if the land is unposted.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought maybe I’d wake up less pissed off this morning but it didn’t work.

Even if hunting unposted land, it’s illegal to be there if you’re not licensed and engaged in either hunting or fishing. So if you were thinking you might do some pre-season scouting or let your kids tag along while you hunt, that’s now trespassing, even if the land is unposted.

make sure you tell your kids about a cuck named gst who played an active role - with help from a couple other turds on NDA

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Within a few years we’re going to have a sharp drop in resident license and a sharp increase in poaching calls. Then they’ll try to solve it by increasing fines, mandatory jail time, maybe make it a felony. The legislature just created a lot of criminals. The next generation will be made up of kids that don’t hunt and/or don’t respect farmers/landowners and don’t respect the law. The days of exchanging pleasantries with the game warden are soon to be over. He’s now the constable protecting the king’s deer.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let the shit show begin. Farmer will now become a dirty word. Those farming section lines will have em tore up. Fields will burn I would guess. License sales will plummet and those that do will be masters of road hunting. Initiated measures up the ass will happen. Etc etc.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did not enough sportsman bring up their thoughts to their representatives? Or were those ignored/outnumbered for a more vocal minority? Guess we'll never know

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
guess I will, just like always, ask for permission? or did they ban hunting all together?

I have a dozen farm friends that I believe would still let me hunt their land whether they post it or if its all considered posted.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
guess I will, just like always, ask for permission? or did they ban hunting all together?

I have a dozen farm friends that I believe would still let me hunt their land whether they post it or if its all considered posted.

not everyone has a wife that's rearry rearry good rooking and is therefore popular like you

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
not everyone has a wife that's rearry rearry good rooking and is therefore popular like you
I think its all the handies she has given out over the years of getting us access to the lands we hunt... haha.

Kidding aside, 3 of my best hunting areas are because mrs johnr introducing me to them. She was an Ag lender for a few years, giving her the in with some local farmers.

Last edited:

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thank god this won’t effect juanR and his hunting. Whew.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Less non-landowners in the countryside. Fewer dollars going to the game and fish. Should be some happy farmers out there.

You may take it lightly since you already have a place to hunt, but it’s a bigger deal than you think. With less money going to the G/F, fewer WMA’s since they pay taxes on that land. What they have will probably diminish in quality. Less fish stocked. Fewer wardens. It will fucking suck for the average joe who doesn’t know any landowners and doesn’t want to bother anybody. I say this as a land owner; why do these big bad “lockout” owners need the government to hold their hand and save them from this plague of trespassers? Call the damn sheriff and if that doesn’t work, lobby for more law enforcement. Not very republican to beg for more government intervention.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69