----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 10,518
      Given: 8,785
      Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
      Less non-landowners in the countryside. Fewer dollars going to the game and fish. Should be some happy farmers out there.

You may take it lightly since you already have a place to hunt, but it’s a bigger deal than you think. With less money going to the G/F, fewer WMA’s since they pay taxes on that land. What they have will probably diminish in quality. Less fish stocked. Fewer wardens. It will fucking suck for the average joe who doesn’t know any landowners and doesn’t want to bother anybody. I say this as a land owner; why do these big bad “lockout” owners need the government to hold their hand and save them from this plague of trespassers? Call the damn sheriff and if that doesn’t work, lobby for more law enforcement. Not very republican to beg for more government intervention.
      I too agree.
      I was only trying to lighten up the “end of hunting in ND” pessimism.
      I am one of the mindset less laws equals more freedom. When Trump said for every new law we get rid of two old ones struck a cord with me.
      On my way home today from Mandaree area, I saw several rangale of deer. Adds to the optimism of a quality future hunt.

0 Not allowed!
      Last edited by johnr; 03-26-2021 at 06:36 PM.
      Neat

2. Back To Top    #42
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,746
      Given: 3,320
      Less non-landowners in the countryside. Fewer dollars going to the game and fish. Should be some happy farmers out there.

You may take it lightly since you already have a place to hunt, but it’s a bigger deal than you think. With less money going to the G/F, fewer WMA’s since they pay taxes on that land. What they have will probably diminish in quality. Less fish stocked. Fewer wardens. It will fucking suck for the average joe who doesn’t know any landowners and doesn’t want to bother anybody. I say this as a land owner; why do these big bad “lockout” owners need the government to hold their hand and save them from this plague of trespassers? Call the damn sheriff and if that doesn’t work, lobby for more law enforcement. Not very republican to beg for more government intervention.
      farmers have always needed government to hold their hand

2 Not allowed!

3. Back To Top    #43
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Basically a national treasure

Mood:
      Piratey

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,908
      Given: 6,187
      Quote Originally Posted by eyexer View Post
      farmers have always needed government to hold their hand
      Not all farmers. Let’s not paint with a broad brush...
      Name:  6EBF02C7-A499-49CC-B40F-83A91AD2FEB5.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  74.9 KB

0 Not allowed!
      If you're reading this post and find yourself muttering, "he can't be serious", there's a good chance I'm not.

Kurtr has killed more elk than me.

4. Back To Top    #44
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,746
      Given: 3,320
      Quote Originally Posted by Bed Wetter View Post
      Not all farmers. Let’s not paint with a broad brush...
      Name:  6EBF02C7-A499-49CC-B40F-83A91AD2FEB5.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  74.9 KB
      There’s so few it’s not worth mentioning

0 Not allowed!

5. Back To Top    #45
      VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,720
      Given: 1,235
      I just enjoy the walk in the brush now and then and big time with my grandkids looking for sheds or whatever is out there. With a young child there is a big world of things out there to see and talk about with the wonders of looking through a child eyes.
      It's been on public land or land i know the landowner would let me on. So is bring a BB gun and hunting for blackbirds consider hunting on land i am walking on?

Again laws are pass to suit a few, the rest of us say what the hell and find ways to get around the law. Those that pass them have no idea what the future holds and like i said before they need to meet every other 10 years.
      It was fine the way it was except a few wanted the gov. to take care of them and that includes many besides landowners. db

0 Not allowed!

6. Back To Top    #46
      Gold Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 212
      Given: 266
      Quote Originally Posted by db-2 View Post
      I just enjoy the walk in the brush now and then and big time with my grandkids looking for sheds or whatever is out there. With a young child there is a big world of things out there to see and talk about with the wonders of looking through a child eyes.
      It's been on public land or land i know the landowner would let me on. So is bring a BB gun and hunting for blackbirds consider hunting on land i am walking on?

Again laws are pass to suit a few, the rest of us say what the hell and find ways to get around the law. Those that pass them have no idea what the future holds and like i said before they need to meet every other 10 years.
      It was fine the way it was except a few wanted the gov. to take care of them and that includes many besides landowners. db
      It certainly doesn’t help that many of those in this state who write the laws are farmers/ranchers or their wives themselves, legislating their self interest. Hell a few made an attempt to handicap coal power and subsidize wind in order to get a windmill farm built on their land ($) and tried an “pro-ag” spin on it. It’s getting sickening. What if we had 40 restaurant owners in the house passing bills to benefit their industry at the public’s expense? It would look pretty ridiculous.

I don’t know where it turned into this anti-outdoorsman fiasco . Most farmers I know are still good, friendly, level headed people. This movement seems to have began when the DAPL protests took place. Yeah, I know that was infuriating (I was there faced against them for months), but the hippies are gone. You don’t need to be so damn territorial. Post your land if you don’t want anyone out there.

3 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #47
      VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 804
      Given: 560
      Classifieds
      It certainly doesn’t help that many of those in this state who write the laws are farmers/ranchers or their wives themselves, legislating their self interest. Hell a few made an attempt to handicap coal power and subsidize wind in order to get a windmill farm built on their land ($) and tried an “pro-ag” spin on it. It’s getting sickening.
      that would be brandenburg? Hes a bad actor. Pretty sure hes a paid windy lobbyist. Only thing worse than dumb is arrogant and dumb. He fits that bill.

1 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123